Despara

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Despara

Apparently Matty has pics of her... I can't find her on their website, but someone posted them all over on that crappy authoritarian website.
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Nice, she looks good. Now I'm really wishing I had gotten more than 1 collectors choice sub!

Comment

Here they are:

Comment

She looks great, however I still hate those new gappy ankle joints...

Comment

• Y2Greg
          Y2Greg commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree. A terrible engineering idea.

• Crespo
          Crespo commented
          Editing a comment
          Technically those are OLD Ankles... 2009's Teela has them. But yeah, the New team's attempt at those ankles was horrible. (Apparently fixed in Filmation Skeletor)

I have to say I honestly don't notice the ankles that much. Literally the last thing I look at and pretty easy for me to ignore. Especially when they're cast in black, they don't really pop.

Comment

She looks really great.

I would like to see more DC designs but in new packaging and possibly its own separate entity.
          “Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.” ~Bertrand Russell

Comment

Definitely one of the coolest looking figures we've seen in quite some time! I have to say that the ankles don't bother me that much, though, although I would be interested in seeing the swivel/hinge ankles on some figures similar to how Hasbro has been engineering many Marvel Legends and Star Wars black.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
              She looks really great.

I would like to see more DC designs but in new packaging and possibly its own separate entity.
              Packaging is no big deal for me since I open most of mine. If it would cost more to change the packaging just leave it as is. I would however be very open to simplified and reusable packaging like Mythic Legions. That stuff is great.

Comment

• Captain Atkin
                Captain Atkin commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't see a DC line selling well. I think mixing them in from time to time in Classics is probably the way to go. Despara was a good choice. I think Stratos or Roboto would be good for a future release.

• Nemisythe
                Nemisythe commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes agreed. I would love to have a Mendor figure as well as a new Roboto and Stratos (as this would be my post 2nd Ultimate Battlegorund figure; where in my fan fic the Horde grab his body and 'Modify' him into this) If they ever want to push that 52 He-Man and as much as I hate saying this; they should double pack him with Skeletor and Hordak (in his and their alternate versions).

• Andy
                Andy commented
                Editing a comment
                As crazy as it sounds people are going nuts for the lesser detailed Filmation line and how many times did the movie figures get praise mentioned for higher details...the DC variants have a lot of details in there and might warrant the same praise under the talent of the Four Horsemen.

He-Man and Skeletor had many looks (pants/no pants and regular with jaw/super magic powered and jawless) but two 2-packs could knock those out easily. Teela has a few looks and then there's the Sorceress. Add Mossman to Stratos and Roboto.

Horakath and Evil Lyn are different and somewhat popular. Mer-Man has a different look as well.

Super Hordak comes to mind and then there's the DC version of disco Skelly that is going to create chatter.

Careful with her hands. They are reused from Octavia. The swords have a thick shaft and the staff can be easily held by Darius and other figures with the wider NA He-Man hands.
              I ♥ Glimmer!

Comment

I got this email today from Matty:
                Dear Collectors Choice Subscriber,
                Good news, we have received in the inventory and have started shipping out Crita and Despara for July. Not so good news is due to an issue when the orders were released to the warehouse, the sub only figure Despara is not appearing on the shipping confirmation notification that will be sent to you.

Rest assure, it is shipping and will be in the same package you receive your monthly figure Crita in!

We apologize for the inconvenience and wanted to make you aware before the notification hit your mailbox and creates confusion.

Thank you,

MattyCollector Customer Service.

Comment

I just got Despara out of the package, and she is a pretty good looking figure, especially the sculpt and the finish of her heads... But, a) The two swords sit very loosely in both of her hands, which totally sucks and limits also her action poses, and b) I still don't like the look of those new ankles (Which I can live with at this point)...
                  I'll be displaying her with her Horde head no doubt about it.

As for Crita, she looks a lot better in person than her Matty pics, I like her color scheme a lot, but darn it, they've glued her scarf/cape thingy to her arms which limits her poseability quite significantly!...
                  Also the gun that she comes with looks unfinished to me despite the amount of fabrication that went into making it!!! Aaagh, always something I tell you!... The other two accessories/weapons on the other hand look decent for a change and both accommodate and accentuate the figure nicely!

Comment

Would've been so much better if she was a female member of Hordak's specie and not Adora...
                    “A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Originally posted by D.M. View Post
                      Would've been so much better if she was a female member of Hordak's specie and not Adora...
                      You always can pretend that she is, like I am, since I'm not into POP or its canon.

Comment

Originally posted by Mechanizor View Post

You always can pretend that she is, like I am, since I'm not into POP or its canon.
                        I'm making her into Hordak's sister. she is the only comic book figure & her existence contradicts 40 years of POP lore. so there is no way she's adora to me.
                        http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Comment

• Mechanizor
                          Mechanizor commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Huh, I thought of making her his sister too or even his real daughter!...

I somehow like her new comic adaptation, but they've made the story way too dark and dramatic in a sense where they've strayed far away from the line's essence of adventure, which was a bit too iffy for me!

She's just Rule 63 Hordak to me, and therefore stands on the Hordak variants shelf:

Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

Just got my review of Despara up today! Check it out!

Comment

No swivel hips = a shit figure.
                            "The first condition of progress is that there is no censorship"

Happy in his folly, the fool embraces the devil...

IDH Custom toys

Comment

she doesn't even turn at the waist.:twobad:

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Horse View Post
                                No swivel hips = a shit figure.
                                Originally posted by PhantomZodak View Post
                                she doesn't even turn at the waist.:twobad:
                                I don't know what you guys are talking about?!!!... Mine certainly has a waist swivel like most of the female figures.

Comment

• Crespo
                                  Crespo commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  some figures have their waist stuck, as if it was glued on, or dried paint sealed the joint. I had to work mine a little bit to get her to move.

• Mechanizor
                                  Mechanizor commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Oh that explains it,a QC issue! I thought people were talking about a design flop!

My Snout-Spout has the same issue with the ab-crunch articulation, I almost broke him when I got him out of his package, then I decided to leave it alone until one day I get back to him and fix him up...

I received my Despara figures on Friday. I was excited when I first saw this figure in photos, but she has many quality control issues that can't be ignored.

The left hand of each figure I received appears to have been crushed by the tight plastic holding the sword in place. It has been flattened badly, and it can't hold the sword. The neck piece is also a major issue, as on both of the figures I received had the ball joint is bent forward. This gives her the appearance that she is always looking down, and there is no way to pose the figure with her chin up. The female Hordak head was difficult to put on. I had to run it under hot water to get it to pop on. The waist stuck, but putting her in hot water was enough to get it to move. The staff is too big for her to hold properly.

All in all, she looks OK when displayed, but the QC issues are the worst of any figure I have seen released in 2016. I would give this figure a 5/10.
                                “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

• Captain Atkin
                                  Captain Atkin commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  I see she has the same flat hand issue that Entrapta had. Very odd.

here she is, now i'm not sure she's Hodak's sister, maybe his actual daughter or alternate universe hordak, but not adora.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X