Clear All
  • MIDOR
    Heroic Warrior
    • Jan 2014

The party is over--Toy Guru Video

• Mechanizor
    Mechlord of Cyborgia
    • Dec 2013

If what he's saying is true in regards to the retail market, that's not a big surprise for at least, but that doesn't automatically mean the brand is dead online!

Let's just hope Origins will survive this BS. If not, A LOT of people will just get pissed at Mattel for a long long time... I still have my suspicions about this whole enchilada from Neitlich,

Comment

• Mechanizor
      Mechlord of Cyborgia
      • Dec 2013

BTW, I just saw this being posted:
      https://www.facebook.com/adultcollector.org/posts/pfbid034ifKoxsrwhmK5Jk1h8Vj2ieMZ3Wbn87FppRFJN8vzkH S9DwHpfNQcUugmH6VdJNml

Click image for larger version

Name:	ME15VQN3_o.png
Views:	410
Size:	390.6 KB
ID:	58733

Comment

• MIDOR
        Heroic Warrior
        • Jan 2014

I've hoping to see a Masterverse Zodac. Been waiting for that. May have to buy it online.

Comment

• Mechanizor
          Mechlord of Cyborgia
          • Dec 2013

Originally posted by MIDOR View Post
          I've hoping to see a Masterverse Zodac. Been waiting for that. May have to buy it online.
          He's available over at MC if you don't wanna bother hunting him down in your area:
          The Masterverse collection brings Masters of the Universe to life with 7-inch scale action figures designed with a high level of detail fans will love.

BBTS:

Comment

• Andy
            Drew-Man
            • Aug 2014

**** twinkletwat. Sorry but why is he still relevant?

“You could reach any goal you want, it just might mean taking the circular path.” ~Daniel Larusso

Comment

• Mechanizor
              Mechanizor commented
              Editing a comment
              I've watched this when it was posted. Also Mega Jay Retro and (friends from other respectful channels/industry) made a livestream about it for 2 hours mostly debunking Scott's BS move.

Probably we gonna witness "rinse and repeat" the same BS back again in April!
          • MIDOR
            Heroic Warrior
            • Jan 2014

Bit of a follow up video.

Comment

• Mechanizor
              Mechanizor commented
              Editing a comment
              You must be a fan of his channel!
              Did you even watch this sarcastic video of his?

• Andy
              Andy commented
              Editing a comment
              I must've beat the curve because I've been making fun of Scott since the nuttlickers first became annoying. I don't care what he says, he'll never eat crow because he's too narcissistic and will weave some kind of spin. And sadly some folks will still believe in his non-relevancy
          • Mechanizor
            Mechlord of Cyborgia
            • Dec 2013

Analog Toys are making fun of TG's BS and analyzing his attitude in this video, much like what Andy is saying:

Comment

• Andy
              Drew-Man
              • Aug 2014

All I'm going to say about Scott from now on is his nickname twinkletwat mcfinger****. He's not worth getting the views Whatever he does or says will even out when karma says hello.

“You could reach any goal you want, it just might mean taking the circular path.” ~Daniel Larusso

Comment

• Mechanizor
                Mechanizor commented
                Editing a comment
                That nickname you've given him is so fitting to his character!... I could go on, but I better stop! LOL
            • man-e-faces
              Heroic Warrior
              • Aug 2021

I've been hearing rumors about Origins & Masterverse being cancelled since these respective lines began. However, the bottom line is that if they weren't selling well - they wouldn't be making these new/forthcoming figures/vehicles. Even if they're tough to find @ retail, you can still find them online.

Comment

• Mechanizor
                Mechlord of Cyborgia
                • Dec 2013

Originally posted by man-e-faces View Post
                I've been hearing rumors about Origins & Masterverse being cancelled since these respective lines began. However, the bottom line is that if they weren't selling well - they wouldn't be making these new/forthcoming figures/vehicles. Even if they're tough to find @ retail, you can still find them online.
                Any toy line could get cancelled for any reason or another, and no one knows the true numbers until the companies decide to disclose that info!...
                However if you look at the recent tooling, campaigning, and publishing invested in MOTU, and in the Origins and the Masterverse lines specifically, I don't think it's logical for those lines to get cancelled in April 23 based on a note that was given to the big box retailers back in October 22!!!​

I can see things get shifted, rebranded, and whatnot, but cancelled?! I don't think so, especially based on a rumor from a washed up guy like that dude with that kinda ****ed up history!

Comment

• Mechanizor
                  Mechlord of Cyborgia
                  • Dec 2013

BTW, I just saw an Org member posting this, so much for MOTU being a dead property by April:

Name:	ME15WHVW_o.png
Views:	392
Size:	765.1 KB
ID:	58758

Comment

• man-e-faces
                    Heroic Warrior
                    • Aug 2021

Yes, anyone that believes the MOTU Origins & Masterverse lines are doing poorly sales-wise are definitely not paying attention. Just because you may see some figures not selling that well in stores - overall many of the toys sell through (the Origins Wave 7 fiasco notwithstanding). And, seeing (or not seeing) toys on shelves these days is not necessarily a good indication of how well a line is selling, anyway - given that so many people order online-only these days & don't even buy toys from brick & mortar stores at all (I do both, however).

Conversely, for an example of an MOTU line that did very poorly & was cancelled after about 1 1/2 years - look no further than the the underrated MOTU 200X line. This did have problems from the beginning - and IMHO it was fairly obvious that this line wasn't doing well early on. I.e.:

-Extremely poor distribution for most of the figures people would want, i.e. Ram-Man; Trap Jaw; Tri-klops; Evil Lyn; Snake-man; etc;
                    -Pegs warming with the plethora of He-man/Skeletor variants/re-paints - some of which were execrable;
                    -Vehicles that were completely different from the Vintage versions; etc.

And, 20+ years ago (when that line was originally out) online ordering wasn't the "thing" it is now, so what was seen on shelves was probably a good indication of how badly (or well) a toy line was doing ATT.

Comment

• Mechanizor
                      Mechlord of Cyborgia
                      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by man-e-faces View Post
                      Yes, anyone that believes the MOTU Origins & Masterverse lines are doing poorly sales-wise are definitely not paying attention. Just because you may see some figures not selling that well in stores - overall many of the toys sell through (the Origins Wave 7 fiasco notwithstanding). And, seeing (or not seeing) toys on shelves these days may not be a good indication of how well a line is selling, anyway - given that so many people order online-only these days & don't even buy toys from brick & mortar stores (I do both, however).

Conversely, the underrated MOTU 200X line did have problems from the beginning - and IMHO it was fairly obvious that this line wasn't doing well. Poor distribution for most of the figures people would want, i.e. Ram-Man; Trap Jaw; Tri-klops; Evil Lyn; Snake-man; etc; pegs warming with the plethora of He-man/Skeletor variants/re-paints; vehicles that were completely different from the Vintage versions; etc. And, 20+ years ago (when that line was originally out) online ordering wasn't the "thing" it is now, so what was seen on shelves was probably a good indication of how badly (or well) a toy line was doing ATT.
                      We might see a lot of adult focused toy brands not just MOTU switching from retail to the online market these days, it just makes sense and it saves a lot overspending and unnecessarily overproduction costs by eliminating the middleman (retail) while retaining the longevity of the lines.

Also by using the made-to-order/pre-order model on a bunch of sizable and risky retail units, companies might be able to guarantee sales without worrying too much about losing or overproducing...

Comment

• Mechanizor
                        Mechlord of Cyborgia
                        • Dec 2013

So now this TG guy is claiming in this video of his that MOTU might get featured in a "Mattel Classics" line after the demise of the current MOTU lines (at retail), of course this won't be presented without inflating his own ego for the millionth times by mentioning what he's done for the brand during the Classics era, sigh:

Is he trolling people again, or has an inside info, or just playing Toy-Stradamus with his tiny glass marbles?

Comment

• MIDOR
                          Heroic Warrior
                          • Jan 2014

I saw that. Almost posted it.

I guess I missed the meeting and the memo about this Mattel Classics site.

Comment

• Mechanizor
                            Mechlord of Cyborgia
                            • Dec 2013

Probably he was basing it on this old news:
                            https://toyhabits.com/masters-of-the-universe-character-trademark-renewal-speculation/

Name:	Mattel-Inc-USPTO-Trademark-and-Patent-Filings.jpg?resize=768%2C494&ssl=1.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	58987

Name:	Mattel-NEO-Classics-Trademark-Application-Filing.jpg?resize=1024%2C330&ssl=1.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	58988

New figure reveals and speculation has always been a cornerstone at Toy Habits and we are always looking for sources to see what might be coming down the pipeline next! One place to look are Mattel’s trademark renewals as there are character names that have been renewed in the last year that have had figure reveals so it’s exciting to see what Mattel might be up to! So let’s take a look at MOTU Character Trademark Renewals that could be made into figures down the line!

November 11, 2022 UPDATE: NEO-CLASSICS Tradmark application

Today, Mattel filed for the trademark “NEO-CLASSICS” and we are unsure what brand this might be attached to, it’s amazing to think that a newer version of the Masters of the Universe Classics line could be coming! WE know it’s a pipe dream but it’s good to keep tabs on these trademarks as they could amount to something in the future.

Comment

• Andy
                              Drew-Man
                              • Aug 2014

I thought Matt Mason and Co were to be the neo-classics line. I don't see he-man becoming a part of that line. Some Walmarts like my own are still phasing new MotU SKU and product for the next month at least. There's still leaked products shown to last retail at least through April. Even if twinkletwat is somewhat in the know, it can't just end in April. I could see it going to online and continuing there but I doubt it's just ending

Comment

• Mechanizor
                                Mechlord of Cyborgia
                                • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                                I thought Matt Mason and Co were to be the neo-classics line. I don't see he-man becoming a part of that line. Some Walmarts like my own are still phasing new MotU SKU and product for the next month at least. There's still leaked products shown to last retail at least through April. Even if twinkletwat is somewhat in the know, it can't just end in April. I could see it going to online and continuing there but I doubt it's just ending
                                That's what I've mentioned as well in one of my posts in this thread... Online transitioning could happen to a bunch of the adult focused brands, not just MOTU... Big box retail isn't always where toys and specialty toys should be at!...

2023 ins't like 1995 or 1985 anymore! Geeks like us who grew up in the 70's 80's and 90's don't shop for toys like when we were kids anymore (very few do but most don't), and today's kids don't appreciate toys like we did decades ago, where video games, tablets and smartphone consume most of their leisure and daily routine time... The old IP focused toy market these days is like the comic book market, and big corporations understand that vert well (At least I hope they do!)

Comment

• man-e-faces
                                  man-e-faces commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Yes, I agree with all of this 100%. Adults certainly make up the bulk of those who collect toys these days. Most kids growing up now don't seem interested in toy collecting the way kids did who grew up in the '70's - '90's. I myself am an '80's kid, so well remember the "golden age" of toys back in the day. During that time, if you didn't find the item(s) in stores - you were typically out of luck. Going along with this, many retail stores had shelves dedicated to toy lines.

Conversely, these days stores have limited shelf space for toylines & online ordering is huge. So, most collectors go the online route exclusively. Yes - I sometimes hunt for toys in stores, but only when I'm already out shopping for something else, etc. My days of driving all over town looking for certain collectibles/toys @ retail stores is long in the past. I do agree it's easier to find new product online, though sometimes it's more expensive that way.
                              • Mechanizor
                                Mechlord of Cyborgia
                                • Dec 2013

Scott pretty much made a fool of himself in this livestream:

Comment

• Croc-O-Bite!
                                  Croc-O-Bite! commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Just THIS livestream?
                              • Y2Greg
                                Nostalgic Eternian
                                • Dec 2013

We're less than one month until April!

Comment

• Croc-O-Bite!
                                  Croc-O-Bite! commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Yup, but don’t worry I’ve heard from a “very reputable” YouTuber that a new toy company Spector Toys will secure the licensing rights from Hallmark in April and immediately start releasing superior action figures with a return of the fan favourite bios (spelling mistakes and all) on the back of the packaging!
                                  Stay tuned, the figure roadmap will be Spectacular!!!

• Andy
                                  Andy commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Also new for 2023 the life size Spectormobile, Spectorcopter, Spector Battle Mount Dildo, and Spector Cosmic Fairy Wand..

• Mechanizor
                                  Mechanizor commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  You guys are awful, you made me choke on my drink!...
                              • Mechanizor
                                Mechlord of Cyborgia
                                • Dec 2013

And now he’s back peddling on his claim saying that he had a memo from Mattel in October that the lines were dead! 😂
                                And the idiots who follow him still believe his crap:

Comment

• Croc-O-Bite!
                                  Filmation sucks
                                  • Dec 2013

How the **** would that loser get his hands on a Mattel memo?

The effort he’s gone to through his YouTube videos to try and damage MOTU sales has got to make him persona non grata to Mattel. And that’s not even taking into account his disgusting personality that’s got to be a turn off to any Mattel employee, on top of his bull shit claims….

If they have that influencer marketing guy sending stuff with NDA’s to guys like Analog Toys, they’ve got to at least know that shitstain is out there on YouTube proclaiming the death of MOTU for basically just as long as Origins has existed.

I just ate, so no ****ing way I’m watching that video you posted Mech…. Did he have a copy of this memo, or is it conveniently off camera?

Man, if that photo in the screenshot is real, I wish they could have sent some of those $1 Origins figures up here

Comment

• Mechanizor
                                    Mechanizor commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    No memo was shown, and I think he’s lying. Because he said that he could’ve miss-interpreted it.
                                    First of all, I think he now lives on the east coast, and Mattel is in California, so if he got a memo from Mattel as he claims, it had to be via a text, or a direct message or an email, unless it was a phone call. Or he was just making it up.

• Andy
                                    Andy commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Scott make shit up?!? No way man, if the nuttlickers say it's true then it's gotta be true. Just ask classics flocked Panthor or Stinkor's reversed forearms <sarcasm>

• Mechanizor
                                    Mechanizor commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Andy, you could be right about the possibility that he's been presented with the false info on purpose to dismiss him as a reliable source.

However, he should be an absolute moron if he didn't consider that possibility himself before making his claims in public, especially after the history he's had in the toy industry!
                                • Mechanizor
                                  Mechlord of Cyborgia
                                  • Dec 2013

He's not giving up, is he:

Comment

• Black Zodac
                                    Black Zodac commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    I was never a fan of the mini figures. If it is actually done, I could care less. I don't think it really appealed to kids like Scott suggests.
                                • Croc-O-Bite!
                                  Filmation sucks
                                  • Dec 2013

Oh, so shitstain was talking about the minis all this time.

We should have known, after all he’s never, EVER been wrong before.

That mysterious Mattel memo only he can see must have had a typo. Let’s all give him a mulligan on that one, he deserves the benefit of the doubt…..

Comment

• Mechanizor
                                    Mechanizor commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    He just likes to make stupid videos for views to pay the bills, regardless of what he really thinks about the validity of the content in his head.

After all, he's a marketing douchebag and that's his forte, selling BS.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X