Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bait-N-Switch King Hssss (AKA Serpentine King Hssss) On Sale to 2015 Subbers 15 March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bait-N-Switch King Hssss (AKA Serpentine King Hssss) On Sale to 2015 Subbers 15 March

Bait-N-Switch King Hssss has finally gotten a release date and price point (unless, of course, it all changes):

Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

At least he doesn't have the crappy ankles!... Also $20 isn't too bad even though he should've been a free item for those of us who subscribed last year!

Comment

Don't forget the additional $12-15 in shipping and taxes.

Comment

Who can forget this ripoff, it's Matty after all... You better off buying more than one item from that site whenever you can.

Comment

finally! closure to this debacle.

Comment

Just got my two copies, almost $59, $19 for shipping and taxes for someone who lives in California is just freaking brutal!!!

I hate you Matty/DR...

Comment

Against my better judgement, I gave my source the go-ahead to score one for me. What can I say, I am a sucker for MYP/200X related stuff. It's going to cost nearly $32 before my source's additional shipping expense to get it to me. Sigh.

Comment

I bought one.

Mech, why did you get two? Good grief.
                "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

• Mechanizor
                  Mechanizor commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So I'd have the option of displaying him as a full serpentine figure and as a half serpent/half Hissss figure at the same time if I wanted to.
                  Last edited by Mechanizor; 03-18-2016, 01:53 AM.

I bought one this morning. I am actually more interested in using the snake head on the King Hiss buck then I am the new snake torso. I also like the repainted weapons.
                "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

• Dark Angel
                  Dark Angel commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Concur on the weapons. They were a definite selling point for me. The legs and morphing head I'm rather indifferent to.

bought two & an extra orginal hiss:skeletormes:
                http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Comment

I just opened him up, cool figure and the snakes are bindable except for the main head, which can be rotated left and right.

That said, the torso looks a bit too thin to the width of the hip peace, and the joints on the legs and feet aren't as tight as I would have liked them to be, thus posing him in exaggerated poses could be a bit difficult without falling.

The extra head is great and the painted accessories are nice.
                  All in all, he is not a bad figure at all on its own if you ask me.

I haven't tried installing the snake form on the 200X King Hissss yet, but I'm sure it will look bad ass as we've seen in the pics before.

Edit: I forgot to mention that there isn't a "China" indentation on his exposed torso and body, only underneath his left foot if my eyes aren't playing tricks o me.
                  Last edited by Mechanizor; 03-22-2016, 05:45 PM.

Comment

This figure has certainly grown on me. I may swap the legs and give them to one of the regular Snakemen warriors for a bit of variety. I think the new snake torso looks best on the 200X King Hiss.
                    “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

The tongue should not be pink. That looks stupid. Plus they glued it in upside down. Yet another FAIL by Matty!!
                      "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

• Captain Atkin
                        Captain Atkin commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Pink tongue doesn't really bother me that much. In most of the past artwork I've seen, it has been pink(ish).

• Mechanizor
                        Mechanizor commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I actually like it being pink, it gives a little more contrast. And I don't think it's glued upside down, the middle line of the tongue (medial sulcus) is facing up as it should be.

Still not impressed with how Mattel handled this situation, but I do think that the figure turn out looking good. The price also is reasonable.
                      “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

I don't have mine in hand yet so I'll reserve judgement for now.

Comment

• Mechanizor
                          Mechanizor commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I think you'll like him, he isn't that impressive, but definitely a ton better than the ugly snake form we got with the original King Hssss. The extra head and accessories make him worth having IMO.

I'm a big fan of the Snake faction in this line, and it would be nice to see Mattel creating vehicles and/or beasts and giants for them down the road.

he is way better than the torso that came with original hiss. I guess when he converts to this version his entire green jumpsuit comes off?

http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X