Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First blurry pics of Masterverse figures

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLq260Hg...d=t56zc90ulgbm

Looks like a horned version of Skeletor similar to the DC Comics Eternity War.
    Also a Battle Cat. I have to wonder how they’re measuring Battle Cat. 27 cm is the length of Origins BC from head to tip of tail, while Classics BC is 27 cm from head to his backside. Would be great to have another Classics sized BC, but I’m sure it’ll be Origins sized knowing my luck...

Here is the expanded version of the blurry Skeletor pic:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1614175490071.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	417.6 KB
ID:	55034

Comment

Looking forward to seeing clear pictures. No idea how I feel about the figure and if I’ll even want that version of Skeletor. Kind of looks like a blue version of Darkness right now....

As blurry as the pics are, it looks like that’s a Cringer head on this version of Battle Cat

Comment

Better pics

Comment

Thanks Croc...

Honestly, I'm not feeling that one. I'll take the 200X style over this any day... This is looks a lot like a Korean Anime inspired by Filmation! (which it is BTW)

Comment

I hope Mattel doesn’t do something stupid like put Origins on hiatus for this stuff. I think I’ll buy Skeletor, definitely need to see better pics of He-man first before I can say for sure on if I’d buy him.

Comment

• Croc-O-Bite!
              Croc-O-Bite! commented
              Editing a comment
              It’s the size of He-man’s head in that Mastersverse pic that has me worried. It’s pathetically tiny. Like they put a 5 inch figure’s head on a 7 inch figure’s body.

For me, Origins should continue, otherwise I’m out of collecting the action figure lines. Maybe I’d pick up a few characters here and there for display purposes but that’s about it.
            Ill be still collecting Mega Construx and Hot Wheels though...

Comment

Luckily there seems to be a change in management (or at least philosophy) when it comes to MOTU at Mattel, so hopefully the shortsighted, idiotic decisions of the past won’t rear their ugly heads again and Mattel will realize they have a good thing going with Origins and will not mess it up.

For instance, just look at the Origins deluxe figures having extra hands and heads. The old Mattel guard were so stupid that they were afraid that it would look too morbid having a “severed head” in the packaging.
              Thank god those days are behind us. I hope at least. It can take some time to get the smell of stupid out of that company, so I can’t help but fear the worst from Mattel in regards to Origins. Mattel is always capable of clutching defeat from the arms of victory...

Comment

• Mechanizor
                Mechanizor commented
                Editing a comment
                I hope what you're saying is true... But they really need to make their products easier to purchase without the ridiculous online markups before the frustrated fans and collectors ditch the MOTU lines altogether, especially during this pandemic times where most things are going south and where people are on extreme low budgets.

• Croc-O-Bite!
                Croc-O-Bite! commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, I don’t know how it’s going for you but wave 3 has been getting constant refreshes in Southern & Eastern Ontario. BA He-man and BA Skeletor have been refreshed a few times already as well. 2021 has seen a vast improvement in these parts. Another thing they’ve got going for Origins is the price around here. $14.97 for regular Origins versus $32.97 for Marvel Legends, GI Joe Classified and Star Wars Black Series.
                Regardless of the size difference between the four lines I mentioned, Origins being less than half the price has got to help. It would be nice to get at least two cases at a time at each store though instead of only a single case at a time, but on the bright side they don’t peg warm for long even in my little town

• Mechanizor
                Mechanizor commented
                Editing a comment
                The thing, I'm only shopping online these days, so my experience is based on that, and also lots of people are still struggling finding these at their local stores. (again according to the internets!)
                I should try my local Targets and see what I can find...

A bigger pic:

Name:	1614202954168.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	399.0 KB
ID:	55065

Comment

• Mechanizor
                Mechanizor commented
                Editing a comment
                Why Evil-Lyn looks almost like a male figure or a female wrestler/pirate?

• MIDOR
                MIDOR commented
                Editing a comment
                No. Makes her look like a water bender.

Tiny Head He-man looks bad.

Originally posted by Mechanizor View Post
              A bigger pic:

Name:	1614202954168.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	399.0 KB
ID:	55065

Comment

Originally posted by MIDOR View Post
                Tiny Head He-man looks bad.

Are you talking about the Masterverse toy figure or the animation?
                If you meant the toy, yes, the size of the head is smaller than your average figure's head and maybe it's because he reflects the body proportion of the animated character?!

Comment

Yes. The toy. Yah. My bad on NOT being specific.

As I type this I'm watching Daniel E's youtube channel. Getting his reaction thoughts.

Are you talking about the Masterverse toy figure or the animation?
                  If you meant the toy, yes, the size of the head is smaller than your average figure's head and maybe it's because he reflects the body proportion of the animated character?!

Comment

Speaking of tiny heads, here is a funny He-Man mockup someone has posted:

Name:	1614204129274.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	1,015.5 KB
ID:	55105

Comment

That is funny.

Speaking of tiny heads, here is a funny He-Man mockup someone has posted:

Name:	1614204129274.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	1,015.5 KB
ID:	55105

Comment

I was talking about how the 3D MOTU animation style is similar to Transformers's latest 3D flicks, and someone made this with even a tinier head:

Name:	1614379558525.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	55114

Comment

That's funny. First Beetlejuice and now He-Man. People need to stop making voodoo priest angry.

Comment

The price list was posted Toy News Int'l, and these will be Walmart exclusives for a few months?!

Battle Cat is listed with a price of $39.99. The figures are listed with a September 2021 on Zavvi, but I have check with other sources that tell me that the figures here in the US will see release at Walmart around June and then everywhere else around August.
                            https://toynewsi.com/241-38548

Click image for larger version  Name:	159060205_1913911392094672_926202590582050139_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=kPrfMVl5wLkAX9tq0AP&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=0a501bc844747eae3d269f5ab1e7d8fb&oe=606DC704.jpg Views:	0 Size:	86.7 KB ID:	55167

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X