This ROTON is pretty bitchin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This ROTON is pretty bitchin'

I have to admit, I like everything I'm seeing here... especially the Skelecon. Man that looks fantastic.
    http://news.toyark.com/2016/02/14/to...display-195071

Last edited by Captain Atkin; 02-15-2016, 03:05 AM.

I'm assuming the Skelecon will come with the Roton.
    I'm glad they included the cover to look like the model kit. Makes it a little easier to buy 2 in order to have at least 2 Skelecons, and I can display both versions of the Roton.

Comment

• MrCellophane
      MrCellophane commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, same here. Goodbye $150 probably.

Awesome Roton, finally! I hope the tag price isn't that redicilous on it!
    Last edited by Mechanizor; 02-14-2016, 11:46 PM.

Comment

I'll be selling the skelecon figure if I get a Roton

Comment

• Croc-O-Bite!
        Croc-O-Bite! commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope there's more people who will be doing that, as I'd prefer not to buy a second Roton for the second Skelcon........... but I would if need be. It was my favorite villain vehicle after all.

Not to shabby looking

Didn't have a Roton growing up.

Comment

I never had it when I was a kid, so I feel like one right now! I'm getting at least three...

In my opinion vehicles are very essential in the MOTU world, the more we get the better the line becomes. ????

Comment

Freaking amazing! Can't wait!
          “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

Hmmm... I guess (?) with the line's future in the following year maybe in question, this would be the best way to slip that Skelcon in and get him made. although I really wish he could've been an army builder figure and they could've slipped in another most wanted type figure like maybe... Lodar???? Or simply another 'individual' character in; or maybe a 200X Tri-Klops which could hopefully bring the cost down just a bit. But then again, compared to what Tryke would've looked like next to this Skelcon, he probably would bump the price up a bit more; whatever the price is gonna be. And they have announced they created the mechanics for it to have it's "action feature" I will get a few...

Comment

Good god that is so AWESOME!!!!
              "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

I wont be hoping to get this one after its initial sale like i did with point dread and TF. Im buying it as soon as it goes on sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemisythe View Post
                  Hmmm... I guess (?) with the line's future in the following year maybe in question, this would be the best way to slip that Skelcon in and get him made. although I really wish he could've been an army builder figure and they could've slipped in another most wanted type figure like maybe... Lodar???? Or simply another 'individual' character in; or maybe a 200X Tri-Klops which could hopefully bring the cost down just a bit. But then again, compared to what Tryke would've looked like next to this Skelcon, he probably would bump the price up a bit more; whatever the price is gonna be. And they have announced they created the mechanics for it to have it's "action feature" I will get a few...

yes, a lodar instead of an army builder would have been better. how do they keep making these dumb mistakes, it's like they want to lose money.
                  http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomZodak View Post

yes, a lodar instead of an army builder would have been better. how do they keep making these dumb mistakes, it's like they want to lose money.
                    Maybe it's not a mistake at all, maybe they deliberately wanted to push the sales of the Roton by making people purchasing more of them to make armies of both; the vehicle and the Skelecon. Two birds with one stone so to speak!

I hope they would release the Skelekon as a single carded figure or in an army-builder set other than a vehicle down the road.
                    Last edited by Mechanizor; 02-17-2016, 06:05 PM.

Comment

that thing looks enormous, it's going to cost at least 100$US, & i can't see anyone spending 100s to army build.

Comment

No kidding. They shot themselves in the foot by putting the Skelecon in with this. What a stupid move.
                        "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

• Matthew L. Martin
                          Matthew L. Martin commented
                          Editing a comment
                          And if people don't want the Skelecon, the fact that it is an army builder type makes it easier for fans to resell.

• Draego-Man
                          Draego-Man commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I mean they could have sold this as a single carded figure, or even a 2 pack and people would have went nuts. No one will army build with a vehicle included. Unless they release this as a carded figure later it is a wasted opportunity.

• Mechanizor
                          Mechanizor commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hmm, probably it's a wasted opportunity for the Skelecon, but definitely not for the Roton, which is the main item in this case.
                          Last edited by Mechanizor; 02-19-2016, 04:43 AM.

that thing looks enormous, it's going to cost at least 100$US, & i can't see anyone spending 100s to army build.
                        Both the Wind-Raider and the Battle-Ram are as massive! One still sells for $50 (no figure, but with a stand) and the other sells for $110 (two pieces and a figure)... Probably if they added the spinning mechanism it could drive the price up.

Comment

i'm saying i would have bought 6 skelecons, because he's an army builder but there is no way i'm buying 6 rotons to build my army.

so they are losing out on the sale of 5 figures, on me alone. there are others who would have bought multiple skelecons. I'm only buying 1 roton. i can't see people buying multiple rotons. They should have put a mini-comic trap-jaw in there.

Comment

i'm saying i would have bought 6 skelecons, because he's an army builder but there is no way i'm buying 6 rotons to build my army.

so they are losing out on the sale of 5 figures, on me alone. there are others who would have bought multiple skelecons. I'm only buying 1 roton. i can't see people buying multiple rotons. They should have put a mini-comic trap-jaw in there.
                            I think they're testing the waters now on how this idea would perform, and maybe down the road they'd release the Skelecon individually or in a army building set like the Snake-Men pack?! This is mainly a Roton set with a presumably bonus figure, and not a Skelecon set per-se!

There is no reason for them to stop making more money if the demand is still there...

Comment

• Draego-Man
                              Draego-Man commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Except Mattel doesn't think that way. Want to make money? Produce more Skeletor and He-Man figures. Those should never be sold out! Make another batch of Teelas, Fistos, etc. and yet they don't care.

• Mechanizor
                              Mechanizor commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Yes, I agree here with your notion, since Neitlich's days they've been screwing up, however, we don't really know how they're marketing agenda really is or how it works!

Probably they're not willing to take a chance on the evergreen figures because they were thinking of releasing the Filmation versions at one point, and they were afraid it would've driven the sales down if they had two versions of Skeletor or He-Man available at the same time!

Then again, they've decided to go with a newer batch of the Horde-Trooper because it works as a Filmation (Club Grayskull) figure without any major changes or risks like your typical characters.

Originally posted by Mechanaizor View Post

I think they're testing the waters now on how this idea would perform, and maybe down the road they'd release the Skelecon individually or in a army building set like the Snake-Men pack?! This is mainly a Roton set with a presumably bonus figure, and not a Skelecon set per-se!

There is no reason for them to stop making more money if the demand is still there...
                            It's not a "bonus" if you have to pay extra for it.

Comment

• Mechanizor
                              Mechanizor commented
                              Editing a comment
                              In Mattel's eyes probably it is!
                              Regardless, this isn't the core of the discussion if the Skelecon is free or not!...
                              Let's say if they added another variant of any of the already released evil characters, would people who wanted the Roton still buy it or not!

I prefer the more robotic looking Roton of the vintage. The new design isn't bad, but doesn't feel like a vehicle.

It would be nice if the faces were removable and we could get two versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Y2Greg View Post
                              I prefer the more robotic looking Roton of the vintage. The new design isn't bad, but doesn't feel like a vehicle.

It would be nice if the faces were removable and we could get two versions.
                              I on the other hand felt the old design wasn't that robotic looking due the design of the eyes!

I think the new version has more balance to it, and it feels a bit of both; mechanical and organic... That being said, I'm not a big fan of the white portion in the eyes, it makes it a bit goofy looking than scary!... Still, it kicks ass IMO.

Comment

• Y2Greg
                                Y2Greg commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I can see what you're saying about those vintage eyes.

• Captain Atkin
                                Captain Atkin commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I liked the vintage eyes better.

SKELCON!!! Not Skelecon! **** Matty!
                              "The first condition of progress is that there is no censorship"

Happy in his folly, the fool embraces the devil...

IDH Custom toys

Comment

• Mechanizor
                                Mechanizor commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Good to know the right spelling DK...

Looks pretty good, like the Skelcon too.

Never going to pay that much for a vehicle (Unless MASTERPIECE). The Talon fighter and Battleram are so overpriced it's disgusting.
                              “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
                              Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

Roton vs Battle Ram
                                Last edited by PhantomZodak; 04-11-2017, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X