Classic Minis - who is getting them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Minis - who is getting them?

I think they are a little overpriced but I'll end up getting them.

I'll pass. I think they will be good for bringing in younger fans though. Would be a nice way to introduce MOTU to a new generation.

Comment

I'm on the fence about them. They feel so overpriced at $20, even with the build-a-castle pieces.

Comment

Probably I'll pass on them as well, unless if they go on sale or I'll find them discounted somehow.

Comment

I'm passing on them. I really do not need another Matty line to aggrevate me. I'm assuming that they are a Matty line of course...
          “Censorship always defeats it own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion." ― Henry Steele Commager

Comment

Certainly not.
            Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

No, and for two words....Masterpiece Transformers. With all that is coming this year, I sometimes wish I didn't sub for MOTUC, I actually am well more excited for the MP Transformers than I am for MOTUC, I've waited for 30 years for both lines, but now that there are fully articulated G1 accurate figures....I can think of nothing more amazing, MOTUC are just figures....cool and I love them, but standard Action Figures nothing more.... MP Transformers....Transform, and do it so damn accurately and are for the first time fully articulated. So, no, passing on these way too small for the price fails. If they were the original size as the SDCC ones....I'd consider them, but as they are....no.

MOTUC before MP Soundwave and the 280Z bros was my first love, Transformers second, now....it's reversed.
              Last edited by shadowfall1976; 01-30-2014, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Nope, but I bet little motu like war hammer figures would sell well

Comment

No mini weirdoes for me ! I don't like silly characters or super deformed MOTU characters. And even if I did, I'd be repulsed by the bigger SDCC mini-masters vs. the now smaller mini-masters. One more epic fail from Mattel design and Mattycollector !

Comment

Originally posted by Widukind View Post
                    And even if I did, I'd be repulsed by the bigger SDCC mini-masters vs. the now smaller mini-masters. One more epic fail from Mattel design and Mattycollector !
                    It's ironic how Scott even tried to bash Bandai's Thundercats line - on a RGD episode - due to the change in scales. At least Bandai is able to produce proper fitting armor and female leotard bottoms.
                    “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

I guess it depends on who is made. I'd grab a Battleground Teela mini-masters to put on my desk. But that might be the only one I get. I wouldn't collect them as a line.

Comment

I'm getting them for my son, he's 9 and loves the sdcc exclusive set he got for christmas.

Comment

I like the idea of mini figures, but I don't like the cartoony proportions of the Mini Masters. I'd rather just smaller, less articulated versions of Classics figures.
                          Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

Comment

Yes I'm getting 2 sets. One MIB & the other to open that my kids will enjoy. I told my youngest boy they were coming out next month. He said he's very excited to see how Mer Man looks.

Comment

I like Mer-Man, but I don't know if $20 is worth spending just for him. I wish they sold these at stores for kids instead to get the brand name out there.

Comment

• Pinch
                                Pinch commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I completely understand what you're saying. They are expensive but at the same time my kids enjoy them & there isn't anything MOTU in stores for them to enjoy. They like the vintage & 200x figures but they just enjoy the weird style that they're in.

For me, this is an easy pass. This feels more like an item for younger kids. If they sneak in smaller characters like Imp that could go with my MOTUC collection, I might buy a few, but that's about it.
                              "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X