Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MOTUC and Club Grayskull Pre-Orders (2017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTUC and Club Grayskull Pre-Orders (2017)

The pre-order for the new Masters of the Universe Collector’s Choice and Club Grayskull action figures from Super 7 is ending soon on Friday, June 2nd.

Post here when you have bought your figures!

I just bought both subscriptions, and an extra Hawke, Hordak, and Fang-or.

Click image for larger version  Name:	super7-preorders-ending-soon-677x381.jpg Views:	2 Size:	192.1 KB ID:	50401
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

I bought the Filmation sub. Still on the fence about the Collector's Choice figures.
    “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

not getting either. I like filmation but not really interested in the filmation version. Only clawful. as for the other ones. they don't call to me. I don't have ties to them. never wanted them what I'm looking forward to is vintage style Eldor.

Comment

I bought both subs this morning. Looking forward to getting Lodar after all these years.
        “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

I bought mine a week or so ago. I waited for S7 to get the shipping figured out first, then placed my order for one set of the Collectors Choice figures. Been wanting a Lodar for forever, and that Fangor looks too cool to pass up. Plus Quakke has been one of the few NA characters I've actually been voting for in the polls, so it's time to put my money where my mouth is.....

Comment

i bought a set of each. I hope they turn out ok.
            http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Comment

The pre-order sale was extended. Sale ends today at noon!

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Atkin View Post
                The pre-order sale was extended. Sale ends today at noon!
                why did they do that? did they not reach the minimums?
                http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Comment

• Shecky
                  Shecky commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No, on the contrary, they stated it was due to overwhelming interest. I'd have been more concerned if the window was extended by weeks or so, but indications are things are just fine .

New pictures of figures in package. Figures will begin shipping around Feb 20th.

MOTU CLASSICS ASSORTMENT
                Each figure and their accessories are packaged on a non-resealable blister cardback with an outer cardboard box.

CLUB GRAYSKULL ASSORTMENT
                Each figure and their accessories are packaged in a resealable die cut window box with a slipcase and an outer cardboard box.

Comment

• Black Zodac
                  Black Zodac commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don't like the changes made to Tri-Klops. Who told Super7 they should use that color of green? They should have gone with the dark green we all saw in the cartoons on TV, and not the "original cel" colors. That figure just looks cheap now.

• RoboSteveo
                  RoboSteveo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have to admit... I'm a bit nervous about these figures. I really hope they look good in hand.

I'll be interested to hear why Club Graykull Tri-Klops' color was changed. Did they run out of dark green paint or something? :triklops:

Comment

• Captain Atkin
                  Captain Atkin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They say that that they wanted it to look more like the original Filmation art cels.

The dark green looked better. A shame it was changed.

• Y2Greg
                  Y2Greg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It would have been best if they consulted with customers on this, pass it by first. The coloring is way different than the prototype presented at the shows and for the pre-order.

they really need to stop with these bait and switch shenanigans. just give me the product that I preordered based on the prototypes and pre-solicitations. before making changes to a product, simply put out a quick poll to see if it's something the buyers would be receptive to. between the changes made to the Ultimates and Power-con figures, and now Teela's face/Triklps's armor, I don't have much faith in Super 7 delivering on their promises. sad!! considering their customer base for these is now primarily diehards like myself, we are few, and continued bonehead moves like these on the final products will further reduce their customers

Comment

• Mechanizor
                  Mechanizor commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm with you on Tri-Klops's armor color, it looks a bit too bright for what we're used to, but may I ask what's wrong with Teela's face now, didn't they already fix it?

I was a little disappointed with the Ultimates' choices, especially with Ram-Man's flat coloring job, and I had to cancel my Power-Con exclusives because of the terrible QC issues that were resulted from the factory switch...
                  And probably the first wave of the Collector's Choice figures might be the deal breaker for me if I find any major issues with them upon arrival, but I have to admit that I still have some faith left in S7, at least they're trying harder than before considering their infancy with this articulated action-figure game.

some early pictures from Euro retailers show inconsistent paint apps on Teela's face. some have thick eyebrows and lips, which hides the sculpt

Comment

on the org,some people have already received theirs. they are reporting that TriKlops's head gear doesn't spin. and one guy had Hawke's neck peg break when he tried to swap heads

Comment

Originally posted by slimepit View Post
                    on the org,some people have already received theirs. they are reporting that TriKlops's head gear doesn't spin. and one guy had Hawke's neck peg break when he tried to swap heads
                    That's not good, could they be just isolated cases, or are we dealing here with QC issues similar to the Power-Con exclusives?

Comment

Apparently there’s either some glue or paint slop that’s preventing Tri-Klop’s eyes from spinning straight out of the package. But it does spin. Some heating and elbow grease is required and then it will spin.
                      Appears to be the typical over reaction from someone who got their figures first, assumed the worst and had to post about it first thing before actually trying to deduce what the problem was .....

Based on some reports that read like it comes from a level headed person, it looks like you may want to treat this batch of figures like the Power Con 3 packs when it comes to swapping heads. They may still be made out of a similar too-stiff plastic, rather than the plastic from the old factory that we’re accustomed to...

Comment

• Black Zodac
                        Black Zodac commented
                        Editing a comment
                        At this point I have pretty much given up on Super7. They haven't been able to deliver on their promises. Nothing but excuses from that company. I wish Funko were making these toys.

• teemu81
                        teemu81 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It was an easy fix for me...just use the hair dryer. pull the visor off and put back on.

Originally posted by Croc-O-Bite! View Post
                      Apparently there’s either some glue or paint slop that’s preventing Tri-Klop’s eyes from spinning straight out of the package. But it does spin. Some heating and elbow grease is required and then it will spin.
                      Appears to be the typical over reaction from someone who got their figures first, assumed the worst and had to post about it first thing before actually trying to deduce what the problem was .....

Based on some reports that read like it comes from a level headed person, it looks like you may want to treat this batch of figures like the Power Con 3 packs when it comes to swapping heads. They may still be made out of a similar too-stiff plastic, rather than the plastic from the old factory that we’re accustomed to...
                      From viewing some of the pics and reading a few posts at the other place, looks like these figures don't have the quality plastic once the MOTUC figures had when they were under Mattel's belt!... In other words, more degenerate quality control despite Super7's hard efforts!

As mush as I like to continue collecting the Collector's Choice figures and support the line, I think I'll be passing on the second wave even though I wanted the Karg figure in my collection badly! But what I really wanted is a good quality Karg figure, not just a weak imitation of what was shown by the 4HM!

If Karg and/or other figures I want turn up okay in the end, I might pick them up from the secondary market eventually, but for now looks like the first wave from S7 was my final wave of MOTUC.

Comment

I’m going to wait and see for myself once I’ve got them in hand and compare them to the Power Con figures.
                        Based on early reports, they may not be the same plastic as the Mattel run, but I would hope they’re not as shiny & stiff as the Power Con figures. That would at least give me some hope that there’s incremental improvements occurring.

.....But to be honest (and I’m getting ready to be attacked for being a “blind apologist”), I just don’t think the Power Con figures were so bad that it’s time to for me to abandon ship with this line.
                        Maybe I was extremely lucky and got good figures?
                        Maybe my standards are too low?
                        Maybe some others were unlucky and got crappy figures?
                        Maybe some people are looking for flaws no matter what?When it comes to a certain fringe element of this fandom, it’s hard to tell how to answer those questions, and what, if any, agenda is behind the person making each statement.
                        They just need to show some improvements to get back to where the figures were most of the time before the factory switch and I think it’ll be ok, as I don’t think they’re that far away.
                        Fang-or looks great. Is the fact that I’ll probably have to heat the neck/head area to swap heads really so terrible that it’s time to throw in the towel? To be fair, I had a Bubble Power She-Ra neck peg break while trying to swap heads, so I guess I should have acted like some of those people at that other site and crap all over everything Mattel made since....

Thanks for letting me rant, that other site just makes me sick. I could never post this over there without someone replying about it’s their god given right to attack and insult because something is off about an action figure they are looking forward to.
                        I just wish there was more conversation occurring here on a more regular basis again, as it’s felt like a ghost town around here for a while....

Comment

• Mechanizor
                          Mechanizor commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Honestly, I think everyone has a certain tolerance, standards and minimum expectations from the products that they pay for, and that's perfectly fine. No one at fault here, if people like what they're getting, that's their call, and good for them... Just like the Last Jedi movie, some loved it, some liked it and some hated it, and I fall in the last category even though I think it's beautiful visually.

I'd definitely will make my last judgment call once I receive the first wave of figures in hand, and see if it's worth the risk to order the second wave or not, but I think I probably could use the money for something else since these figures aren't on the top of my wanted list. I'd rather get, giants, vehicles, beasts, playsets with some good quality to them. Other companies are succeeding in doing that without cutting corners!

As for this forum feels like a ghost town, I agree. I think people either losing interest in the property, or don't have anything to add up besides praising or complaining!

Here is a comparison picture of Evil-Lyn from Mattel, with Teela and Hawke from Super7.

Evil-Lyn is taller, and the legs are placed properly on the figure.

Click image for larger version

Name:	comparison time.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	51575
                        “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

That looks pretty ugly. I will miss the waist swivel.

Comment

• teemu81
                            teemu81 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            she has a waist swivel

So I got my Classics and Grayskull figs today. It’s a total mixed bag as to how I feel. It’s great getting new figs in after a long time. Even better to be opening up new MOTU (I’ve got the classics but I haven’t brought myself to open them as the carded look is so good with them). Lodar and Quake are great solid figures. I love Quake’s mace and Lodar’s chains ( thinking of using them on He-Man next time Skeletor captures Grayskull). Fang-or’s tools shaped like snakes is a great touch and the head swaps nicely. Downside is he has a loose ab-crunch and the long fanged head is loose. Hawke breaks my heart as I really wanted her. Head swapping is a nightmare and I don’t know why she has a rubber torso. I only opened Hordak and he’s great even if the arm is hard to swap.
                          Last major complaint I have is the accessories (extra heads, Quake’s Meteor, Lodar’s chains and Fang-or’s Pet all being packed loose in the package. We pay way to much for that sloppiness. Really going to think hard about continuing on from here.

Comment

• Mechanizor
                            Mechanizor commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks for the post, and may I ask, how's the plastic on Fang-Or, I saw his arms and legs were a bit too shiny from the pics that were posted, is the plastic brittle or gummier than what we used to?

• darkhawk411
                            darkhawk411 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            The plastic for the figures seem close too if not exactly the same and they nice and solid. The loincloth and armor is a bit gummier. The weapons seem solid. My biggest compliant is Hawke’s rubbery torso which I’m sure is why head swapping might pull the neck peg out.

• Mechanizor
                            Mechanizor commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks, I appreciate the response.

Probably I have to keep Hawke sealed for now, since I may end up selling her in the long run...

So finally I got my first wave of the Collector's Choice figures, and I was relatively happy with how Fang-Or and Quakke turned out, even though the ab-crunch articulation on Fang-Or is loose, but overall, the rest of the joints are tight and the plastic feels solid and the details on both of the figures are great.

As for Lodar, the plastic feels significantly cheaper and a little brittle, and his ab-crunch and neck are also loose, and lacks the shading you'd expect on relatively plain figure like him. Something else I've noticed that he's a little taller than your average MOTUC figure, which is a little weird!... In general he looks good, but not great!... Hawke on the other hand, I didn't even bother to take her out of the box, because she's a little disappointing from what I've seen online, and I might end up selling her one day!

I don't know guys, I have a mixed feeling now about ordering the second wave from S7, on one hand I like the selection they're offering even though I don't feel they're must have figures, maybe Karg is the exception here, on the other hand it feels like thus far a little of a hit and miss choice!... I might just end-up getting Karg from the secondary market and pass on the others.

Comment

The figures are not as bad as some are making them out to be. Mattel had tons on QC problems too don't forget. After the first wave,I am buying ALL Filmation stuff for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by teemu81 View Post
                              The figures are not as bad as some are making them out to be. Mattel had tons on QC problems too don't forget. After the first wave,I am buying ALL Filmation stuff for sure.
                              Remember also that a lot of people stopped collecting a while back because of those QC issues when Mattel was around, not to mention the bad customer service they've been running for years!

Nowadays, aside from the main characters in Filmation, people are also dealing with "D" list characters in the Collector's Choice segment, and they have to buy all figures of each wave from S7 first before getting extra copies from the other characters, and they cost more than the previous years, so yeah, people will definitely keep complaining if things are heading that way with some bad design choices and the crappy plastic quality in some instances, not to mention the long wait...

Comment

• teemu81
                                teemu81 commented
                                Editing a comment
                                The plastic doesn't seem "crappy" to me and they look fine next to my other filmation figures. I want the paint apps to be better and them to continue to improve,but I don't see what some are whining about. As far as the price,they are over-priced and yet so is everything else. Toys are a rip-off these days,but if you want them,it's either pay or don't.

• Mechanizor
                                Mechanizor commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I don't know about the Filmation figures because I don't collect them, but the plastic on my Lodar is subpar and feels a little brittle... If you're happy with what you're getting, that's perfectly fine, but others don't feel that they're getting what they've expecting, and they have the right to complain. After all, things are subjective from one person to another.

BTW, not all Toys are rip-offs when it comes to quality at least, other companies are still delivering the goods...

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X