Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pixel-Dan's reaction/thoughts on the Masterverse/animation reveals!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pixel-Dan's reaction/thoughts on the Masterverse/animation reveals!

Here is what Pixie thinks about today's reveals:

Daniel's youtube channel was the second channel I went to, to hear/get someone's opinion on the line.

Under my real name I gave my opinion, which I've expressed in another and yet related thread on this site. As well as the Dot Org.

Comment

I giggled on Dan's comment about Skelly's Beasman slapping hands!

However he brings a point where Mattel could stop making Origins and focus on the newer toy lines once they hit the shelves, which is kinda worrying if this actually was their initial hidden plan or agenda!
      I really hope not, not until they make most of the popular vintage units (characters/beasts/vehicles/playsets).

Comment

Despite what I think about both lines I hadn't thought about what it means for Origins.

I also agree about having the two lines on the shelves at the same time.

Originally posted by Mechanizor View Post
        I giggled on Dan's comment about Skelly's Beasman slapping hands!

However he brings a point where Mattel could stop making Origins and focus on the newer toy lines once they hit the shelves, which is kinda worrying if this actually was their initial hidden plan or agenda!
        I really hope not, not until they make most of the popular vintage units (characters/beasts/vehicles/playsets).

Comment

Your comments about Origins had me intrigued enough to actually watch a PD video. We actually have identical opinions on everything he touched upon in his video, I don’t know what to think of myself right now, lol....
          I was so used to the old videos where he was such a shill (not a shill for Mattel, but a shill for any product with Neitlich involved). I swear I was afraid that any one of those videos was going to have PD kneeling down in front of an unzipped Neitlich, it was so bad. It was nice to see an unbiased opinion from the guy.

......anyway, yeah I hate those bitch slappin’ hands for Skeletor too. I hated them when Mattel used them for the John Wesley Shipp Flash figure a few years ago. And I hated when Hasbro used that style of hands for Quicksilver in that 3 pack. I can kind of see them being used for a speedster that’s in a running pose, but they’re just so limited for posing.
          I don’t see myself changing my opinion on that kiddie Battle Cat design, it looks like He-man is riding a Bay-former. But if it works for the kids and the show is popular, that’s what’s important. Hopefully Revelations is good

Comment

• Mechanizor
            Mechanizor commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for sharing your opinion.
            BTW Pixie doesn't do much of that "s***ing" these days unless he's interviewing someone from the toy companies he's getting his stuff from, or he likes the toys/brands he's after. After all, I think he's either getting a supplemental income of sort from some of them, and/or some royalties on the things he's involved in, much like Val.

I don't have anything constructive to say with my criticism so I'll just say thank God super7 is doing Thundercats!
          “Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.” ~Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Andy
            Andy commented
            Editing a comment
            200x brought me online to the MotU community, they weren't the greatest but they were still won over by most fans. I remember Keldor pretty much blew it up in San Diego. The main gripes were the techno sword and the kicked in the gut look plus the anime inspired style of them. MYP kinda also made folks relax about it so hopefully the cartoon gets an audience.

These have the silhouette of He-Man and Skeletor at least. It looks like they want to be marvel legends but the proportions are all off, plus the heads are tiny looking compared to the body.

• Mechanizor
            Mechanizor commented
            Editing a comment
            I think the body proportions of these are based on the new animation series, that's why they look funky the way they do... Were Marvel Legends based on a cartoon or a comic by any chance?

• Andy
            Andy commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm not remembering anything specific other than toy biz first introduced them then Hasbro took over.
            Last edited by Andy; 02-27-2021, 05:53 AM.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X