Standor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standor

I just got my Standor today. I can't be bothered to open him. So, what's everyone's opinion about the figure?
    “Censorship always defeats it own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion." ― Henry Steele Commager

My opinion is that it's better to keep it sealed in the package.
    The head is a great sculpt and it sports a funny looking helmet, but there isn't much going on with the rest of the sculpt. It's the usual MOTUC body...
    I'll keep it sealed as a funny joke to display, like I did with the Mo-larr two-pack.

Comment

The Mo-Larr packaging is a great diorama, so I'll leave it unopened. Standor- there is no point in leaving him unopened until you are a MOC only collector. He's in my Detolf cabinet standing besides Procrustus and the three cosmic enforcers. It's a great idea to have a god who created the MotU universe. I'm just not sure if it had to be Stan Lee...

Comment

I'm still waiting for my Standor to arrive, but I'm looking forward to getting him. It's my hope that a customizer will make a Lou Scheimer head that I can replace the Stan Lee head with.

Comment

• Novelty
          Novelty commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Kevenn, nice to see you here. I can't wait to see your video of the opening!

I'd rather have a Betty White head for him...

Comment

I really like him after modifications.

Zandor, immortal Enforcer -

"The first condition of progress is that there is no censorship"

Happy in his folly, the fool embraces the devil...

IDH Custom toys

Comment

• Barbecue17
            Barbecue17 commented
            Editing a comment
            That is awesome. He really looks fantastic!

He's the first figure that I skipped on outside my subs! I think he's boring and very ridiculous looking IMO! I might pick him up when he's on sale at one point, and if I do, he'll have a new head!

Comment

It is a very odd fig. I would love for someone to custom a staff for him. The Staff of Excelsior!

Comment

• Nemisythe
              Nemisythe commented
              Editing a comment
              I actually call his armor the 'Excelsior Armor'

He's best displayed inside his mailer box ;-)

Comment

• Nemisythe
              Nemisythe commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh Damn! LOL

If anyone deserves a figure made in their honor, it's Lou Scheimer. And given Marvel's position in relation to He-Man during its heyday (that would be backing Hasbro), it's a double insult.
            Webmaster of The Cartoon Review Website!
            http://www.cartoonreviewsite.com

Comment

• MoViEfReAk
              MoViEfReAk commented
              Editing a comment
              It would have been amazing if they did second heads for the Fighting Foe Men and Sky High that resembled the 4H (of course the shield maiden would have been male then...)

• MegaGearMax
              MegaGearMax commented
              Editing a comment
              Actually, Marvel DID make MOTU comics under it's STAR Comics banner. 13 Issues and the 1987 movie adaption. The final 2 part storyline is the best story of the run, if not ONE OF the best MOTU stories ever written.

• GarrettCRW
              GarrettCRW commented
              Editing a comment
              1986 and 1987 were hardly He-Man's heyday.

I was really perplexed on why they went with Stan Lee. It seems like such an odd choice, especially given that DC is currently producing the MOTU comic. I have to agree that it should've been Lou Scheimer's likeness used for this if they were going to go this route.

That said, I like the armor and such. Just the head kinda kills it for me, even if it is incredibly accurate.

Comment

• MoViEfReAk
              MoViEfReAk commented
              Editing a comment
              I think it is just because Stan Lee and POW gave them the budget to do this figure. AND he prefered to be an action figure and not a Barbie doll or a Hotwheels car- that's why they went with MotUC.

• MegaGearMax
              MegaGearMax commented
              Editing a comment
              Max Steel was unavailable?

To be honest this figure pisses me off, especially the bio, Stan Lee has nothing to do with this universe so making him a god is ridiculous. Just seems like brown nosing on Toyguru's part.

Comment

When he was first revealed, the figure itself didn't really impress me, and the whole "Why Stan Lee?" thing baffled me as well. Great likeness, but I couldn't see him as a warrior. But when they revealed that he's not a warrior, but an Ancient, THAT I could see, and it made the glittery armor more palatable. And having him not as the ultimate creator, but one who 'inspired' the other gods by "fueling their energies with raw creative force" was an OK way to go. I like having another addition to the MOTU pantheon, and he looks great hanging out with the Goddess. Plus he's blue. We can't have enough blue dudes in MOTU.

Originally posted by Kevenn View Post
              I'm still waiting for my Standor to arrive, but I'm looking forward to getting him. It's my hope that a customizer will make a Lou Scheimer head that I can replace the Stan Lee head with.
              Check out Hunter Knight Customs' Lou head: http://i1333.photobucket.com/albums/...ps87a9bdd2.jpg

Comment

i like him. But not so much as he is intended to be Stan Lee.The glassessare too goofy. I bought one from our friendly worker from china that gets out before there supposed to. i like him. i actually put in flipshots unhelmeted head in that one with the standor mask looks good.......

Comment

I'm just not interested in this figure. In my opinion, it's boring, unoriginal, and yet another blue-ish skinned figure. If they made him flesh tone, I'd probably consider it. And it's just another "brown nose" figure (as mentioned above).

Comment

Got mine today. Think he sucks. I like what you did with the Faceless One head though, which I might try out. What weapon is that?
                    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

I have some problems with the figure, but it is of a religious nature. It is my opinion that this and every universe that can exist, only had a singular Creator. Fictional or not, Standor is both idolatrous and blasphemous. I cannot buy one. I think he LOOKS COOL. but it crosses a line for me. As such, I believe the Eternians would probably come to know Some of "the chords" that comprise the music that The Creator's choir sings...One of them would be Zodac's boss, so IN MY CANON...

If I had one I would use a comedy and drama mask. On the front and back head. It would spin like man-E-Faces. I would also paint a white Cosmic Enforce symbol on his chest.

ETERNOS: THE CARETAKER OF CREATION

An eternal incorporeal entity who is a member of the collective known to ZodaC as Overlords of the Eternal Dimension. The Overlords exist to governs that which can exist. Eternos was charged to deliver the will of the council to THE chief Cosmic Enforcer charged with governing this dimensional universe of the same name. Eternos takes great pleasure in knowing the harmony of The Universe named for "him" remains in balance. The only recorded appearance of Eternos in this or any other observable Universe was shortly after the formation of Eternia. [1] Eternos lead a battalion of Overlords to bind the Unnamed One in the center of the newly formed world known as Infinita. In the time before time the Overlords of the Eternal Dimension battled The Primordial Horrors and banished them to the forsaken realm. As this is outside of my ability to obverse, I am unable to verify the claim...

From the Files of
                      Scrollos...

[1] Shortly after the begriming of the Universe the Planet Eternia was formed around the Star Seed. Soon after Eternia was first formed the world was torn in half by it's material inhabitants The Ancient God Beasts.

http://he-man.wikia.com/wiki/The_Price_of_Deceit
                      house of shokoti
                      Shagora
                      http://www.he-man.org/resources/archive.php?id=20

Some of the concepts are going to be recycled in a new project I hope to launch soon...

Originally posted by Dark Horse View Post
                      I really like him after modifications.

Zandor, immortal Enforcer -

I like that. I imagine that is "our" universe that the Planet Eternia is the center of. IMO they would display universes as we display figures...
                      Last edited by Shawn; 01-11-2014, 02:48 PM.
                      Once upon a time, good advice was "be kind Rewind"now nobody remembers the past.

Masters of the universe The LOST TALES (a series of vintage style fan-comics and children's books)

Comment

He is great for other customs. This just makes no sense - regardless what Scooter says. Crackers the Clown makes more sense.
                        “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
                        Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

• Captain Atkin
                          Captain Atkin commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The armor is perfect for custom "Troopers" from the 1987 MOTU movie. I feel like the Four Horsemen may have made him that way on purpose.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind having a Crackers the Clown figure. He is just so wacky... I love wacky.

Comment

ok i've been out of the loop for a while mainly due to avoiding a certain site, but just looking on ebay at the classics and i seen standor. thinking it was a custom i googled the toy and he's real. legit an actual figure even in the canon

ok i have to ask what in the blue hell. i respect the hell stan lee but have i missed something here. all i have to ask is why and what was the fan reaction outrage, mild or worship at the feet of mattel

Comment

Depends on where you look. Most .org reactions were "worship at the feet of Mattel," like every other figure made for the line. A few people who have Standor in hand had nothing spectacular to say about him.

Comment

why doesnt that surprise. i really dont want to be negative about that place anymore its just they dont seem to wanna stop giving me ammo lol

i wonder if anyone suggested swapping the head for the toyguru one in the royal guard set i mean the whole things meant to be the god of the motu and thats what we've been lead to believe he actually is
                              Last edited by deano_ue; 01-13-2014, 07:03 PM.

Comment

I love Stan Lee, he is a fantastic man (I've watched several docs on him) and it would be an honor to shake his hand. Marvel was and still is a huge part of my life. I love Stan Lee.

Personally, I have no use or interest in this figure. Without a head to swap out, to me, its another waste of plastic (I don't care where you say the money comes from Scott, its just another fumble on your part), and I will never drop money on this.

I can however see why people like it, as its an awesome looking armor, deserving of so many other heads.

Comment

I'm actually a big fan of Standor. I think he's a really cool figure. His armor looks great. Also, the gold skull from Castle Grayskull looks really cool on Standor (with the black helmet on), for those who want to display him with a different head. I would like to get my hands on a few more Standor figures so that I make customs of the Movie Troopers this year.
                                  "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

• Vahn
                                    Vahn commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Gold skull from Grayskull on Standor!? Sounds like it would make a new variant: Cosmic Skeletor! Cool idea.

I got a Standor earlier this year. There are certain aspects to him I like. I like the armor and the helmet kinda makes me think of Galactus or another Jack Kirby-esque Marvel character. Say what you will about Stan Lee, he's got my respect for co-creating Spider-Man (of which I'm a HUGE fan), not to mention a number of other Marvel characters. I'm not crazy about the dopey bio, though. Meh, whatever. He was about 12 bucks cheaper than the other figures where I got him, so figured 'what the hell?' and got him. No regrets.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X