Rotar & Twistoid poll on main page discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotar & Twistoid poll on main page discussion

I was wondering what your thoughts were on the Rotar and Twistoid poll.
    Were you one of the few lucky ones who got the pair?
    Would you buy them as singles, either again, or for the first time, or only if they were redecos?

I do have the set, but I would buy them again to display without their legs, as mine are displayed right now with legs. Either way, unchanged or redecos is fine with me, whatever the majority wants.
    Speaking which, what would sell better? Original colour scheme or redecos? I'm not sure...... are there really that many without this set that the exact same colour scheme would sell enough? Could a redeco stray too far away from what fans want that they'd also not sell well enough?

POLL: http://www.hemanworld.com/2016/05/ro...ction-figures/

I would love to see these guys get re-released on single cards. I'm not a fan of the spinning gimmick, so I wouldn't care if that was included or not. I just want the figures.
    “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

I'm one those people who you consider got lucky to have them, and I display them with their legs, and I believe I have another pair stashed somewhere unopened, however I'm not totally sure since it's been a while since I kept track...

As for the Poll, I'd like to see a redeco or an upgrade of the two to convince myself on getting another pair, otherwise I'd pass on them and let the other fans enjoy their purchases.

Comment

I bought them on eBay.
        "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

I wasn't able to get the figures, and it bummed me out. I still don't have them. I would be happy to see them re-released on single cards.
          "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Atkin View Post
            I wasn't able to get the figures, and it bummed me out. I still don't have them. I would be happy to see them re-released on single cards.
            After seeing your post, I went ahead to check my invoices to make sure if I actually ordered two sets of these guys so I could offer you one, it turned out I only ordered one, and the other set that I ordered two of was the Hover Robots! What a bummer!... I guess I thought I would buy them again on sale like the other two packs, looks like I screwed this one up!

Comment

I missed out on them. I would like to see them re-released as singles. I am a bit of a completist.

Comment

I'm not really a fan of these 2, as such I would probably not buy them. However I would like to see them re-released as singles for those who really want them, and just in case I change my mind in the future.

Comment

I never had them as a kid, and when I got the MOTUC versions, they became two of my favorite vintage characters, especially Twistod. Then again, I'm a big fan of cyborgs and monsters.

Comment

With Super7 taking over the toyline, I hope they consider releasing Rotar and Twistoid as single carded figures.
                    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

• teemu81
                      teemu81 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Don't see that happening...Super 7 is too small of a company to take the risk. Honestly,The only line I see continuing right now is the Filmation line because there is still heavy hitters left to do.Thundercats maybe too,but I don't see much coming from the Collector's club.Figures are guaranteed to be $30+ each with another 10-15 shipping to boot

I got my Rotar and Twistoid on sale day. I always take these things seriously. Besides, I had a feeling that Mattel didn't make too many of these guys. How many years have Rotar and Twistoid been the black sheep of the Vintage line?

Surprise, surprise when they sold out and fans were upset because they missed them...

Comment

Got mine from Matty. I wouldn't buy the Single carded "Reissue" Unless they added a Real Chain to Rotar's Ax thingie. But with that said, I hope they get reissued for the sake of people being able to get them.
                      I ♥ Glimmer!

Comment

It still annoys me how hard it was to get these characters. We were told at the start that subscribers would be able to get all characters in the line, and then Mattel backtracked and started offering SDCC exclusives and Chase figures. And by "Mattel", I mean Scott Neitlich, who lied to the people that bought subscriptions in good faith each year. That was a bad call on his part, and I think that is when the line really started to decline in sales.
                        “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X