Should the line end with 2014?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the line end with 2014?

So ive been thinking and looking at my display. Aside from a couple of figures, I wouldn't be too upset of 2014 was the end of the line. Plus id be able to save some money. What are your opinions.

I could learn to live with it ending this year, and I almost hope that it does.
    Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

Not without getting my Blast Attack ;-)

Seriously though, I wouldn't want to see it end without getting the entire vintage MOTU and POP line. I think the folks that are going to be out of luck the most are NA fans.

Comment

I think that most fans would like the MOTUC line to continue so that they can complete their vintage collections. As well, many POP fans and NA fans would like to see their collections continue to grow. Plenty of cool figures still left to be made. So long as there is fan damand, I see no reason for the line to stop.
        “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

End of 2015 and I'm out. I still want some Vintage, POP and NA figures that won't show until 2015.
          "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

They should at least get all the vintage figures out, Snake Mountain, maybe two more key vehicles, and a few more concept/mini comics/filmation/whatever characters.
            Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Robzilla
              Robzilla commented
              Editing a comment
              Sadly, I think we won't see any other playsets or vehicles. I'm worried I won't see the two beasts I want, which are Monstroid and Mantisaur.

My collection says, no, it needs to be completed somehow considering the vintage and some of the important 200X figures at least.
            But my wallet and my rational thinking say yes, the more this goes on, the more lies and drama we have to endure through out the process! I'd rather focus on my other toy interests and my other hobbies stress free...

Comment

I am not subbing again in 2015 due to the coming price increase and knowing once again DR will raise shipping....it's $10.29 now....next year I can see it going to $11, and screw that. And that combined with what....$28 / $30 sub/DOS? Hell no, not for an every month purchase.... I love these things, but not that much. Once I get Dragstor I can call it a day though.

But I don't think it should end, no, but with prices, I don't see it lasting past 2015, and that is assuming once prices are announced we even get 2015, and shipping won't be known until you go to sign up for the sub on Matty, and actually put it in your cart. There are many figures I still would like to have, but I don't have to have them. But I am sure many would still want a small line if nothing else.

Comment

I don't think the line should end in 2014! It should keep going! Maybe with the Vintage Purists satisfied and the whole Vintage anxiety thing done away with, maybe the part of the fandom who likes everything can finally relax and enjoy figures without stressing over "________ keeps __________ from coming out!"

After all the original toyline characters come out, the line feature 2.0 characters and variants as an additional subscription. This would be for fans who started collecting Classics late and want those hard to get older figures. It would also give us fixed versions of screwed up characters. And of course, some figures were made six years ago. The 4H and Mattel should be able to beat their old work. We could get improved older characters--Teela, Sorceress, He-Man, etc. or variants so fans can get their favorite versions of certain characters--200X Sy-Klone, Filmation Teela, etc.

We would have the main sub which would venture into hardcore fan territory with it's extremely obscure characters. Bringing back the old characters keeps the major players out in circulation.

If MOTU goes away as we know it, we might have to endure a reboot where everyone is a teenager, characters look like flash animation or something crazy later on down the line. I'd rather keep a very good thing going.

Comment

Honestly, If we were getting more value for our dollar, meaning better QC, no withheld deco and accessories, and no shipping gouging... and if the line were managed by a humble and silent manager that wanted to expand the property... I'd be all for it lasting as long as possible. There really are so many possibilities and directions this line could go, if only Mattel had faith in it. which they do not.

Comment

• Mechanizor
                    Mechanizor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    As long as TG and people like him running and ****ing this brand up, the future looks very dismal. Mattel should've let the 4HM and some of their talented associates (like Emiliano) run the show from the start.

• Jsting
                    Jsting commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I agree completely. Although i can do without certain figures it would be great for all who love motu to be able to get their favorites. I think if we got the lists of the figures that are to be made it might help the line continue. As with everything in life, i will stop at the point im content. Scott, i think needs to stop being so in our face and just promote the product without him being the face of the product. Scott i think, feels he is motuc.

I certainly hope this line doesn't end in 2014. I'd be good to keep the line going until 2018. Try to get it to the 10th anniversary mark and then once that's been reached, it could come to a close.

Comment

No way do I want the line to end this year. Masters of the Universe is bigger than any brand manager or incompetent shipping company. Despite all that has happened, this line has been great. The Four Horsemen have given us masterpiece after masterpiece. We deserve every character imaginable. If we've gotten this far, why stop now?

Comment

• darkhawk411
                      darkhawk411 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Because we're tired, no longer feel these figures are worth their cost, we're sick of lie after lie, DR is horrible, the fact that this is touted as a collector line with hand painted figs that are still messed up, the boys club got theirs and now they're done. This is the short list of different reasons I've heard or read. I didn't want 200x to end when it did but I lived with no getting updates of all my favorites, now I don't know if I've got the energy to care anymore.

• Novelty
                      Novelty commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I almost feel the same way darkhawk. But then I decided that if I just focus on the toys and my pleasure of the toys and ignore everything Toyguru and Abti-Guru and BoyGuru and VileGuru says then I'm fine. The subs are there to ensure I don't have to deal with Matty

• darkhawk411
                      darkhawk411 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Except that doesn't always work. They always find one or two items a year that make you have to deal with Matty. Since LieGuru doesn't know how all inclusive should work.

Is there a word stronger than NO!?

Comment

• Nemisythe
                      Nemisythe commented
                      Editing a comment
                      AGREED.... HELL NO!
                      I think it could keep going if some creativity was to help infuse some new ideas and concepts to ADD to the line. I mean we have so many fans here that maybe there's someone of us here that could find ways to keep contributing to what we all love. (Pick Me, PICK ME)

I would like them to continue as far as possible. I would even dare to suggest a name for the line after it completes (fingers crossed) all the factions we want...

I'd called it Eternia Endures... (Sorry I had another e-word that worked but but absolutely forgot it, D'uh)

Comment

NOT UNTIL I GET SPINWIT.
                      By the Power of Eternia! I want a Club Primus!

Comment

• Novelty
                        Novelty commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Why Spinwit? Is there a particular reason for that particular character for you?

• Swift Wind
                        Swift Wind commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Spinwit is to me like Mosquitor to Pixel Dan or Extendar to you, Novelty. Everyone has that one childhood favorite figure they would love to see updated. For me it's Spinwit he's my favorite character and also my favorite toy from the vintage NA line.

• Novelty
                        Novelty commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Gotcha! The figure if most want to be made is Dragstor, but since I figured he would be so easily made, I went for my second fav, Extendar as he is more complex.

After UNO figure i doubt this line will continue

Comment

• Dark Angel
                        Dark Angel commented
                        Editing a comment
                        And really, it should end if it is just going to devolve into the current brand manager's personal canon/roster.

Originally posted by Jsting View Post
                      After UNO figure i doubt this line will continue
                      I have a similar feeling in regards to the 2015 sub!...

Comment

I want it to continue until 2020, even if that means getting evil trollans for 6 more years. If I get MOTUC figures, the more the better.

Comment

I am not thrilled with the new Trollan being the unnamed one, but even if I knew ahead of time, I still would have subed. I definitely don’t like everything that is offered but I do like most of it. This is a great line and I hope that endures for years to come. If I get a few that I don’t like, that is fine. IMO, the majority of what we get is gold. And I do like the new Trollan, just not for the UNO.

Comment

The line will not end in 2014, not even 2015 for that matter. Just take a look:

Can you just stop with the "Son of He-Man" nonsense?

It obvious that your trying to shoehorn your ideas (actually they aren't your ideas) into this line, and we as fans know that this has pretty much been a 6 year long vanity project. So for the sake of this line lasting through 2015, can you for once stick to your word and release just the "A" listers from the vintage lines? Aside from your worshipers, most fans just don't want this SOH crap that your putting out. We are almost done, why not just give the majority what they want without the fodder?

If you want to reinvent MOTU, could you just do it in your own mind and not force it upon the rest of the loyal fans who actually respect this property?

So if I read your question correctly, I am being accused of shoe horning other people's exisiting ideas into Classics? Well that is what Classics has ALWAYS been about and that is actually my defined job. The fundemental ideal behind Classics is to create a world that justifies the greatest number of MOTU characters and hence MOTU toys, and yes, in the long term, post 2015 that definately would include SOHM era characters.

But as said over and over, the roadmap for the next 2 years will focus on vintage MOTU and POP as well as A list characters from othe media like filmation and mini comics. After that, when we hit 2016 we would love to hit some Dare Son of He-Man types, but before then, I wouldn't count on too many.

----------

It's pretty obvious that Scott will push for the line in 2015 so that when 2016 comes he can justify to management at least one more year (even if it's not a complete 12 figure year) so that he's able to immortalize his vision into MOTU lore. They don't need to reach minimum quotas for producing figures, those are just scare tactics. The Filmation sub didn't reach the minimum (they had way more of those figures in DOS than regular sub figures) and it still went through.

Personally I have no interest in the line going forward as I don't collect it anymore, but I sure can't see how ***guru will let this chance get away.
                            “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

So TG pretty much admitting that he's steering this line into his own crappy universe after 2015 regardless of what people think or want! Again, the more people buy into his crap, the more crappy this line will get!

Comment

Yeah, but ***guru never said the line was granted for 2015. Although I know it is because he needs to complete his "vision". You'll see... there's more chance that we get Spectormobile or even John Spector's Time-traveling Latrine playset than the other end of the Battle Ram or even Snake Mountain.
                                “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

Originally posted by barrasco View Post
                                  Yeah, but ***guru never said the line was granted for 2015. Although I know it is because he needs to complete his "vision". You'll see... there's more chance that we get Spectormobile or even John Spector's Time-traveling Latrine playset than the other end of the Battle Ram or even Snake Mountain.
                                  Again, we should practice Voodoo on his shitty Spector doll before we'll end up with a Spectormobile. (Oh the horror!)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X