Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some new action figures from He-Man and Masters of the Universe (3D) animation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some new action figures from He-Man and Masters of the Universe (3D) animation!

Well, here is a new interpretation of MOTU action figure line, and it comes from the upcoming He-Man and Masters of the Universe 3D flick:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1621117262862.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	55463

Name:	1621117334653.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	55464

Name:	1621117403023.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	55465

Now, I'm more excited about these than the Masterverse line for some reason! This is an intentional over the top interpretation that could potentially attract new crowd!
    Last edited by Mechanizor; 05-15-2021, 10:59 PM.

Comment

What. The. F?!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by MIDOR View Post
        What. The. F?!?!?!
        Cybertronic MOTU is a thing now!...

If this new show racks some good ratings, we probably could see some wild stuff from this toy line!

Comment

I certainly have my doubts, but I hope this works for a new audience. They have a Hasbro Titan Hero’s line feel to me. Don’t kids like that line?

I do kind of like the new symbol on He-man’s chest, looks like an ‘H’ that also doubles as an upside down Power Sword. There, I said something nice….

The thought that keeps popping up in my head when looking at these cheap looking figures is: “this is a perfect visual representation of throwing shit up on a wall to see what sticks”

Comment

Originally posted by Croc-O-Bite! View Post
            I certainly have my doubts, but I hope this works for a new audience. They have a Hasbro Titan Hero’s line feel to me. Don’t kids like that line?

I do kind of like the new symbol on He-man’s chest, looks like an ‘H’ that also doubles as an upside down Power Sword. There, I said something nice….

The thought that keeps popping up in my head when looking at these cheap looking figures is: “this is a perfect visual representation of throwing shit up on a wall to see what sticks”
            I don’t disagree. The deformed proportions are certainly not what you normally expect from a proper collectible toy line, but I’m mesmerized by the design elements and choices with these.
            I’ve been working (off and on) on something similar in concept (at least on paper for now) for a different medium, and when I saw this, it made me smile a little.
            Some people just wanna see MOTU constrained within a certain classic style, and that’s totally okay… However the designer in me always loves to see things with a fresh perspective. Of course not all new things will work for all people, but some might just hit the right spot for a number of us.

Honestly I’m not sure how this animation will look or feel like, it might end up being a total crap, but some of the early designs I saw really caught my attention.

Comment

I hope this is successful. It's success will be good for the overall franchise.

Comment

• Croc-O-Bite!
                Croc-O-Bite! commented
                Editing a comment
                Couldn’t agree more

A couple new images of the new toys have surfaced:

Click image for larger version  Name:	1629253057022.jpg Views:	0 Size:	407.5 KB ID:	56438
              Click image for larger version  Name:	1629253118220.jpg Views:	0 Size:	403.1 KB ID:	56439

Comment

I don't hate them or anything...but they seem to be trying awfully hard. Too hard. To be...something. I know not what.

At this point, what is really important is that they can be sold to kids, honestly. The line is not going to last if they are going to rely entirely on us old guys buying an infinite number of variations on the 80's line - it might work for Transformers, but Transformers has managed to rope multiple generations of kids in, thus creating an "evergreen" fanbase. MOTU's fanbase is greying badly (and I count myself among that group before anyone gets offended).
                Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

Not a fan, to be honest. I hope kids like it, but toy sales will determine if it is really a hit or not.

For me, the thing that makes characters like Superman, Batman and Spider-man work so well is that their basic looks have been consistent for decades. Those looks have stood the test of time, and become iconic. When you change things in an extreme way, they often lose something in the transition. I don't see these designs being able to stand the test of time.
                  "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

I don't think these designs were meant to stand the test of time, they were basically meant for the current kids market (Disney/DreamWorks-esque face sculpts and such), and I believe Mattel is only testing the water with these, just like the Revelation toys, but then again, you'll never know!)
                    That said, they still lack important paint apps here and there in my opinion, which could make them look a bit cheap looking and unappealing for some folks.

Years ago, I spoke with a Pixar art director, and I told him that I'm a fan of the stuff you guys produce, but I wish you could make a more realistic style of animated characters to some of us, and he right away jumped and said: That's not likely!...
                    They just have a certain formula they with work and they're sticking with it! Sadly a lot of the big animated studios followed suit since then, and the younger generations were spoon-fed with this deformed 3D style...

At least the video game industry are adapting to a lot of different animated styles which also helps keeping things in perspective.

Comment

Better and new images:

Name:	1629394373006.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	445.2 KB
ID:	56453

Name:	1629381943081.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	583.9 KB
ID:	56452

Name:	1629381853775.jpg
Size:	799.8 KB
ID:	56451

Name:	1629381758286.jpg
Size:	720.8 KB
ID:	56450

Name:	1629381643939.jpg
Size:	281.3 KB
ID:	56449

Name:	1629381161143.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	56448

Name:	1629379158525.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	56447

Name:	1629379080704.jpg
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	56446

Name:	1629379006483.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	56445

Comment

Toyark has more pictures and info on the new toy line:
                        https://news.toyark.com/2021/08/19/h...-440483#images

On September 16th, an all-new CGI Animated Series is coming to Netflix, which will reintroduce the Masters of the Universe to a new generation of fans. The new show, titled He-Man and the Maters of the Universe, will be a completely new take on the iconic series. Along with a new MOTU show, comes new toys from Mattel. While current toy lines from Mattel target the collectors who grew up with the franchise, the new series and toys are geared for a younger audience. The items you will find in this article are geared toward audiences aged 4+.

The new He-Man and the Masters of the Universe toys will feature action figures in two size classes. The main line will feature figures in a 5.5″ scale. This size class will offer figures, vehicles, and play sets. The figures in this size will retail for $9.99 each. The other size class is a series of figures at 8.5′” tall, giving kids a larger figure option. The 8.5″ tall figures will be priced at $12.99 each. In the 8.5″ line, there will be Deluxe Figures, priced at $19.99, featuring more accessories. The new figure lines are emphasizing sculpt and play over full articulation, as they look to keep the price point pretty reasonable. Look for these to be released on October 1st at Walmart stores.

After the jump, you can check out the initial details for the line, as well as new photos for the first wave of figures, vehicles, and more.
                        He-Man™ and The Masters of the Universe™ Action Figures
                        Ages 4+ | SRP $9.99 | Available at Walmart 10/1

– Action figure collection features iconic characters from both the good and evil sides of Eternia®, so they’re great for battle action and storytelling fun.
                        – Each articulated figure comes with an attack feature and/or projectile that fans can power themselves!

—————————————–

He-Man™ and the Masters of the Universe™ Large Action Figure
                        Ages 4+ | SRP $12.99 | Available at Walmart 10/1

– Inspired by the animated series, He-Man™ and The Masters of the Universe™, the large-sized action figures in this collection are ready for battle!
                        – This assortment features He-Man®, Skeletor® and the most powerful good and evil warriors of Eternia® – great for battle action and storytelling fun.
                        – Articulated figures stand 8.5-inches tall and can reach up to 6 inches wide! By the Power of Grayskull ™!

—————————————–

He-Man™ and The Masters of the Universe™ Vehicle Pack
                        Ages 4+ | SRP $19.99 | Available at Walmart 10/1

– Inspired by the animated series, these He-Man and The Masters of the Universe® 5.5-in action figures are ready for battle!
                        – This action figure collection features good and evil warriors of Eternia® – paired with their iconic vehicles.
                        – Figures are articulated, and vehicles feature rolling wheels for even more battle action and storytelling fun!
                        – Each figure also has a spring-loaded attack feature!

—————————————–

MOTU® Origins Large He-Man® Figure
                        Ages 4+ | SRP $19.99 | Available at Walmart 10/1

– The design of this Deluxe He-Man® 8.5-in action figure is inspired by the animated series, He-Man and The Masters of the Universe® and includes spring-loaded attack function, so kids can create thrilling action and combat scenes.
                        – Figure is highly posable with 5 points of articulation!
                        – He-Man® with Power Attack comes with thrilling accessories and removeable armor for even more battle storytelling fun!

—————————————–

Masters of the Universe® Snake Mountain™ Throne Playset for MOTU®
                        Ages 4+ | SRP $29.99 | Available at Walmart 10/1

– Help He-Man end Skeletor’s evil reign and slay the Havoc Serpent! On the dark hemisphere of Eternia stands Skeletor’s fortress, Snake Mountain. Now He-Man® fans can play out thrilling scenes in the battle between good and evil with this authentic Snake Mountain™ Throne playset!
                        – Inspired by the animated series, He-Man and The Masters of the Universe®, set includes throne room, moveable battle platform and controllable giant Havoc Serpent. Strike the serpent enough times and the throne ejects!

Comment

I still think they look like Disney's Hercules had a crossover with Ben 10. Maybe kids will love them. What's up with Skeletor's hand?
                          “Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.” ~Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                            I still think they look like Disney's Hercules had a crossover with Ben 10. Maybe kids will love them. What's up with Skeletor's hand?
                            I agree, the toys are interesting but nothing out of the ordinary, yet they're a bit cheap looking to make them attainable.
                            As for Skeletor's hand, I think we will find out what happened to it in the show even though it appears like it's been in the wrong places for some reason!

Comment

I hope these toys (and toon) are popular with the kids, but having said that these do look cheap, like deluxe Happy Meal toys….

I know that Trap Jaw’s face & teeth look absolutely ridiculous, but if I see one, God help me I’ll probably buy one simply because it’s Trap Jaw.

Comment

Originally posted by Croc-O-Bite! View Post
                                I know that Trap Jaw’s face & teeth look absolutely ridiculous, but if I see one, God help me I’ll probably buy one simply because it’s Trap Jaw.
                                Me too. I'm trying to get most of the Trap-Jaws and Man-E-Faces' releases whenever possible.

Comment

Here is an image of the entire first wave:

Name:	1629521509431.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	56480

Comment

I like the 5.5 scale figures, especially that Skeletor. What I am most excited to do is mix these vehicles and playsets with the Origins figures How would Origin Skeletor look on that Throne?.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkliger View Post
                                      I like the 5.5 scale figures, especially that Skeletor. What I am most excited to do is mix these vehicles and playsets with the Origins figures How would Origin Skeletor look on that Throne?.
                                      You know what, I haven't thought of that for before, it might be actually an interesting result of having some of the Origins figures utilizing those new vehicles and playset/s since they're in the same scale!
                                      If they're easily attainable via Walmart.com or (any other online store after that), I might pick up some, but I have to see some reviews before doing so... Thanks.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X