Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Masterverse reveals for 2022 - Jitsu, Catra, PoP Hordak, Classic Beast Man, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW! How tall is MEF?!

Not a fan of the face plates. But I suppose that's the best and only option if there isn't an action feature. Had MEF as a kid. Will pick up.

Shadow Weaver: Not on the hype train for her. Sold my classic versions to fellow dot org members. Not going to pick up.

Evil Porky Pig: Didn't get the Origins version. Not going to get this. Not bad looking character I got to admit. Seems better than the Origins version. Not sure How that is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by MIDOR View Post
      WOW! How tall is MEF?!

Not a fan of the face plates. But I suppose that's the best and only option if there isn't an action feature. Had MEF as a kid. Will pick up.

Shadow Weaver: Not on the hype train for her. Sold my classic versions to fellow dot org members. Not going to pick up.

Evil Porky Pig: Didn't get the Origins version. Not going to get this. Not bad looking character I got to admit. Seems better than the Origins version. Not sure How that is possible.
      The turning action feature is still present. But those extra 3 face plates are there for you to use in addition to the regular ones. The turning drum allows you to snap any faces you wish to use after removing the dome/helmet.

Comment

• MIDOR
        MIDOR commented
        Editing a comment
        Dur! That's right. Wasn't that technique used once before? I'm drawing a blank.

Thanks for the packaged pics. of Man-e-faces; Shadow-Weaver; and Pig-head. They all look amazing.

- Man-e-faces is my favorite MOTU character, which I'm sure is obvious Amazing sculpt, and the extra face masks are a great addition. This may end up being my favorite version of Man-e-faces.
      - I believe that Shadow Weaver was from the Filmation MOTU - which I haven't seen since the '80's. However, definitely onboard for that figure as well - it looks fantastic. And, I missed the previous Classics release.
      -Pig-head looks interesting as well. I passed on the Origins version, but will get this one.

Comment

• Mechanizor
        Mechanizor commented
        Editing a comment
        - Man-E has had an extra drum of faces in the Classics line.
        - Shadow Weaver was also introduced in Classics both as an exclusive figured and as a Filmation Subscription figure from what I remember.

• man-e-faces
        man-e-faces commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks - I've gone back & edited my post.

The Sorceress in package:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ME15X23H_o.png
Views:	62
Size:	394.6 KB
ID:	58790

Comment

Hm. Not bad.

Comment

Here is the drum that you attach the Man-E's faces to:

Name:	Masterverse-Man-E-Faces%2011__scaled_600.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	58810

More of the images of Man-E, Shadow Weaver and The Sorceress in this link from TNI:

MOTU Masterverse Man-E-Faces, Shadow Weaver And Revelations Sorceress In-Hand Images

Comment

Pig-Head out of the box:

Name:	ME15XRJO_o.png
Views:	44
Size:	429.0 KB
ID:	58835

Comment

Since I'm NOT the biggest fan of Rulers of the Sun, I thought he was yellow.

And thus a couple questions spring to mind.

1. Why does he look like a test run?
              2. why does he look like he just ripped off Disco Skeletor's look

Comment

Originally posted by MIDOR View Post
                Since I'm NOT the biggest fan of Rulers of the Sun, I thought he was yellow.

And thus a couple questions spring to mind.

1. Why does he look like a test run?
                2. why does he look like he just ripped off Disco Skeletor's look
                I wonder if his colors in that pic were adjusted with filters, because he doesn't look that green inside his box!... Regardless, I still his colors here as well.

BTW, Disco Skeletor has "gold" all over him that's why he was labeled "Disco" (Guitar's playing in the background with a Wah Wah):

Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l300.jpg Views:	0 Size:	12.6 KB ID:	58840

Comment

Here is YT review of the MV Man-E-Faces by The Man Child, he also does a lot of MOTU reviews if you can stomach his cartoonish tone and pace:

Comment

Great review! Thanks for posting this. This Masterverse Man-e-faces sculpt is incredible! The detailed review & seeing the figure out of the box, etc. - is making me want this even more.

-Re: the review, I did find it interesting that the strong implication here is that you can't easily turn the lever on top of the figure's head (to change the faces inside) without using the laser-gun as the tool to do this - unless the head-piece is taken off. This is different than the Origins/Vintage & 200X versions - when you could easily change the faces using the lever on the top with the head-piece on....however, re: those figures - you couldn't take the head-piece off in these cases.

That being said, I think this new design is fantastic - and I like how you can take the head-piece off & change the faces inside. The 3 extra faces that the figure comes with are the icing on the cake here. I know the Classics version had something similar.

-IMHO, this also opens up the door for additional alternate faces to be released in a theoretical "accessory pack" - similar to what was released in the MOTU Vintage line. I.e., I can see an accessory park being released with alternate faces for Man-e, as well as extra weapons & possibly a weapons rack (similar to what comes with Castle Grayskull), etc.

Sure, it's unlikely that anything like this will come out in the Masterverse line. It would probably be more of an Origins release, if it happened at all - but one can always hope.

Comment

And here are a couple leaked SKUs of MV Grizzlor and Faker:

Name:	ME15YP4X_o.png
Views:	13
Size:	333.1 KB
ID:	58861

Well let's sing: It's raining figures Hallelujah...

Comment

Re: the Masterverse Pig-head out of the box: Incredible figure; you can see a lot more detail this way. I do like the Neon-green & light blue/dark blue colors. Again, I'm not planning on getting the Origins version, but this Masterverse version is a must-have for me.

Re: the Masterverse Grizzlor & Faker - interesting news. I'll reserve judgement until actual pictures are released. Some questions ahead of time:

-Will the Masterverse Grizzlor have "real fur" like the Origins version, or will it be plastic molded fur?

-Is the Maserverse Faker just a re-release of the one that came out a couple of years ago?! I wasn't too impressed by that one, which just looked almost identical to He-man - other than the alternate robotic head (though I know this was replicating what was seen on the show).

Or, will it be a blue-skinned Faker, like the Vintage/Origins version?!

I know we don't have answers on this yet. So, I look forward to more details re: both of these.

Comment

Originally posted by man-e-faces View Post
                          Re: the Masterverse Pig-head out of the box: Incredible figure; you can see a lot more detail this way. I do like the Neon-green & light blue/dark blue colors. Again, I'm not planning on getting the Origins version, but this Masterverse version is a must-have for me.

Re: the Masterverse Grizzlor & Faker - interesting news. I'll reserve judgement until actual pictures are released. Some questions ahead of time:

-Will the Masterverse Grizzlor have "real fur" like the Origins version, or will it be plastic molded fur?

-Is the Maserverse Faker just a re-release of the one that came out a couple of years ago?! I wasn't too impressed by that one, which just looked almost identical to He-man - other than the alternate robotic head (though I know this was replicating what was seen on the show).

Or, will it be a blue-skinned Faker, like the Vintage/Origins version?!

I know we don't have answers on this yet. So, I look forward to more details re: both of these.
                          I have a feeling this Faker version will be based on the vintage colors/look under the New Eterina label since we already have the Revelation iteration in the MV line... I think it'll be a repaint of the 40th anniversary He-Man release, and it could also include a Battle Armor in Orange with extra accessories.

Comment

• man-e-faces
                            man-e-faces commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yes, this makes sense - Thanks. And, another reason that they wouldn't want to re-release the Faker from the Masterverse line is because it seemed to be a poor seller. I.e., it went on clearance at the stores I went to & on Amazon.

A repaint of the 40th Anniversary He-man (with a blue mold) would be amazing. Hopefully that's what it will look like, or at least something equivalent.

More leaked MV SKUs:

Click image for larger version  Name:	ME15YPY3_o.png Views:	0 Size:	286.6 KB ID:	58874
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	ME15YPY4_o.png Views:	0 Size:	275.3 KB ID:	58875
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	ME15YPY8_o.png Views:	0 Size:	275.3 KB ID:	58876Ther

There are also a bunch of additional MOTU SKUs were listed at Deep Discount but without character descriptions, at least for now!

Comment

Wow - this is great news. A Masterverse Ram Man, Whiplash, and Buzz-off will probably look amazing. Can't wait to see pictures of these.

This line is really ramping up.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X