Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matty contest: Win a signed Fisto

Check it out...

Folks having a chance to win a Fisto is cool. The signed part? Eh......

*This contest is open only to residents of the 50 United States.

Well of course it is. The rest of the world does not exist to Mattycollector. And if they had 4 FISTO figures just laying around, shouldn't those have been sent to subscribers who didn't get the figure that they were promised??? Not the smartest choice of a "free" figure to be giving out in a contest.
    “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

Yeah, I'm sure the subscribers who got screwed out of getting their Fisto figures due to Digital River screwing up their orders appreciate Mattel giving away free Fistos in a crappy contest. Stay classy, Matty.
      “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

Whole thing has a fishy/scummy vibe to it...
        Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

Disgusting. What a bunch of good for nothing $#%#^@!!! Many subscribers never received their Fistos and were told there were absolutely NONE left and now they magically have 4 to offer? How about sending those to the sub holders who never got theirs? Unbelievable! And to really rub everyone's noses in it, Scott is going to deface the boxes? Disgusting. Utterly, disgusting. This could only come from the mind of the utterly clueless Lie-Or, who as a brand manager for a major toy company sure doesn't know a damn thing about public relations. Lets be honest, the guy is totally under qualified for his job and should be fired.
          "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

Ah Fisto... the one figure I was promised as a subscriber, but never received. This contest sure brings back warm memories.
            "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

"and the figure’s designer Terence Higuchi."

Say what?
              Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Battle Ram Man
                Battle Ram Man commented
                Editing a comment
                Terry got his bachelor's in 1996, so he didn't design the original. And the Classics was sculpted by the horsemen. I'm not sure what they mean by calling him the designer.

• MegaGearMax
                MegaGearMax commented
                Editing a comment
                Terry (and Ruben) takes the 4H's sculpts and makes them work as actual toys.

• Battle Ram Man
                Battle Ram Man commented
                Editing a comment
                I'd think that'd be more engineering than design

Another new low by Mattel/Scott!... I got the email today, and I was shaking my head with disbelieve!

Comment

Seems to me those stickers they always send us would come in handy to cover up that signature

Comment

• Anti-Guru
                  Anti-Guru commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Assuming the signature is on the plastic bubble. Also there will be two signatures.

• Robzilla
                  Robzilla commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm ok with Terry's signature, as he is a pretty talented guy (even if he was responsible for that Cy-chop mess)

• Captain Atkin
                  Captain Atkin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I didn't realize that Terry worked on Fisto. That is pretty cool. I had dinner with Terry at Power-con about 3 years ago, and he is a really nice guy. The man has some real talent. A shame he doesn't work on MOTUC anymore.

TG might be trying to find out how many people want Fisto. As if a pre-order couldn't do the same task with alot less hassle and venom.

Comment

• Shawn
                  Shawn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dollars to donuts he is just trying to rub salt in the wound to keep us talking and fighting.

I'd like to enter but my IPAD won't let me put in the required info on the entry form. Damn....

Comment

Originally posted by Pinch View Post
                  I'd like to enter but my IPAD won't let me put in the required info on the entry form. Damn....
                  Ha ! It seems Mattel/Matty/Digital River were as lame as ever about the entry form... No big surprise, there !

Comment

My favorite part of the rules to this contest...

"Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason"

Nice to see they have they bases covered.

Comment

• GREP-A-TOR
                      GREP-A-TOR commented
                      Editing a comment
                      He is purely messing with fans at this point. You know he is going to substitute a Plundor or Spector.

• Dark Angel
                      Dark Angel commented
                      Editing a comment
                      So that...that...completely defeats the purpose of the contest...huh.

• Shawn
                      Shawn commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nepthu with a palace guard head. His bio blanked out by a STICKER that says "keep reading the bios" HA! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Originally posted by Anti-Guru View Post
                    My favorite part of the rules to this contest...

"Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason"

Nice to see they have they bases covered.
                    Huh, if this isn't funny, I don't know what funny is anymore! I wish someone would sue Matty-Collector/Neitlich for all the manipulation they've done toward the customers!

Comment

Recently someone wrote, (something like this) "You don't think Scott just sits around all day thinking up ways to screw over the fanbase"

I replied that I thought that this has to be one of things he does, he certainly does not have time to make a Preorder or improve MattyCollector or DR.

I just don't know how to make fun of this situation.
                      “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
                      Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

• GREP-A-TOR
                        GREP-A-TOR commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It is just hilarious that we chatted about that and then Scott does this, just too funny. LOL.
                        Widukind - man, I thought I was the Anti-Guru, then the Anti-Guru took the crown - now you have taken the throne. We need to get you some Valium before you start sending Scott dead animal heads in the mail. Love the passion though

• MegaGearMax
                        MegaGearMax commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I hear what you are saying and I agree that you are right to feel cautious. TG has been caught with his pants down--a lot. I keep this in mind with everything he says, but I'm not one to overreact.

• Shawn
                        Shawn commented
                        Editing a comment
                        mail him Plundor's head in a box! (Joking, if that isn't obvious BTW)

Who on Earth wants Neitlich to sign anything? Ridiculous

Comment

• Black Zodac
                        Black Zodac commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thats an easy question to answer. Neitlich does. He wishes he was the next Stan Lee. In his mind, he is a mighty superstar.

• Shawn
                        Shawn commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Is that a Spector variant with a guitar?

Can someone go into a little more detail about the artbook debacle. I know that only 1000 were printed and fans were a bit PO'ed about that... but what else happened?

Comment

• Robzilla
                        Robzilla commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The issue, IIRC, was that it was supposed to be limited to a certain number per customer (2 or something I believe). Apparently, a scalper (Christened as "Scalp-or" after this event) was seen getting boxes of these books and selling them at his booth at the con for outrageous prices. It was pretty scandalous at the time.

• Shawn
                        Shawn commented
                        Editing a comment
                        What got buried under the mountain of hate is that "Scalp-or" purchased 80+ books by paying dozens of people to stand in flash mob lines for HOURS over the whole foure days. That wasn't a fan who went to a convention. That was a businesses man who saw an opportunity to make money. This is America, people do that. What also got buried was that Scott did hold onto a few (less then seven IIRC) and PERSONALLY handed them to me to distribute to the fans. I did so for a a fair handling fee. That was also the last year i ever attended SDCC. it was a ****ing nightmare! I still don't have He-Ro!

So what CAN be in the picture? Do licensed products like ICON HEROES CG & comics be in the pictures?

Comment

• Captain Atkin
                        Captain Atkin commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The contest rules state: "Send us your best shot of your Masters of the Universe® toy collection". They do not outright say MOTUC, but in the next paragraph, they say "Our line is entering its sixth year, and we want to see how impressive your collection has become. Show us how creative you are at displaying your figures. Who has the prime spot front and center? Who’s conspiring in the back? Who’s in your army? (You do have an army, right?) We’re looking for originality, enthusiasm, and that true collector spirit."

The way I read this, they want the main focus to be your MOTUC toys, but there is nothing wrong with having your older Mattel toys in the background. I would just make sure that MOTUC is the main focus of your photo, to give yourself a better chance at winning.

This "signature" thing just further proves my assertion that ToolGuru thinks he's bigger than the line itself. He's obsessed with being a MOTU "celebrity"

Comment

• Croc-O-Bite!
                        Croc-O-Bite! commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yup. Kind pathetic, really.

Honestly, for once I DON'T think the signature is just his ego. I think he might be trying to mark these in some way to prevent resellers from flipping them on THE secondary market. I think he is purposeful trying to devalue them. I don't think the guy is a TOTAL monster.

Originally posted by Captain Atkin View Post
                      Ah Fisto... the one figure I was promised as a subscriber, but never received. This contest sure brings back warm memories.
                      Do you recall How many people had the same problem? I skipped this controversy at the time since I wasn't buying Classics then...
                      Last edited by Shawn; 01-29-2014, 09:40 AM.
                      Once upon a time, good advice was "be kind Rewind"now nobody remembers the past.

Masters of the universe The LOST TALES (a series of vintage style fan-comics and children's books)

Comment

• Anti-Guru
                        Anti-Guru commented
                        Editing a comment
                        There were quite a few customers that got screwed out of Fisto, Shadow Weaver, and Sorceress. However, Fisto is the one people talked about the most.

That would be interesting to know, especially after reading that asinine post from an apologist over there who seems pretty sure only two people (maybe three) had this problem....and everyone else who brings it up is only piling on poor little Mattel

Comment

Well I entered. I sent 2 pictures in & possibly one more. It'd be nice to get a Fisto or Sorceress from which I was snubbed through the subscription.

Comment

Speaking of Fisto... I see a new thread has been started on the .org regarding the idea of a Fisto and Stridor 2 pack. I like the idea because it creates the opportunity for those who got screwed out of him (or missed out), to finally get him. This is a perfect example of unity among the fan base. Even though I already have a Fisto, I would still support this idea for the greater good. Although everyone is entitled to their opinion, I must say... it disgusts me to see people objecting to the idea only because they don't want to have yet another Fisto laying around. To me that just goes to show who one sided and selfish some of the fans really are. I guess it didn't occur to these people that they could always sell Fisto loose on ebay since the demand will still be there. IDK, maybe I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill, but I really hate the, "I have it already, but if you don't that's too bad." attitude.

Mattel will probably never produce a Fisto and Stridor 2 pack because then Fisto will lose his "Holy Grail" status thus the Mattel and reseller relationship will be compromised. I actually had a similar idea, only with Teela and the aft half of the Battle Ram.

Comment

Originally posted by Anti-Guru View Post
                            Speaking of Fisto... I see a new thread has been started on the .org regarding the idea of a Fisto and Stridor 2 pack. I like the idea because it creates the opportunity for those who got screwed out of him (or missed out), to finally get him. This is a perfect example of unity among the fan base. Even though I already have a Fisto, I would still support this idea for the greater good. Although everyone is entitled to their opinion, I must say... it disgusts me to see people objecting to the idea only because they don't want to have yet another Fisto laying around. To me that just goes to show who one sided and selfish some of the fans really are. I guess it didn't occur to these people that they could always sell Fisto loose on ebay since the demand will still be there. IDK, maybe I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill, but I really hate the, "I have it already, but if you don't that's too bad." attitude.

Mattel will probably never produce a Fisto and Stridor 2 pack because then Fisto will lose his "Holy Grail" status thus the Mattel and reseller relationship will be compromised. I actually had a similar idea, only with Teela and the aft half of the Battle Ram.
                            Fisto could easily still retain his "holy grail" status. All they would have to do is slightly change his paint decos. I think Mattel should release a Stridor with Fisto 2 pack, and a Night Stalker with Jitsu 2 pack. To make the figures more desirable, they could give both Jitsu and Fisto "vac-metal" hands. This would allow Jitsu to look more like the classic 80s figure, and would give Fisto a new deco to separate him from the original MOTUC release.
                            "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

• Novelty
                              Novelty commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I support the Vac Metal hands idea. However, vintage Fisto did not have Vac Metal hands...

• Captain Atkin
                              Captain Atkin commented
                              Editing a comment
                              My suggestion of a vac metal hand for Fisto was as a way to differentiate him from the original MOTUC Fisto release. That way, Mattel isn't just repackaging the same figure, and he becomes more desirable to all fans. Also, many fans have wanted to see a vac metal hand made for Fisto for years. You can often find custom ones for sale for the 1980s Fisto on Ebay.

• Gabriel
                              Gabriel commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I also support vac metal hands for Fisto and Jitsu. I realize Fisto didn't originally have a vac metal fist, but man, that would be cool! He could put a chrome thumpin' on someone!

Originally posted by Captain Atkin View Post

Fisto could easily still retain his "holy grail" status. All they would have to do is slightly change his paint decos. I think Mattel should release a Stridor with Fisto 2 pack, and a Night Stalker with Jitsu 2 pack. To make the figures more desirable, they could give both Jitsu and Fisto "vac-metal" hands. This would allow Jitsu to look more like the classic 80s figure, and would give Fisto a new deco to separate him from the original MOTUC release.
                            I have a Fisto, and Jitsu, and would still buy these, hands-down. I love vac metal when it's well done. I'm really surprised at how much Fisto goes for online.
                            “What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."― Salman Rushdie

Comment

• Black Zodac
                              Black Zodac commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Someone needs to do a poll on vac-metal hands. I think it is a great idea. A good way to re-fresh those two characters!

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X