Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What MOTUC figure(s) that you passed on and now regret not owning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What MOTUC figure(s) that you passed on and now regret not owning?

I’m very pleased with my MOTUC collection. It’s not a 100% complete collection, but I have 99.9% of the figures I want that were produced. I really only feel that I’m missing just one figure that I want to still add.
    I sold my SDCC statue King Grayskull, as well as the subscription exclusive King He-man with no regrets. I also sold off all my MOTUC POP figures that weren’t members of the Horde.
    But the one figure I passed on and have regretted is the Sorceress.

..... I may have mentioned it once or twice on these boards my disdain for the change in direction Filmation took the property from those original first few Alcala mini comics, and I also really like the 200x redesign of the Sorceress. My second favourite redesign right behind King Randor’s 200x look.
    So my thought process at the time was to pass on the Sorceress and wait for what I thought would be the eventual release of a 200x Sorceress. I certainly dropped the ball on that prediction....
    I do have the Temple of Darkness Sorceress, but as much as I like her, I prefer the colours of the original Sorceress despite my opinions on Filmation.
    Prices jumped for the original MOTUC Sorceress so quickly that I never really had a chance to get one at an affordable price once I changed my stance on wanting the figure.
    The only other regret I have is not picking up the first weapons pack because I have a custom I want to pull off with the pink Zodak armour and weapons and I can’t locate a set, or even a casted version of them. But I consider that a minor regret because my idea for a custom was so long after the weapons pack release that I’m taking more of an “oh well” kind of attitude towards not being able to find the pink Zodak weapons and armour.

So what MOTUC figure do you regret not buying?

I'm like you Croc, I have most of the Matty released figures, but I've skipped on the POP sub (Club Etheria) and other POP figures that weren't included in the official main subs. I'm still planning on selling some of POP figures that I have that aren't part of the Horde. Also I've completely skipped on the Filmation Club Grayskull figures without any regrets.

My only kind of regret is not having most of the Power-Con exclusive figures due to their high price tag and Super7 screwing the early 3-packs with bad QC. If I can find them loose or reasonably priced someday, I may get them especially the Mini-Comic styled 3-pack set and the Snake-Trooper set, also the earlier camouflage Kobra Khan!

Comment

I was lucky with Super 7 offerings. What I did buy were all QC issue free. I played it safe and used hot water before doing any head swapping (the one benefit of being a Canadian toy collector and getting stuff late is you learn what not to do with figures where people already broke theirs on some QC issues).
      Other than a few shiny faces on the earlier releases, which were taken care of with spray paint clear matte sealer, I am very happy with those additions to my collection. Hopefully you can find some at an acceptable price

​​​​​​....and I got some potential good news today, I found a Canadian eBay seller with the weapons pack containing the pink Zodac armour I’ve been looking for, and at a good price. Hopefully it arrives without issue. So now just the Sorceress

Comment

Originally posted by Croc-O-Bite! View Post
        ​​​​​​....and I got some potential good news today, I found a Canadian eBay seller with the weapons pack containing the pink Zodac armour I’ve been looking for, and at a good price. Hopefully it arrives without issue. So now just the Sorceress
        Great... Goodluck with finding a suitably priced Sorceress as well.

One day I'd love to do some of that swapping and figure customization once I have that extra space and peace of mind.

Comment

Just Bronze King Grayskull... still need that figure.
          “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X