General Question for the Collectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Question for the Collectors

I have been looking into having some of the figures & sets graded by AFA. Has anyone had any experience with them?

From what I've heard, they're not very credible and inconsistent with their gradings... I don't have any experience with them nor I would submit anything to them personally. Just search/google them around and see what people have say about them.

Comment

Thank you Mechanizor. Will continue to look and figureout best ways for safe keeping & displaying without opening them.

Comment

Originally posted by DRGNUSMC View Post
        I have been looking into having some of the figures & sets graded by AFA. Has anyone had any experience with them?
        What exactly would you like to know? I have had numerous toylines graded from them. I stopped around 4 years ago due to the price inflation for grading, shipping and casing though. They're a business, and they can price their services as they please - but I feel it's climbed too high over the years.

Early "grade" inflation was also rampant, I do believe that they have trended towards under-grading the past 2 years as a reaction to the criticisms.

There are enough vendors out their making acrylic cases that I would just stick with those. If you have an opportunity to personally hand them to AFA to cut down on the shipping costs - they will also give you a ballpark grade and opinion of the items, go that route.

If you were to engage in some international business, the grading could be valuable in any insurance claims - so they do provide a unique service in that regards. Otherwise, get some cases yourself that aren't glued shut and don't cost an arm and a leg for a sticker that tells you a Grade.
        “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
        Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X