Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Horde Wraith in person, how do you feel about it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horde Wraith in person, how do you feel about it?

I'll be honest, he's OK... a bit lame on his own, but when you get multiples and have an army, that's when his coolness factor increases!
    I ♥ Glimmer!

I like the figure. I just wish the hood was a little smoother at the front of the head. Can't quite figure out why they added that extra piece at the front.
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Atkin View Post
      I like the figure. I just wish the hood was a little smoother at the front of the head. Can't quite figure out why they added that extra piece at the front.
      Because that's how he appeared in the MYP cartoons:

Comment

• Captain Atkin
        Captain Atkin commented
        Editing a comment
        I am talking about how the front piece of the hood looks like it's glued on to the hood. It doesn't look as good as it should.

• Mechanizor
        Mechanizor commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh you mean how it was glued and wasn't totally sculpted?... Well, I agree with you, however it doesn't bother me as much!

Looks like it was an engineering decision, or it was added afterwords for some reason even though the prototype shows it was sculpted from the get go!

I like the figure quite a lot, more so than the popular Shadow Weaver. The only thing I'm not totally found of is his gummy accessory/staff!, it should've been more stiff and solid.

I also wish he came with an additional magical energy/force effect piece/s like the Unnamed One's accessory!

Comment

• Crespo
        Crespo commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup, on the Energy blast thingie!

I think one of the lamest figures in the line is Shadow Weaver....Horde Wraith is a close second

Comment

Other then it needing a paint wash to break up the grey of the body, he's easily my 2nd fav fig of the year.

Comment

• Crespo
          Crespo commented
          Editing a comment
          If possible, could you post pics? Want to see if I'll try something similar to mine.

As has been mentioned before, I wish they had made The Faceless One similar to this. That is one figure I would love to see get a makeover by 4H and Super 7.
        "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

• Black Zodac
          Black Zodac commented
          Editing a comment
          They should also give him a new glow in the dark head. I didn't like the one that came with the figure.

Originally posted by Captain Atkin View Post
        As has been mentioned before, I wish they had made The Faceless One similar to this. That is one figure I would love to see get a makeover by 4H and Super 7.
        So you wanted him dressing and floating/hovering instead of having legs?:

I'd definitely agree, he could use a makeover...

Comment

• Crespo
          Crespo commented
          Editing a comment
          He's only a new lower tunic, if you think about it. The bare forearms we now have from Oo-Larr.
          If it were up to me, I'd give him a Preternian hunan head for the past Faceless One figure and a new Faceless one head (gitd) for his spectral form.

• Black Zodac
          Black Zodac commented
          Editing a comment
          A figure like that would be perfect. Certainly more imposing, and more cartoon accurate.

I think that the glued on piece on the hood looks really stupid. Looks like a bad hairdo to me. Otherwise he would have been great!
        "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

Just got my figure. What a piece of junk. That glued on hood piece is horrible. Floppy weapon. Minimal paint deco. And the bloody stand broke when I was trying to plug it in the very first time!

Garbage. Worst figure of the year. Totally cool character that was entirely botched.

Tuskador in contrast is amazing!
          "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

Originally posted by Draego-Man View Post
            Just got my figure. What a piece of junk. That glued on hood piece is horrible. Floppy weapon. Minimal paint deco. And the bloody stand broke when I was trying to plug it in the very first time!

Garbage. Worst figure of the year. Totally cool character that was entirely botched.
            Even with all the problems you claim he's having, he's still a crown jewel in comparison to your beloved Cy-Chop!

Comment

• Captain Atkin
              Captain Atkin commented
              Editing a comment
              Note: Cy-Chop is awesome!

• Mechanizor
              Mechanizor commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah sure, everything is awesome nowadays, aye Cap?

You might not like the character Cy-Chop, but he was still executed better than Horde Wraith. I really like HW as a character and was excited about him, but now that I have him in hand I think the figure is pure crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Draego-Man View Post
              You might not like the character Cy-Chop, but he was still executed better than Horde Wraith. I really like HW as a character and was excited about him, but now that I have him in hand I think the figure is pure crap.
              You are an enigma to me Draego, if HW is "pure crap" by your standards because of his QC issues, that means almost half of the MOTUC figures are in that "pure crap" category!

Why a lot of what you say is either black or white with you, just wondering?!

Comment

*shrugs* I just think it's crap. It looks like a junky toy, and certainly not worth the $50 I paid for it.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X