New MOTUC Figures from Super7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New MOTUC Figures from Super7

Fangor - The Evil Weapons Master of the Snake Men comes equipped with sword and snake-tools to aid in his construction of the fiendish serpent weaponry for his comrades. Fangor also comes with flying serpent accessory and alternate head.

Quakke - The Evil Mutant from the New Adventures of He-Man comes with his Grabatron Meteormace and two part Meteor.

Hawke - The Heroic Winged Warrior of Avion comes with sword, smoke gun and alternate head.

Lodar - The Evil Master of Slave City comes with his mace and giant chains.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; 01-25-2017, 11:17 PM. Reason: New MOTUC Figures from Super7.

I like what I see here, and Fangor (which i'll be getting two of) is definitely my favorite, and who I totally forgot about!

Quakke is a close second, but I wish his eyes were a little less protruding!... Hawke is nice but too simple, and Lodar looks good enough for what he is I guess.
    Last edited by Mechanizor; 01-25-2017, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Awesome! Fangor looks fantastic, and I'm loving Lodar too.
      I was hoping Quakke would have turned out a little better in the face department (those eyes...), I figured the 4H's majic would have turned him into a real kick-ass figure, but it doesn't look like they deviated enough from the vintage toy's head. Kind of reminds me of my feelings towards MOTUC Clawful's head sculpt way back when he was revealed. Oh well, still going to get him.
      Hawke...... I don't know. She looks like she's supposed to be part of the Club Grayskull reveals. Not enough detail. She skipped her turn going through the Classicizer Machine.... Figures like Fang Man and Strongarm got added detail, even though their origins are from Filmation. Hawke, not so much. I'll need some side by side comparison pics next to Stratos to tell, but my first impressions are, the feathers on Hawke's wings look like they come from a completely different toy line than compared to the level of detail on Stratos' feathers.
      Hopefully you don't have to order the whole wave, because I'd prefer to pass on Hawke since I've got not interest in the Club Garyskull line.

Comment

I'm very happy with this new lineup. A good distribution of figures from different mediums. Hawke is my favourite!
        "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

• Mechanizor
          Mechanizor commented
          Editing a comment
          Interesting that she's your favorite out of the bunch!

Originally posted by Croc-O-Bite! View Post
        Awesome! Fangor looks fantastic, and I'm loving Lodar too.
        I was hoping Quakke would have turned out a little better in the face department (those eyes...), I figured the 4H's majic would have turned him into a real kick-ass figure, but it doesn't look like they deviated enough from the vintage toy's head. Kind of reminds me of my feelings towards MOTUC Clawful's head sculpt way back when he was revealed. Oh well, still going to get him.
        Hawke...... I don't know. She looks like she's supposed to be part of the Club Grayskull reveals. Not enough detail. She skipped her turn going through the Classicizer Machine.... Figures like Fang Man and Strongarm got added detail, even though their origins are from Filmation. Hawke, not so much. I'll need some side by side comparison pics next to Stratos to tell, but my first impressions are, the feathers on Hawke's wings look like they come from a completely different toy line than compared to the level of detail on Stratos' feathers.
        Hopefully you don't have to order the whole wave, because I'd prefer to pass on Hawke since I've got not interest in the Club Garyskull line.
        I agree on pretty much what you said here Croc, Quakke's eyes are a little disappointing, and I hope they fix them a little (like adding lower eyelids or something) before finalizing the figure!...

As for Hawke, I thought at first she's a Filmation version from the way she looks, definitely not classicized enough for my taste, and I still can live with that somehow, however her wings just lackluster and look lazily made!... I've seen a lot more feathers on the Carnaval dancers!

I also hope she gets an update before her release date!

Comment

eh.

The figures themselves are nice but I just don't have any ties or feeling to the characters themselves.

Comment

I'm impressed with how much new tooling is in Quakke. Also like how many accessories comes with Fangor.

Hawke/Delora looks filmationy.

Lodar looks simple but a great use of existing parts.

So glad I don't have to order them all, but I wonder if doing them in waves of four will offset costs.

IE. Quakke took alot of tooling budget and NA doesn't really sell well, so maybe he doesn't get a whole lot of pre-orders but Lodar didn't take much tooling and I'd suspect that his preorder will sell more, possibly making up the costs.
            “Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.” ~Bertrand Russell

Comment

getting Hawke and Lodar for sure....maybe Fangor

I really hope Major Header shows up someday in this line

Comment

I don't like Hawke at all. Never cared for the character and didn't need a figure. All the others are great.

Is this a sub model or can you just buy individual figures?
                "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

Originally posted by Draego-Man View Post
                  Is this a sub model or can you just buy individual figures?
                  I'm only guessing here that it will be a separate pre-order for per figure like the Ultimates!?... Well I hope this is the case so we can order the numbers we wanted without getting stuck with unwanted figures like the old sub model.

Comment

I'm really excited about quake but yeah, they should have made him look more menacing.

yeah they should have given hawke some more details, especially around her waist. it looks like they just painted a blue band there. it should have gotten some kind or ornamentation.

fangor looks great.

I hope lodar's cuffs plug into castle grayskull
                    http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Comment

The Filmation version should have been Delora with an alternate Hawke head. Now it might be awhile before we get 200X Hawke.

Comment

Hawke and Lodar for sure. What's up with Hawke's alternate head? It looks identical to the one on the figure to me.
                        “What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."― Salman Rushdie

Comment

• MegaGearMax
                          MegaGearMax commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It's Delora. It's confusing, but Hawke is strawberry blonde and Delora is the blonde. Filmation had Hawke and Delora using the same character model, but with different hair colors to distinguish them.

• RoboSteveo
                          RoboSteveo commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I plan on buying two Hawke figures, just so that I can display Stratos between Hawke and Delora. Stratos is going to look pimp!

• _RZ_
                          _RZ_ commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks MGM... it's pretty confusing.

Very impressed with the look of these figures!!
                        “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

When will these be on sale?
                          "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

• MegaGearMax
                            MegaGearMax commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I dunno. We still have to get the Ultimates first.

• Draego-Man
                            Draego-Man commented
                            Editing a comment
                            When are the ultimates being shipped?

• Jyrki
                            Jyrki commented
                            Editing a comment
                            "At the moment the ETA is late-April / early-May delivery to Super7's warehouse" based email I got tonight 16.2.2017.

Originally posted by MegaGearMax View Post
                          The Filmation version should have been Delora with an alternate Hawke head. Now it might be awhile before we get 200X Hawke.
                          that's a good point. I'd much rather have the 200x version than this one. now we will never get battleground hawke, because she'll be considered a variant.

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomZodak View Post

that's a good point. I'd much rather have the 200x version than this one. now we will never get battleground hawke, because she'll be considered a variant.
                            We don't know what Super 7's stance is on making variants.

Comment

Got this tonight 16.2.2017 this my email:

MOTU Ultimates Update

Hello MOTU Customers and Fans -

You are receiving this because you pre-ordered the new MOTU Ultimates figures. All of the Ultimates figures are currently in production at our factory. We are working with them to confirm a final ship date. At the moment the ETA is late-April / early-May delivery to Super7's warehouse, which will then result in us shipping them to you.

If you have any issues concerning your Ultimates order please send an e-mail to: [email protected]

We appreciate your patience and know the finished figures will be worth the wait.

Thanks,
                              Team Super7

Comment

so it looks like this is a 4 figure subscription with no day of sale. you can't even add on extras after you buy a full wave. so you have to buy 2 sets of four just to get a hawke & a delora. :twobad:

Comment

so it looks like this is a 4 figure subscription with no day of sale. you can't even add on extras after you buy a full wave. so you have to buy 2 sets of four just to get a hawke & a delora. :twobad:
                                  If this issue remains unrevised without giving a window for customers to buy extra individual figures even after committing to the four figures, Super7 eventually could suffer the consequences.

Comment

there might be some lodars & quakes on ebay, if people buy two sets because of those extra fangor & hawke heads, but who knows.

Comment

there might be some lodars & quakes on ebay, if people buy two sets because of those extra fangor & hawke heads, but who knows.
                                      No doubt, unless S7 changes its policy...

Comment

when are these going to go on sale? I'm ready to pre-order them!

Comment

I have to say I am pleasantly surprised.
                                          “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
                                          Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

• Mechanizor
                                            Mechanizor commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            Pre-ordering these in early May was indeed a surprise!

So anyone place their orders yet?
                                          Looks like the payment plan isn't set up yet for the first day. At least there's some time (a month I think) for that payment plan to available for those interested in using it.

I'm in for the Classics set...... I was tempted to try to obtain a Filmation Tri-Klops, but man, what a jump in price for those. Back in the Matty days Classics were $7 more than the less detailed, less paint apps Filmation figures, but now they're the same price at $35 each a figure no matter the style. That's just too much for the Filmation figures IMHO.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X