No announcement yet.

Ultimate Masters of the Classics figures from Super 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine arrived at my buddy's house in the US on Friday. Teela and Faker. He's too busy to snap pictures but he says they arrived dead mint (and we're both brutal no-mercy about calling something "dead mint") but I'm opening both anyway. Does Teela have 2 of the same arm, as rumored, or is it ok? The pictures above look fine to me...
    “What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."― Salman Rushdie

Comment

Since mine haven't arrived yet I could be wrong, but based statements from people who have received theirs, Teela does come with the BG Evil-Lyn rotating bracers, so that one pic from a German collector was more likely just one bracer was turned the wrong way and many panicked thinking the forearm was put on wrong. There have been people who have said their Teela is fine with correct bracers.

Comment

• Dark Angel
        Dark Angel commented
        Editing a comment
        This is my understanding as well.

• _RZ_
        _RZ_ commented
        Editing a comment
        great news, thanks so much!

mine arrived Friday! I already opened them all. I can take pics tonight
      http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Comment

I got my first order and the figures look great. No derpy eyes, no paint drips, boots look fine, both legs seem the same length.

The packages though...grrr....crumpled. Super7 could seriously use some tips in shipping. One piece of paper protects nothing and there was too much space to slide around.

If my second order looks anything like my first, I'm done collecting.
        “Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.” ~Bertrand Russell

Comment

I think they should just ditch the "extra box" that these figures come in. My MOTU "Terror" and "ReAction" figures did not come in a brown mailer box, and they all arrived fine.
          "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

The Best Ram Man is STILL the Red Version

Comment

• RoboSteveo
              RoboSteveo commented
              Editing a comment
              Red and silver just looks so much better.

Going to have to agree with that, red version is the best.

While it's a bummer they don't look exactly like the originals, it's good for collectors in the long term: dishonest sellers can't pretend Ram Man v2 is the v1. The orange chest vs the red, sometimes those colors are difficult to distinguish via photos, so maybe they went farther with it and killed the metal's shine. The positive of all this is, people will easily be able to tell what version a loose figure is, as time goes on, so you'll be pretty safe in buying a secondary market Ram Man. I think for those who are MOC collectors, they're going to want the originals anyway.

I feel for everyone disappointed in this- today I looked up some MOTUC sales and... woah, I was not aware that some of these figures are that expensive, even loose- but I hope new people realize that MOTUC is not a "budget line" to collect, especially if you're looking for specific colors and looks. It requires pretty deep pockets to start from scratch now, if you're not into these S7 reissues.
            “What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."― Salman Rushdie

Comment

Don't know if you saw this, but you can use a razor and cut the bottom of the Super 7 bubbles and slip out the inner packaging from the cards,
              This guys shows you how at 6:50 on. Would have appreciated that with the Classics line for quick storage and display.
              https://youtu.be/2d8g3dkWX3s
              “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
              Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

• Andy
                Andy commented
                Editing a comment
                Master English has done it with classics for a while now. The tray that holds the figure needs a vertical cut along each side and it becomes easier to maneuver.

• Mechanizor
                Mechanizor commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the packaging tip, it's helpful if I decided to open the figures down the road.

• Crespo
                Crespo commented
                Editing a comment
                thanks for that tip. I don't want to ruin the package much, because it looks so great and I tested the "Acetone method" on a spare MOTUC Sunder and that damaged the back of the card. So my Ultimates are still on card. I wish they had been resealable.

Cool. Glad I didn't open my Teela figure before seeing that video. Although not ideal, such an easy solution that I was too busy to even contemplate.
              These packages were going to be the first MOTUC packaging I was going to keep. Now I can. Thanks Grep!

....I already opened Faker though ​​​​​​, thanks S7 for changing the packaging without informing us first.

Comment

I recieved my second order of all five today. I was a little worried about my teela because her mailer had a dent in it but the card turned out fine. All the other mailers were great but my faker has a small crease and my skeletor has edging issues where they closed the flap and caught it. Nothing at all like my others though. I'm convinced that the factory shipping just slugged them in the boxes and didn't really care too much of what they were doing.

All of them seem flawless in the oaint department and all legs and boots seem ok. Faker is amazing btw. The vintage head, the mini comic sword, and the black instead of silver just makes him glorious imo. I don't mind the grey on ram man but the hands are noticeably painted a different skin tone color.

I should've mentioned earlier the thought of cutting the blister. You can use clear tape with a fold over flap to easily seal or reseal it. Now I want to see someone put silver on rammy, change his hands, and show him in package.
                Last edited by Andy; 08-04-2017, 05:36 PM. Reason: Can't splel
                “Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.” ~Bertrand Russell

Comment

Got mine finally, but not yet open it.

Comment

Here is Pixel-Dan's He-Man video review if you care:

Comment

• Mechanizor
                      Mechanizor commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Aside from the new paint job and the unresealble package with the ugly hole, looks like there are two new concerns after watching the video:
                      1) The anckle joints are loose, yet again!
                      2) The head either doesn't sit flush enough, or the neck is too long!

Here is a great new video from electrifiedporcupine.com:

"Masters of the Universe Classics Ultimate Figures by Super 7 – Thoughts & Comparisons"

"We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Pixel-Dan's Skeletor video review:

Comment

Am I the only one whose Teela's heads are so tight that they won't turn without trying to twist off the neck peg?
                        I ♥ Glimmer!

Comment

• Crespo
                          Crespo commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I had to go with an X-acto on the inside of the heads to widen the hole a little bit just so they could be swapped a bit easier and in the short haired heads allow them to turn without twisting the neck peg.

• Jyrki
                          Jyrki commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Oh....I guess I did right thing not open Teela yet.

• Crespo
                          Crespo commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Aside the too hard heads (and the fragile looking pegs, but I remember She-Ra and other earlier figures having more fragile neck pegs) the figure is solid. I dare say that is slightly better than the original one (who I also had to mess with the pegs to make her head sit a bit lower.)

Pixel-Dan's Teela video review:

Comment

And here is Pixel-Dan's Ram-Man video review:

Comment

I finally opened my figures today, and was very impressed. The only figure who I feel could have been better was Ram-Man, because the silver paint apps we saw on the mock-up would have made this figure really stand out. As is, he looks like... a toy. Teela looks great, and Skeletor with a cape and "ghoul" skull face looks very impressive.
                            “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

Pixel-Dan's Faker video review:

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X