Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super7 Supercast. Episode 4

Well here it is:

The fact that he has in hand samples in this video is going to kill Super 7. That means that the issues with these were known and they choose not to say anything. I don't know how much this will hurt them, since this line is backed by a lot of die hard fans, but it will definitely make me reconsider ordering again. (Unless they announce the Mask of Power Demons, those are my last big wants.)

Comment

Most toy makers get their samples shipped to them before their orders. S7's silence was probably a business decision!

Comment

Oh I'm aware of both of those points. I just think they made a bad decision to not reveal the packaging decision themselves. There are a lot of vocal fans talking about bait and switch and comparing Super 7 to Matty. This is one of those occasions where they needed to be way out in front with this message. I'm not a MOC collector but I was looking forward to swapping figs around to display them on card (kind of a homage to the toy lines I grew up with along with the Star Wars 40th figs). The packaging was also a major part of their last minute sales push, so truthfully the allegation has a lot of merit.
        Betting on MOTU fan's want of new figs vs them being over the headaches associated with Classics might not work in Super 7's favor and that's really a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by darkhawk411 View Post
          Oh I'm aware of both of those points. I just think they made a bad decision to not reveal the packaging decision themselves. There are a lot of vocal fans talking about bait and switch and comparing Super 7 to Matty. This is one of those occasions where they needed to be way out in front with this message. I'm not a MOC collector but I was looking forward to swapping figs around to display them on card (kind of a homage to the toy lines I grew up with along with the Star Wars 40th figs). The packaging was also a major part of their last minute sales push, so truthfully the allegation has a lot of merit.
          Betting on MOTU fan's want of new figs vs them being over the headaches associated with Classics might not work in Super 7's favor and that's really a shame.
          I "think" S7 is aware of your argument, and probably they already know how a lot of the collectors who took the bait feel right now, but I think they (S7) took the chance and decided not to say anything that could fire back against their wishes, especially when SDCC is around the corner!
          Probably they're betting on people's forgiveness when they get excited with the new reveals/prototypes soon, knowingly such a formula has worked in Mattel's favor in the past... I myself can somehow live with the terrible decision they made on the blister cards, but cutting corners with the figures like the awful flat paint-job on Ram-Man is unforgettable in my book!

Comment

I got an email from S7 explaining the packaging change, that's how I found out about it. they say it was either wait another month, or do this. I would have been cool with waiting another month, but I figure a lot of other people were impatient... I'm not sure why this is not acceptable as a clear explanation, did something else happen? It is possible the cards could be fixed for round 2, or is this just fan speculation?

I can also understand why Ram Man and the others are painted that way, to keep them distinctly different from the originals. People would of course try to flip them as the expensive originals! I'm also keeping in mind these are the 1st ones they're doing and they generally improve their stuff when they can. But now I look at it more and it's not looking so hot as MOC. the flat ram man looks bad though, that hang tag and the art on the back is bad too... I'm a loose collector but I feel for the MOC guys. If I was MOC I'd want the original ones and skip these entirely. but I won't be critical until it's actually in my hands, to see for myself.

“What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."― Salman Rushdie

Comment

none of these things bother me. the dull paint, the hole in the card/artwork, the non-re-sealable-ness.

what does bother me is that customers are cancelling theirs orders. customers are seriously upset about these things. super7 should have known that after the hiss torso, many customers are ready to throw in the towel & super7 should have dealt with this better. They better have new motuc to show at sdcc to distract people or they are just going to lose money.
              http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X