Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mechanizor
    replied
    Well, I logged on early and added 4 of the Horde Trooper and 2 of the Hover Robots, and while I was entering my info, the Hover Robots were sold out. I did however managed to grab the Horde Troopers, and I got my email confirmation, and then I went back right away to check if they're still around and I've tried adding one in my cart, and it says: Temporary Out of Stock!

So, I wonder if Mattel will honor my order or not, because their system is very slow and full of bugs! I even tried many times to update my payment address and I couldn't!

Leave a comment:

• Stevan
    replied
    no problem. I am still hoping to get horde troopers or some other figures. I missed on horde troopers so many times.

Leave a comment:

• Mechanizor
    commented on 's reply
    5/1/2017... I made a typo earlier, sorry... However I don't know if it's actually a factual info or not!

• Stevan
    replied
    Originally posted by Mechanizor View Post
    They say it's gonna be on sale at shop.mattel.com probably as soon as Monday 5/31/2017!?

http://shop.mattel.com/shop/en-us/ms...-trooper-dkc03
    May 31st or may 1st? What time hour wise could the sale start if it is tommorow same as day of sale like it used to be at matty or sooner?

Leave a comment:

• Mechanizor
    replied
    They say it's gonna be on sale at shop.mattel.com probably as soon as Monday 5/1/2017!?

http://shop.mattel.com/shop/en-us/ms...-trooper-dkc03
    Last edited by Mechanizor; 05-01-2017, 12:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mechanizor
    commented on 's reply
    I have a feeling that a bunch of those guys were either really pissed off at the community and their bosses and took some of the negative feedback personally, or weren't passionate enough to make things rolling Properly.

• GREP-A-TOR
    replied
    I spent way too much time emailing and calling Mattel about the Horde Troopers back in the day. I even went on LinkedIn and spammed every single employee in CA I could (While taking every jab at Scooter I could).

I started out writing professional letter/emails with real contact information, and could not get a single Mattel rep/employee to respond.

I stated before that I worked in government contracts and did some heavy research into toy production, if you own the molds, there is not an excuse not to make money off a popular product once a run is completed. The fact that this single pack was not "teased" 6 months after the original 2 pack of Troopers actually sold out (Real sold out - not a Digital River sold out) to gauge interest highlights the incompetency, nepotism and failure that was Scooter's and his position at Matty.com.

The fact that each person who sat in his seat after he left could not grasp the demand/popularity Horde Trooper will forever be a puzzle to me.

Leave a comment:

• Lando452
    replied
    if Super 7 releases them single carded they will sell out like hot cakes, its like printing money for Super 7

Leave a comment:

• Captain Atkin
    replied
    If anything, this shows how popular single-carded Horde Troopers are. Hopefully Super7 produces these soon for fans.

Leave a comment:

• PhantomZodak
    replied
    I hope super7 does release these. this should have been the 1st thing they did in order to generate money for new figures.

Leave a comment:

• _RZ_
    replied
    Again, this has all the hallmarks of a test shot(s) that an employee would possibly bring home. There is zero indication this is a custom or was offered for sale. Super 7 have already said they're looking at releasing this. I don't think there's any reason to get upset about this- whoever bought these will have a great truly rare collectible.

Leave a comment:

• PhantomZodak
    commented on 's reply
    they probably expected it to end the way the 2nd one did: at over 200$US

• Mechanizor
    commented on 's reply
    A custom for $60 and $15 shipping. I pretty much doubt it!

• Andy
    commented on 's reply
    I thought custom too but the brown mailer makes it just a bit more dubious

• PhantomZodak
    replied
    i don't know why people are making these elaborate stories to explain this. it's probably a custom, there are plenty of people who customize packaging. it really isn't that hard.

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied
    Rumor has it that these were only sold to employees.

I don't even know what to think but i feel like mattel gave us one last big **** you to the fans.

Leave a comment:

• _RZ_
    replied
    Seems to me like a test for a once possible release that an ex employee is selling themselves.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Atkin
    replied
    Very cool to see this. I hope that these Horde Troopers are sold by Mattel in some fashion, or by Super7, in the near future.

Leave a comment:

• Freemansmindtoys
    replied
    From a run that never made it to distribution I'd wager- we knew it was supposed to be pushed out around the time the Roton magically appeared but then these never showed up so it makes sense really. The account was from 2000 and has 0 feedback so it's likely a backup account and it's based in Cali so I'd wager it's someone from El Segundo trying to gauge the popularity for Mattel before they dive into releasing them en-mass.

Leave a comment:

• Mechanizor
    replied
    What in hell?!!

Leave a comment:

• Black Zodac
    started a topic Single Card Horde Trooper appears on Ebay

Single Card Horde Trooper appears on Ebay

A single carded Horde Trooper has appeared on Ebay today. The seller was from California. Rumor has it that they may be figures being sold at Mattel Outlet stores, but nothing official on that yet. Hopefully there will be some official news on this soon! Here is the original Ebay link.

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600b.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	343.5 KB
ID:	49899

Name:	s-l1600bbbb.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	320.2 KB
ID:	49900

Name:	s-l1600bbb.jpg