Twistoid and Rotar - On Sale Now!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twistoid and Rotar - On Sale Now!!

Twistoid and Rotar are back on sale at Mattel Shop! Get your figures now by clicking HERE! Click image for larger version  Name:	cgp27_07?$oslarge$.jpg Views:	1 Size:	286.0 KB ID:	50105
    http://shop.mattel.com/shop?utm_medi....ZaAJQnGTqmNrQ

"We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

I finally got them!! Thanks for posting
    “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

Is it just me, after you click the shop now page, the link becomes dead!?

I hope the bug is only temporary!

EDIT: The link is up and working now!
      Last edited by Mechanizor; 05-03-2017, 05:32 PM.

Comment

I ordered these and 2 Horde Troopers but they're back ordered so it's a crap shoot if they come through. If they do I'll have completed my vintage upgrade.

Comment

I just added Twistoid and Rotar in my cart and I'll decided later if I wanted to get them again, since I already have them displayed on crowded shelf!

I'm happy for those of you who didn't have the chance to get them in the early Matty days to get ahold of them now without the dealing with the secondary market!

Comment

Something is fishy!

Battle-Ram, Roton and a bunch of sold MOTU items are also backordered until June 15?!.... Can it be real, or just a glitch?

Comment

• darkhawk411
              darkhawk411 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm hoping for real. If it's a glitch that'll mean I missed the Troopers and Twistoid pack.

• Captain Atkin
              Captain Atkin commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm 100% sure it's real. Probably all the stuff left in the warehouses.

I just ordered earlier 1 set of rotar/twistoid and 1 despara. Hopefully everything goes well

Comment

Forgot to mention that I received the shipping email earlier today for my horde trooper order that I placed on may 1 during my second attempt at them.

Comment

got an extra set to customize!
                http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Comment

I ordered 2 sets. I have been waiting forever for these figures.

Comment

• Mechanizor
                    Mechanizor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah, I'm happy to see that you finally got them!

I ordered 1 set of rotar/twistoid (preorder). Never managed to get them before. Also 1 figure of Despara (preorder). My main excitement is about Horde troopers that I have been trying to get for 4 years without success. Now they are on the way and I am excited like a child in a candy store. My horde felt empt without them.

Comment

• Mechanizor
                    Mechanizor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Congrats. Enjoy the added collection. ????

• Stevan
                    Stevan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Mechanizor

I read that mattel put that "backorder until june" to get the crybabies to stop calling them. that's right. the same idiots who are responsible for making mattel drop the line by complaining to the BBB about the hiss torso, started calling mattel customer service to complain about the sale this week. :twobad:

so don't get your hopes up about anything you ordered that is "back ordered"
                  http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Comment

• Captain Atkin
                    Captain Atkin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It would be much easier for Mattel to just take down the links to the toys that sold out, if they were no longer available for "backorder". Don't believe everything you read online.

• PhantomZodak
                    PhantomZodak commented
                    Editing a comment
                    it seems plausible to me. mattel waited over 4 months to put their stock on sale, plenty of time to actually count it. i doubt they had the wrong amounts. considering that losers were calling their customer service line to complain that things were sold out, putting that backorder message is actually easier than taking down the product links.

• darkhawk411
                    darkhawk411 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    While I can definitely see that being a plausible situation, all that really does is kick the can down the road. If or when they cancel the orders, the calls and complaints will be loader then ever. If these fall through I'm not going to be too put out. I have a Trooper 2-pack and only ordered Twistoid and Rotar because I might as well finish the vintage remakes. That really only leaves Despara I'd be bummed about missing and really she's not a huge loss.
                    As for their counts they could be considering pulling back the stock they sent to their outlet stores.

That is NOT what was said at all, LZF. Just as fans have a tendency to overreact, they have a tendency to misconstrue things completely as well.

On page 21 of that 'Single Card Horde Trooper' Thread on the .org, DisneyBoy simply questioned whether the 'Backorder' designation was put up to prevent people from calling Mattel about the status of these. That's it. And yes, while I do agree things went a bit overboard with the Hiss Torso situation, calling those people "idiots" and "losers" is just as bad.

That being said, I do not think all those orders will be fulfilled. Some folks are ordering with caution, and others are probably getting their hopes up.

Comment

I ordered the Twistoid and Rotar 2-pack. I'm hopeful that I get them, but if not, I won't be losing any sleep.
                    “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

Maybe it's to gauge interest in running more. That's being positive. Maybe it was a knee jerk reaction to the popularity of this sale. Either way if my order is cancelled, these were figures I didnt really want that badly to begin with. They're going to do these types of things as long as that warehouse has MOTU lying around...
                      “What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."― Salman Rushdie

Comment

• Captain Atkin
                        Captain Atkin commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I have wondered about that. Money is money. If they made a lot in sales from this backorder, there really is nothing to stop them producing more to satisfy those orders. Super7 has the licence now to make new figures, but there really isn't anything stopping Mattel from making additional figures of a sold out item they were selling. That would probably just be considered a refresh of an out-of-stock item.

• _RZ_
                        _RZ_ commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm 99.9% sure Mattel would put a clause in the S7 deal to allow them to do that. I mean, they passed along MOTUC because they thought it was dead, S7 gets nice buzz, I mean it must make the Matty folks feel bad to see how much warmer fans have been to them.

Doubtful. There is no way that these can be produced within a month's time to meet the 'June 15' backorder designation. Pretty much every retailer puts up a notice of a backorder when an item is temporarily out of stock, and they then go to their supplier for more stock. If there is no more stock to meet the demand, or to fulfill the orders, then they will just cancel orders which I strongly believe will be the case here.

Plus, why would Mattel even bother, they just licensed out the line to Super7, and I'm sure that even though this is their own line it would certainly be stepping on Super7's toes, so to speak. Super7 is using the same factory to produce the figures that Mattel did, so I'm of the opinion that the only "extra" run that will be produced is if Super7 produces an Ultimates Horde Trooper with the Mutant/Retro/Marine heads that came with Sunder.

Comment

• _RZ_
                        _RZ_ commented
                        Editing a comment
                        If they're at the factory already, there totally is time. The eBay listing kind of shows that they are already at the factory. This would also explain some of the delays S7 mentioned. I'm pretty confident they'll fill the orders placed, as long as it's over their minimum profit threshold.

No, there isn't, not for June 15th, anyway. Ocean Freight Carrier times alone take about a month, let alone the time it takes to actually manufacture more of these. There are either more of these in the warehouse, ie. already having been produced at the factory, or there aren't.

EBay listings bear no indication whatsoever of these being at the factory, none. All that shows is assumption that the backorders will be filled, but there is no certainty behind that either.

Comment

• _RZ_
                        _RZ_ commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Of course eBay listing don't prove anything. But it also doesn't mean that something is not going to be made. Sure there is time, as they've shown on other lines more than a few times, to produce more quantities of already in the factory items. We have no idea what is being made and when. I wouldn't assume June 15th orders go out June 15th from Mattel. Either way, no tears if I miss out.

Well my General Sunder shipped without the Despara or Hover Robots from the same order. Last time that happened the back ordered part of the order was cancelled. Looks like the hope might be fading. Oh well it was still worth the try.

Comment

Originally posted by darkhawk411 View Post
                        Well my General Sunder shipped without the Despara or Hover Robots from the same order. Last time that happened the back ordered part of the order was cancelled. Looks like the hope might be fading. Oh well it was still worth the try.
                        Interesting to know...

Oh well, if the June15th backorders don't make it through, I'm fine with it, I need this money anyway!

Comment

So why are you backtracking on your statement now? You're the one who stated that the eBay listings "kind of shows that they are at the factory already"......why anyone would correlate an eBay listing of all things to items manufactured at a factory is beyond me, but I digress. When I pointed out that eBay listings bear no indication whatsoever of these being at the factory, you then go on to say of course the listings don't prove anything, but then go on to say that it doesn't mean it won't made. So, which is it?

The fact of the matter is, as it relates to MOTU Classics, when has Mattel decided to do a second run of a hot selling item instantaneously? Never, the track record speaks for itself. It took over 3 years for them just to manufacture the Troopers again after the super quick sellout of the original Trooper 2-Pack. The demand was always there, after all. Why would they start now, after they licensed the line to Super7? Why would 1 SKU, after almost a decade of having the Classics property under their utmost control, suddenly get them to take notice of the sales numbers? Taking into account that Super7 uses the same factory as Mattel did to produce the figures, a factory that is in the process or are already manufacturing the upcoming Classics and Grayskull lines, limited as resources are I seriously doubt that there would be more Troopers manufactured right now with everything else going on.

Like I said before, I'm sure a small number of backorders will be fulfilled, but I strongly suspect the majority of backorders will not. Taking into account Mattel Shop's history when it comes to backorders (the WWE Rockers figures years ago comes to mind), and ultimately cancelling said backorders, there is precedence for pessimism. Could Mattel do a second run? Sure, anything is possible, but given the logical reasons counter to that argument that were presented without a "just because" line of thinking, I just don't see it happening, I'm afraid.

Comment

• Shecky
                            Shecky commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Whatchu talking about, Willis? I always put logic and rationale in what I have to say . And it's Shecky , but all kidding aside, thanks!

• Mechanizor
                            Mechanizor commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Oops, my apologies Shecky, looks like my automated spellcheck feature didn't like your screen name there! Again, thanks for being a sport. :-)

• _RZ_
                            _RZ_ commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I guess I'll have to use my "right" to respond too. Even a week later, I have to admit, I didn't read your post, because there was no point in reading a long post about someone trying to prove their unfounded assumptions are right. Good luck out there.

June 15th is just a month away. I'm sure we will have an answer by then on these backorders. I wouldn't stress it too much.

Comment

No stress here, I've got mine from the first few minutes of the sale. Just wishing folks wouldn't get their hopes up when the probability exists that bad news will rear its ugly head again for those who didn't get in, and there will be angry rants all over again (as if there weren't enough).

That being said, I'm fairly certain that the probability is high that Super7 will release an Ultimates Horde Trooper down the road .

Comment

Exciting news!! My wife just called me to say I received my Twistoid and Rotar today! :dorko:

I ordered the figures through the "backorder" when they were re-listed on May 3rd. So it looks like a few of these have started shipping out earlier than June 15th. I don't see any charges to my credit card yet, so they must have shipped out within the last 48 hours.
                              “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

• Captain Atkin
                                Captain Atkin commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Good stuff. Still waiting on my figures.

Originally posted by Black Zodac View Post
                              Exciting news!! My wife just called me to say I received my Twistoid and Rotar today! :dorko:

I ordered the figures through the "backorder" when they were re-listed on May 3rd. So it looks like a few of these have started shipping out earlier than June 15th. I don't see any charges to my credit card yet, so they must have shipped out within the last 48 hours.
                              Good to know, and congrats!

Comment

Congrats! Now my hopes are up.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X