Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power-Con 2016 Exclusives: Reviews and Discussion

Hey everyone!

It's been awhile since I've been here but I guess that's because there hasn't much MOTU news to discuss, has there? I just received the MOTUC Power-Con 2016 exclusives in the mail and figured I'd start posting some reviews. I assume there are a few folks deciding whether they want to try and pick these up or not, so hopefully I can offer you a better perspective on what you're getting. I'll be posting the rest of these over the next few days.

And here's Camo Khan as well!

Comment

Thank you for sharing...

Comment

Great pictures, as always
        "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

I'm really liking both these figs as I never did get the originals. I think the red Beast Man looks much more vicious as his eyes and teeth seem to pop quite a bit more in this version.

Comment

Thanks for the reviews, great pics as always!

I still think that Beastman could have came flocked and at least had both gripping hands.
            “Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.” ~Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Barbecue17
              Barbecue17 commented
              Editing a comment
              You are welcome!

Also, I'm digging your avatar! Enzo is just absolutely fantastic. I just reviewed him and Big Cass from the Mattel Battle Packs. I love those two guys, man!

• Andy
              Andy commented
              Editing a comment

I'm going to see wwe smackdown on July 5th, I hope enzo is there. He's what wwe needs right now. His antics are craZy but he's entertaining as all hell.

Thanks for the compliments! Here's my favorite of the Power-Con exclusives... Granamyr!

Comment

Granamyr certainly looks amazing in those pics! I always wanted him Green like in the mini comics, and here I am cannot justify buying him for whatever reasons I can think of!
              Last edited by Mechanizor; 06-23-2016, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Great reviews! Granamyr looks absolutely AMAZING! As much as I hate Val, I'm really glad I got these. Can't wait until mine show up!
                "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

Thank you for these great reviews and as always, great photos.
                  “What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."― Salman Rushdie

Comment

Thanks everyone!

I have to say that, all things considered, these were way easier to get for me than most other convention exclusives. When I think back that I was able to preorder these last year with shipping included, it really wasn't a disaster at all. Plus I did get the 5 art prints which are quite gorgeous. The only criticism I have is the whole "no exchanges, even if your product is defective" thing but zI have yet to hear about anyone having problems. If Power-Con did another set of exclusives, I'd gladly order them again if they were interesting figures.

Comment

I might pick up Green Garanamyr (even though the upper torso has some locking issues) and Red Beastman sealed or loose one day if I find them reasonably priced, but for now I'd rather spend the extra money on my other must-haves.

Thanks again for the great detailed reviews, you make the figures look and sound extra delicious Barbecue, after all, that's your specialty isn't it?

Comment

• Barbecue17
                        Barbecue17 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That's what I do! You know, unless it's a figure I don't like. Then I make it sound stale and rotten!

i think the green is better than the red.

http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Comment

Poor Grany, leave his immobile ass alone you monsters!

Comment

Holy shit. How do people have so much money to make customs like this? Six Lizard Men, six Squeezes... good grief!
                          "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

Well, you can get Lizard-Man and Sssqueze on sale now for about $14 each at the Mattel Shop. Good for customizers.
                            "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Originally posted by Draego-Man View Post
                              Holy shit. How do people have so much money to make customs like this? Six Lizard Men, six Squeezes... good grief!
                              Oh the horror! :trapjaw:

Can't you tell, PhantomZodak clearly took a loan from Val to finance his purchase!!!

Draego, sometimes you're freakin hilarious!

Comment

plus 6 lord masque harnesses & 6 weapons racks. also those aren't lizard man bodies, I just used his tail, so 6 batros bodies.
                                now that you mention it, these are pretty expensive customs.

Originally posted by Mechanizor View Post
                                Poor Grany, leave his immobile ass alone you monsters!
                                it's not my fault he never does any cardio.

Comment

So how much did it cost you to make 1 of these?

Comment

So how much did it cost you to make 1 of these?
                                    plus I forgot the 6 ninjor feet!

let's see: 1 lizardman = 1 ninjor + 1 squeeze + 1 lord masque + 1 weapons rack + 1 lizardman + 1 batros, so let's say at least $120 each!:skeletormes:

Comment

I see that they changed the colors on the figures, after fan outcry over the lack of paint apps. Note the yellow claw and the silver paint apps on the Trap Jaw arm.

The He-Ro armor was changed to the Sir Laser-Lot armor.

They also changed the name of the heroic warrior to "Plasmar", due to copyright issues over the name Hot-Shot with other toy companies.

Overall, an improvement, but I still doubt that I will be buying this 3-pack.
                                      Click image for larger version  Name:	power_con.jpg Views:	1 Size:	276.5 KB ID:	49812

Last edited by RoboSteveo; 03-22-2017, 06:30 PM.
                                      “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

Horroar was also changed to Terroar.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X