Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MOTUC Snake Mountain's details from Super7.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a few issues Penny Dreadful (out of all people) has encounter with her Snake Mountain:

My only gripe is that the floor where the top of the mountain snaps into place, near the trap door, is a little raised. I think the plastic is slightly warped there or something. I had a difficult time snapping it into place. It looks great from the front, but that little floor area ended up not being flush with the rest of the floor, so it bows up a little. I can't seem to get it to pop into place in that spot, and I'm not sure that I want to try and remove the top again to pop it back in. It's pretty firmly locked into place.

Did anybody else have this issue?
    And this:
    Other tweaks...

I managed to get the wolf tower onto the peg after heating up the bottom of the tower with the blowdryer first. Now, it seems to fit firmly in place, so yay!

One of the tentacles had fallen off the monster pit, but it was easy enough to get it back into the slot. I might need to glue it though, as it's a little wobbly.

Comment

Heads Up: If you've ordered your Snake Mountain through Entertainment Earth, they've started issuing those big chargers!... I got the charge on my account without an email notification or anything before it!... Very weird I must say!

Comment

I don't know when mine was charged - presumably yesterday, like Mech - but I already got my shipping notice from EE with estimated deliver on Friday...
        Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

• Mechanizor
          Mechanizor commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow, that fast!?
          My order says processing still!

• Dark Angel
          Dark Angel commented
          Editing a comment
          Label is created but package has not been sent to FedEx. I expect it will not make if Friday in reality, but soon...

Looking at my EE account, I ordered this thing all the way back in May of 2019...and it is, I think, 7 years to the month that Classics CG was released, is it not?

• Mechanizor
          Mechanizor commented
          Editing a comment
          My order of SM was also placed in early May, but still processing!

I think CG was released at the end of 2013, but I'm not that sure anyone, I've lost the track of time, heck this board was created around that time as well!

I finally got my shipping notice and it should arrive in a day or two! Hmmm...

Comment

Congrats!
          I’m still waiting. Got an email the other day from the Canadian seller that Super 7 partnered with saying due to the unexpected size there’s going to be a two week delay. The email included an email from Brian Flynn to us Canadian customers explaining the situation, which I thought was a nice touch. With the Christmas rush of parcel delivery I expect it to be longer than that. But that’s ok as I’m off work the week after New Years, so I can set up Snake Mountain then

Comment

• Mechanizor
            Mechanizor commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, but the shipment hasn't moved yet, it was a label creation and still no movement from Fedex!

Good luck with you seller/shipper, as long as you get it eventually without issues, that what matters the most.

• Mechanizor
            Mechanizor commented
            Editing a comment
            I finally has an update, it's now scheduled for Wednesday. I really hope I won't have any issues with it, like any shipping damage or any QC discrepancies.

Finally received mine today - it was sent to a FedEx hub that, apparently, does not deliver on weekends, and Monday I could not be home to receive it.

So apparently coming from EE there was no outer shipping box or protective corners like I have seen in review videos - just an outer plain cardboard box and then the color box inside wrapped in an enormous plastic bag. The outerbox is quite heavy, though, and despite some concerning damage to it, the inner box and Snake Mountain are fine.

As for Snake Mountain itself, well...its big. Very big. I like it and all, but it is a bit overwhelming, frankly. One thing I did not see mentioned in any of the reviews I watched was that, while it does fold in half, there are no clips or anything to secure it closed, and there are no handles or handholds to carry it. Outside of that little criticism, I see no QC issues with the main set or the accessories other than the wolf pillar clearly being intended to fit over the short peg on the second floor and just...not. It was the same in every review I watched, so apparently something just got mis-measured or there was a casting issue. Not the end of the world.
          Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Angel View Post
            Finally received mine today - it was sent to a FedEx hub that, apparently, does not deliver on weekends, and Monday I could not be home to receive it.

So apparently coming from EE there was no outer shipping box or protective corners like I have seen in review videos - just an outer plain cardboard box and then the color box inside wrapped in an enormous plastic bag. The outerbox is quite heavy, though, and despite some concerning damage to it, the inner box and Snake Mountain are fine.

As for Snake Mountain itself, well...its big. Very big. I like it and all, but it is a bit overwhelming, frankly. One thing I did not see mentioned in any of the reviews I watched was that, while it does fold in half, there are no clips or anything to secure it closed, and there are no handles or handholds to carry it. Outside of that little criticism, I see no QC issues with the main set or the accessories other than the wolf pillar clearly being intended to fit over the short peg on the second floor and just...not. It was the same in every review I watched, so apparently something just got mis-measured or there was a casting issue. Not the end of the world.
            Congrats, at least it arrives without any concerns. Interesting to know that there wasn't two outer boxes like S7's. I think it saves on weight and size! I hope the all the SM's that are coming from EE don't show any shipping damage, because Fedex are kinda known for their stupid handling.

BTW, Pixel-Dan and other reviewer actually have mentioned there wasn't any locking clips to it, which is kinda dumb if you ask me! The resize of the Snake Mountain was also a little clumsy, because it made some of the basic features useless, like the dungeon won't fit most of the Classics figures, and the stairs are also too small to hold the figures, etc... With that kinda money we paid for, we should've had a better playset... Anyhow, let's enjoy if for what it is so long as it doesn't have major QC issues.

Question: Can you take the upper gated section off the lower portion of the mountain if you've decided to repack it, or is it locked permanently like what Dan has mentioned in his review?

Comment

• Mechanizor
              Mechanizor commented
              Editing a comment
              Pixel-Dan sometimes has discrepancies in his reviews and his fake excitement doesn't help much to make things better, but he has his fans and he's concise most of the time. His Snake Mountain review was one of the better ones I must say.

And thanks for mentioning the clips underneath the gated mountain tip are exposed and not hidden, and can be flexed easily to detach. It's crucial for me to disassemble the SM if I wanted to move or if I decided to sell it in the future.

As for all the other discrepancies in set including the throne, it tells you how little S7 cared! The biggest (and probably the most expensive thing) they ever produced, yet they didn't study it well enough to fix some of the errors, especially when they were claiming it was a passionate project for the fans and didn't make much money on it! Yeah right...

• Dark Angel
              Dark Angel commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, a lot has been modified or eliminated from that original drawing we saw years ago (https://www.lulu-berlu.com/upload/im...920-grande.jpg), which honestly? I am OK with that - I expected that. The problem is some of the mods resulted in some pretty crummy final product. The dungeon is obvious, but the stairs on the outside just terminate against the side of the wolf gate frame - they don't meet the platform at all!

I don't hate it, but I am not sure I would have invested as much in it as I did knowing how it would turn out.

***EDIT***: So, to be fair to Super 7, the Snake Mountain currently in my house pretty much appears to match the Snake Mountain that was actually sold to us last year (Photos from the funding drive here: https://bleedingcool.com/collectible...lly-happening/), However, to be fair to myself, those pictures are super carefully lighted and angled to alleviate or outright hide some of the issues I mentioned...
              Last edited by Dark Angel; 12-09-2020, 03:32 PM.

• Mechanizor
              Mechanizor commented
              Editing a comment
              Super7 already knew passionate fans who wanted SM in their collection would buy it no matter what even if they could cut corners here and there, and they obviously did, and they've sold it with somehow a deceptive marketing campaign (photoshopped photos, misleading measurement and then a bunch of BSing interviews to drive the sales). I don't think no one in their right mind would've expected the final product to match the initial blueprints or the early prototypes, but at least make things work for God's sake especially when you knew already it's going to cost that much!

Here is the wrong measurements pic they've sold to fans:

Click image for larger version

Name:	SnakeMountain-SizeComparisonIG_1024x1024.png?v=1556918162.png
Views:	20
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	54496

The actual width is 42" instead of 48", that's about 13% reduction in size!.

I myself is more than content with the final size, however I'm not okay with that stupid discrepancies that it has...

Comment

• Dark Angel
              Dark Angel commented
              Editing a comment
              LOL, even if the measurements were accurate, the comparison of the fully opened SM to the closed CG is a little disingenuous. Granted, CG does not fully open like SM, but just measuring the front facade width is not fair play.

• Mechanizor
              Mechanizor commented
              Editing a comment
              They always did that from the beginning, and lots of fans sold on it!... I've been telling some of them when both sets are closed and you take the mountain's gate section off, both sets are not that far off of having similar volumes, granted the SM has more depth to it by a few inches

Anyhow, that was my last S7 item, and if Classics to continue one day, I hope it's totally done by Mattel again with the the 4HM in charge of its design.

• Dark Angel
              Dark Angel commented
              Editing a comment
              Agreed, as I said a few weeks ago, that is wrap for me as well. It was a fun ride, mostly!

So, I've received mine with no major issues on the outer-box beside a few dings and a deep tear that hasn't impacted the inner box of the Snake Mountain. BTW no extra outer box or plastic corners!

It took me a while to get it inside my tiny apartment and open it to check the components are complete and there isn't any missing items. However, the engineering of the hinges is so fragile and atrocious, and easily can be broken if you are not extremely careful.
            I've repacked everything back inside the box with extreme caution, and stored it away in the temporary corner I've prepared earlier until I find the time to assemble it one day and enjoy displaying it.

Comment

• Dark Angel
              Dark Angel commented
              Editing a comment
              I did not even notice the hinges until I read this and looked at mine. Yeesh.

I am not disappointed per se, but I can't help but think Super 7 bit off a bit more than they could chew here. I little more moderation might have lead to less ostentatious, but ultimately more satisfying product.

• Mechanizor
              Mechanizor commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, more protruding/thicker and safer hinges surely could've been the better choice especially with this weight and size. But they went with the cheaper and careless choice, heck the mountain even lacks a simple locking mechanism!

S7's attention is all about stupid novelty items, not actual toys. The ultimate lines they're currently offering are basically the 4HM's creations/attentions!

The latest email I got stated that due to the unforeseen increase in size of the boxes, the original courier (CanPar) isn’t equipped to deal with delivery, especially at Christmas time.
            So there’s going to be a delay until end of January when FedEx will step up, due to their US dealings with Super 7, and will deliver them instead once Christmas rush and Boxing Day delivery commitments are fulfilled.

I should have known I jinxed myself by cleaning up the spot for Snake Mountain in the office. If I hadn’t tidied up and been prepared, then Snake Mountain would have arrived while the office was still a disaster zone and I wouldn’t have had a place for it yet, because that’s how my universe works....

Comment

Originally posted by Croc-O-Bite! View Post
              The latest email I got stated that due to the unforeseen increase in size of the boxes, the original courier (CanPar) isn’t equipped to deal with delivery, especially at Christmas time.
              So there’s going to be a delay until end of January when FedEx will step up, due to their US dealings with Super 7, and will deliver them instead once Christmas rush and Boxing Day delivery commitments are fulfilled.

I should have known I jinxed myself by cleaning up the spot for Snake Mountain in the office. If I hadn’t tidied up and been prepared, then Snake Mountain would have arrived while the office was still a disaster zone and I wouldn’t have had a place for it yet, because that’s how my universe works....
              Sorry to hear about the delay, at least you've done the prepping task and got it out of the way. Hopefully you'll get the SM without any issues what so ever after Christmas is over.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X