Super7 - Masters of the Universe Display at Power-Con

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super7 - Masters of the Universe Display at Power-Con

Take a look at these cool pictures from ‘Power-Con’ of the upcoming Masters of the Universe Classics and Club Grayskull figures from Super7. MOTUC figures on display include Karg (based on his design from the 1987 magazine comic), Wrap Trap (based on the Horde “Mummy” concept), Filmation Sorceress, Tung Lashor, Dylamug, Granita, Man-E-Faces and Mer-Man, and MOTU ReAction (Wave 3) figures. Also on display were Filmation inspired 5.75″ action figures of He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Hordak,and new “vintage-style” figures of He-Ro and Eldor!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0967.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	51076

Name:	IMG_0968.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	51077

Name:	IMG_0368.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	51078

Name:	IMG_0371.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	51079

Name:	IMG_0972.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	51080

"We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Dylamug

Name:	IMG_0973.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	51082

Karg (Masters of the Universe 1987 movie)

Name:	IMG_0998.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	51083

Wrap Trap

Name:	IMG_0990.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	51084

Mer-Man

Name:	IMG_0991.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	51085

Comment

Heroes and villains....

Name:	IMG_0374.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	51087

Name:	IMG_0974.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	51089

Name:	IMG_0978.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	51088

Name:	IMG_0975.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	51090

Comment

Nice pics.

Twice now.... first at SDCC and now at Power Con, Karg has no hook hand. Has it been explained yet why that is? Did his hook break off in transportation? Is that kind of hook-ish device (looks more like something that should come with Mo-Larr) on the ground beside the gun going to attach to Karg's wrist? What's the deal?

Comment

the vintage style Eldor and He-Ro is what I'm waiting for. And they are looking good.

Comment

Can't wait to buy them

Comment

Something not totally right about the Filmation torso's in this new batch of figures it seems, are they thinner than the Classics' now, or is it the angles of the photo shots?... Also Teela's new head looks awful, at least from the other pics the I've seen online!

Dylamug and Granita look fine to me, but I wish they were Classicized and not just Filmation plain!...

Wrap Trap and Karg look the best thus far IMO, at least in their details.

Comment

Originally posted by Mechanizor View Post
                Also Teela's new head looks awful, at least from the other pics the I've seen online!
                The Teela heads looks good in the right lighting. The figures were inside a display case that had florescent lights inside of it. When people took pictures with their camera flash on, it caused an unnatural shine on the plastic. In pictures without the flash on (see below), she looks just fine.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0377.jpg Views:	1 Size:	67.8 KB ID:	51101

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Atkin View Post

The Teela heads looks good in the right lighting. The figures were inside a display case that had florescent lights inside of it. When people took pictures with their camera flash on, it caused an unnatural shine on the plastic. In pictures without the flash on (see below), she looks just fine.
                  Personally I am just happy that a company picked up the line and is continuing the figures. Wishing for Snake Mountain and Fright Zone to come out.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Atkin View Post

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0377.jpg Views:	1 Size:	67.8 KB ID:	51101
                    Still her lips are a little off to me, but from this picture I think you are right, she looks better than I previously thought!

Click image for larger version  Name:	filmationteela.jpg Views:	1 Size:	153.7 KB ID:	51106
                    Last edited by Mechanizor; 09-11-2017, 09:41 PM.

Comment

they need to give dylamug a an extra faceplate that isn't so cartoony. how is granite going to turn into a rock? she has the awful female legs with less articulation. I feel like sorceress is going to be another fail. they still haven't shown her with her arms at her sides.
                      http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Comment

on the other site, there are 2 threads (the Bryan Flynn and the Powercon threads), where people are reporting massive QC issues on the power con exclusive figures. he we go again

Comment

• Captain Atkin
                          Captain Atkin commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That is not good. I got nervous when I saw all the black plastic being used.

Originally posted by slimepit View Post
                        on the other site, there are 2 threads (the Bryan Flynn and the Powercon threads), where people are reporting massive QC issues on the power con exclusive figures. he we go again
                        Are you talking about the two Classics 3 pack sets, even those are f****d up?!!!

Comment

• slimepit
                          slimepit commented
                          Editing a comment
                          yeah, people are posting that on both 3 pack sets, they are made with brittle plastic, causing breakages when removing/changing heads. paint apps are horrible with plastic underneath being visible through the paint

• Mechanizor
                          Mechanizor commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks Slimepit, I've read some of the complaints, and now I'm very very concerned!... Probably I'm gonna end up cancelling my BBTS Pre-Orders if I read more QC cases soon!

I'd rather spend that kind of money on my other major hobby.

I just cancelled my Power-Con pre-prders simply because I don't wanna take a chance on botched figures anymore especially with those high prices!

I hope the QC is a lot better on the upcoming Collector's Choice figures, otherwise I'm done collecting this line!... Vehicles, creatures, giants and Playsets would be my only exception that I'm willing to take a risk for simply because they're badly needed in this line.

Comment

some dude posted pictures of his mini-comic trap jaw with a snapped neck peg. that really sucks. those things were super-expensive.
                          http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomZodak View Post
                            some dude posted pictures of his mini-comic trap jaw with a snapped neck peg. that really sucks. those things were super-expensive.
                            Great...I hope that not all of them are like that. For those that have the 1st 5 Ultimate Figures from Super7 how are those on the Quality level?

Comment

• Captain Atkin
                              Captain Atkin commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Quality level is good on the Ultimate figures. They were made by a different factory than the Power-Con figures.

Someone posted this at the other place in regards to the PC exclusives and their issues, according to this person almost everything is okay and not a big deal!!!

Just got done opening the two 2-packs. Overall I'm pretty happy with them. First off, Trap Jaw is fantastic: great paint, head sculpt, he's an A.

The next great thing is the forward ankle pin for ankle pivot! S7 has brought these up-to-date with ML style ankle pivots and I couldn't be happier about that. Now I need a He-Man with these ankles.

Joints are tight across the board and there is the addition of the ratchet. The Stratos and Plasmar head seem a tad tight and difficult to remove. I haven't tried forcing them off, but I may try with some heat.

I really like Adam and the sword sheath is a great addition. Good paint, plastic is a different than the Ultimates, but ok. It's a bit shiny, but I can live with it.

The soft wings on Stratos aren't ideal, but not too bad. Maybe they had to share a tool with the loin cloth, who knows.

I'm impressed with the new tooling for these, great to see the effort put in there!

The second pack is pretty nice, but a few more issues than the mini comic pack.

I had one QC issue: Plasmar had a reversed left forearm. I was able to heat, pop, and flip that around so no biggie...it happens. He's got a few soft paint lines, but good overall.

Lord Gr'asp is looking good, no issues with him. I thought I read someone had a sticky cape, I don't have that on mine. I like the black patterns on the claw, a nice addition to this weirdo.

Terroar is ok, the neck plastic is pretty stiff, so I needed to heat to get it on. I think I'll keep the long neck because it just adds to the ridiculous design.

I get the complaints about the wide crotch piece. It's not a deal breaker, but the thinner version would be preferable.

So, they're pretty good in my opinion and I'd guess some of the issues are the factory's inexperience with these new figures. I'm assuming they had to be turned out quickly and that limited the amount of tweaking that could take place, and I think with a few adjustments, we'll be in good shape.

Thanks to everyone involved in getting these produced
                            Okay... I think I went overboard and rushed into cancelling my order from BBTS simply because: Everything is awesome!

Comment

It's hard to say man, there's so many in this fan base that have insane, instant knee jerk reactions to QC issues, real or perceived, that I've come to treat most first responses as "the boy who cried wolf".....
                              For instance, look at that Xuethes blow-hard. The fool doesn't even have the figures in hand, or attended Power Con and yet he continually states with absolute certainty that Hordak has transparent hands and limbs (wtf? Yeah, the plastic is disappointedly shiny but no one can say with 100% certainty that there's any transparent plastic in those Fwoosh pics on Filmation Hordak).
                              Clearly something's up with the QC standards.... I'm troubled by the number of pics so far with shiny plastic. But without more reviews, can we safely conclude this is cheaper plastic, or is this the downside of not having painted faces and using flesh coloured plastic instead?
                              I'd rather wait until some people here have the figures in hand to better gauge the quality of the figures..... That other site is tainted by people who hate absolutely everything, people who were clearly Neitlickers who have bashed everything S7 has done (even before they've done it), and then the ones who love everything, even if it was poop inside a clamshell.

At least with you going with BBTS, you can always order them again through them if this is yet another instance of hyperbole......or you've saved yourself a great deal of aggravation.

Me on the other hand, I bought straight from Power-Con as it was the cheaper option to Canada. I'm stuck with crap figures (hey I'm not a S7 apologist, these aren't perfect figures based on initial reports, it's the level of crappyness I'm questioning at this point). At least I know in advance that any head swapping needs to be done with heat.

Comment

Originally posted by Croc-O-Bite! View Post
                                It's hard to say man, there's so many in this fan base that have insane, instant knee jerk reactions to QC issues, real or perceived, that I've come to treat most first responses as "the boy who cried wolf".....
                                For instance, look at that Xuethes blow-hard. The fool doesn't even have the figures in hand, or attended Power Con and yet he continually states with absolute certainty that Hordak has transparent hands and limbs (wtf? Yeah, the plastic is disappointedly shiny but no one can say with 100% certainty that there's any transparent plastic in those Fwoosh pics on Filmation Hordak).
                                Clearly something's up with the QC standards.... I'm troubled by the number of pics so far with shiny plastic. But without more reviews, can we safely conclude this is cheaper plastic, or is this the downside of not having painted faces and using flesh coloured plastic instead?
                                I'd rather wait until some people here have the figures in hand to better gauge the quality of the figures..... That other site is tainted by people who hate absolutely everything, people who were clearly Neitlickers who have bashed everything S7 has done (even before they've done it), and then the ones who love everything, even if it was poop inside a clamshell.

At least with you going with BBTS, you can always order them again through them if this is yet another instance of hyperbole......or you've saved yourself a great deal of aggravation.

Me on the other hand, I bought straight from Power-Con as it was the cheaper option to Canada. I'm stuck with crap figures (hey I'm not a S7 apologist, these aren't perfect figures based on initial reports, it's the level of crappyness I'm questioning at this point). At least I know in advance that any head swapping needs to be done with heat.
                                Thanks for sharing your thought Croc, I was just being sarcastic up there.

I think the guy who wrote that post is an apologist, and I wanted to show you guys the other part of the equation where he admittedly mentions some of the hiccups that were posted by the other members, yet he whitewashes them as almost insignificant!

I'm sad that the QC on these figures aren't up to standard, I really wanted them in my collection, specifically the mini-comic figures, but I didn't wanna take chances on my batch anymore! And I don't regret cancelling my pre-orders at this time!... If more positive video reviews start showing up on these figures, I might end up getting them discounted or loose at one point. But for now, I'm comfortable with my decision by not getting them!

Comment

BTW, here is more info from Power-Con Event Director, Val Staples:
                                  The Non-Attendee order is still on the boat. These should be going out within 8 weeks after Power-Con; hopefully earlier if they come in through customs quicker!
                                  And quickly on the figures, I haven't had time to read the whole thread, but to address a couple of things quickly,

For Stratos minicomic backpack, I don't want to spoil the surprise. But let's say you got one minicomic belt/necklace combo with the Power-Con release that you see in the minicomics. And maybe you'll see the Mark Taylor necklace/backpack/belt variation he made somewhere else?

There were also a few things off with the figures in terms of the plastic durometer. For example, the head plastic is too hard so you can't remove the heads without heating them up with a hair dryer. That was a complete accident as the factory doesn't know the ins and outs yet of what fans do with the figures. You can still remove the heads, you just need to warm them up.

In a way, I'm glad this happened with the Power-Con exclusives. I know the Four Horsemen and Super7 will do detailed comparison on the exclusives to Mattel releases, and also do their best to address all the notes on the first run masters we saw in the display case so the regular releases will be improved.

This sort of thing is to be expected when switching from one factory to another. It's growing pains.
                                  They'll never be exactly the same as what Mattel produced, but they'll continue to dial them in to get them as close as possible.

Still, definitely write Super7 and let them know about tweaks you'd like to see to match what came on the previous Mattel releases. The more people they have asking for them, the more they'll be sure to include them.
                                  Last edited by Mechanizor; 09-14-2017, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mechanizor View Post
                                    Something not totally right about the Filmation torso's in this new batch of figures it seems, are they thinner than the Classics' now, or is it the angles of the photo shots?... Also Teela's new head looks awful, at least from the other pics the I've seen online!

Dylamug and Granita look fine to me, but I wish they were Classicized and not just Filmation plain!...

Wrap Trap and Karg look the best thus far IMO, at least in their details.
                                    Dylamug is a must for me. I used to be excited for a Granita and Wrap Trap - but I don't know if it's father time or all my past collecting experiences with the MOTUC line - but they are a pass from me as well.

“Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
                                    Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

Of all the reveals, Karg is still my favorite. The detailing is very impressive. I hope that this can lead to other movie characters being made, as they also appeared in the Star Comics (the Troopers, movie Beast Man, Lubic, Skeletor, etc).

Comment

• Andy
                                        Andy commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        BTW, thanks for that!

If you hadn't pointed it out, it may not have been discovered.

Sorry, I don't have a lifetime achievement award to give you but thanks anyways.

• Captain Atkin
                                        Captain Atkin commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Haha... yeah, I'm glad that thread I started back at the Org about Karg got noticed by the right people. It always seemed a logical loophole to me for them to make the figure, and Super7 agreed. I'm hopeful they do the same with the Star Comics now.

• Mechanizor
                                        Mechanizor commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        I just wonder who brought that Karg thread back, any idea?

So QC issues on an expensive set and the people making excuses for it don't even own the figures? After the guy who selling them, who just gave himself an award, blows it off? No surprise as it sounds like typical Power Con crowd stuff to me.
                                      “What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."― Salman Rushdie

Comment

• Andy
                                        Andy commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        At least we can conversate on the whole award topic without any shenanigans or editing at play.

Is this going to become an anual thing?

Next years award should go to whomever updates that website...or if it doesn't get an upgrade....maybe james eatock or someone deserving who doesn't get the recognition.

• Croc-O-Bite!
                                        Croc-O-Bite! commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Vahn: Thanks for clearing the air regarding where the award originated from.

• _RZ_
                                        _RZ_ commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        I'm glad you felt that strongly to give him an award for all he's done for your clique of friends. I think if there's one guy involved in MOTU NOT to celebrate, it's him, so there's a certain irony there. I do salute you for celebrating the people who have done you right. It's just pretty tacky to get awards given to you, at an event you're in charge of- especially by the paying audience of the event... This type of smokescreening about the drama he's actually causing (no returns on the QC issue) by focusing on nitpicking details (who gave him the award) is the type of behavior that without a doubt caused the problems this community has. There's no reason the faulty figures shouldn't be returnable.

Karg looks really cool, and I hope they also make a vintage version of Karg for the 5" inch line, as I would like to display the character with my vintage 80s figures as well.
                                      “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X