No announcement yet.

Twistoid and Rotar - On Sale Now!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The figures are back on sale, and the Horde Troopers that were on backorder are now shipping out. I received my notice for Troopers and Twistoid & Rotar this morning, saying that I would have them within 2 weeks.

Twistoid and Rotar and the Troopers are back on sale for anyone who needs them: http://shop.mattel.com/shop?utm_medi...ZYoXxK7iSDpvPA
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Saw that my credit card has been charged for my Twistoid and Rotar, 2 Horde Troopers, Despara and Hover Bots. That really just leave Wun-Dar and Battle Armor Faker as my missing pieces.

Comment

looks like I was wrong, I also got a shipping notice for backordered items. I was not expecting that.
        http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Comment

• darkhawk411
          darkhawk411 commented
          Editing a comment
          This is definitely a time that I didn't mind being proven wrong, lol.

A guy on the other forums just looked at the production codes on his backordered Rotar/Twistoid sets, and all indications are this was not a new run as I and others have suspected. I know another guy personally who ordered his in mid-May, and he looked at his set as well and it shows the same thing of these being produced in 2014. Also of noye, these appear to be coming from a warehouse in Wisconsin rather than the usual one in California.

So what gives? Last year, Scott was insistent that these sets were "definitely" long gone as the SDCC exclusives usually have a lower production run, and he stated he always pushed for higher runs on the Con exclusives for Classics to account for such orders. In his words, without a Scott to push for a higher production run on the exclusives, he believed that Mattel simply produced the minimum. Just a theory, but Scott left Mattel after the Con that year, correct? It would make sense that his higher quota was pushed through after all if he was still there when these were produced.

Even if he left after, given the disarray the line was going through in the transition to the new team, it makes sense for Mattel to have done the usual quota as they had the numbers from 2009-2013 to gauge how many of these to produce. While I have noted my fair share of constructive criticism to Scott, I guess things really did go down the toilet when he left. It is hard to fathom how Mattel could have lost sight of this excess stock, but happy for those of you who are getting them at long last .

Comment

• darkhawk411
          darkhawk411 commented
          Editing a comment
          1) Anything Scott had to say has to be, unfortunately, viewed as a half-truth at best anymore.
          2) The warehouse in Cali was Difital River's. It's totally possible that inventory was "lost" or not track properly.
          3) There seems to be a lot of excess inventory left from the last 2 years. It seems to coalate to Mattel changing Matty's management and how the cart seemed to be steering the horse.

• Shecky
          Shecky commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, I'm aware of Scott's "half-truths" or in some cases, flat out lies as I called him out on his claim of Nepthu being "demanded" and such. When I showed him proof of the character getting less than 5 votes total overall on the ORG's polls and on Matty's combined, he became really agitated and such. That's not to say I am a Scott "basher" or anything of the like, far from it as he had a big hand in the collection being what it is today .

I also know there was more to the stock issue than initially believed, hence my post about the likely disarray that ensued once he left. "Torso Gate" pretty much showed the big disconnect between his tenure and the subsequent team that followed, a team that pretty much never really got their proverbial feet on the ground.

• darkhawk411
          darkhawk411 commented
          Editing a comment
          Amen, that team got taken out at the knees, by both those who had been totally put out by Scott's tenure and Scott and his sicophants, who were determined to prove that MOTUC was nothing without him.

The Hover Bots are also back on sale!
        "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

All of my back orders have now come in from Mattel Shop! I now have Rotar and Twistoid, 2x Horde Troopers, Despara and Hover Bots. I am a very happy Masters fan right now.

Comment

my cartoon evil-lyn is being shipped. digital river was such a huge mistake.
          http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomZodak View Post
            my cartoon evil-lyn is being shipped. digital river was such a huge mistake.
            I always found my interactions with the Mattel Customer Service and website nothing but polite and professional, buying toys for kids birthdays and my nephews over the past 5 years.

Imagine if they would have replaced Digital River after the first year at MattyCollector?????????
            “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
            Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

• Black Zodac
              Black Zodac commented
              Editing a comment
              They have been great. Loving the free shipping!

• Crespo
              Crespo commented
              Editing a comment
              That would've been great! Perhaps Super7 might not have gotten involved at all if Mattel had bothered to improve things from the get go.

I wouldn't give Mattel's customer service much credit yet, I've tried cancelling a pre-order with them, and it took them weeks before they've responded to my email and claim, in the end, half of the order was already sent/delivered before their response and half of it was cancelled!

They still suck in my book, however I still appreciate their discounts and the free shipping.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X