Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Subscriptions and Mini-Subs: Are you in for 2015?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subscriptions and Mini-Subs: Are you in for 2015?

It may be too early to know. Maybe you want to see what's in store for the rest of the year, but I would imagine some have already decided for various reasons.

Are you going to purchase a 2015 MOTUC sub later this year? Or have you had your fill of being overcharged with shipping and being stuck with unwanted figures? And what if they announce a Mini-Sub like they did last year, Will you take the plunge? Tell us why you will or will not get any subs.

Yes, I'll take the plunge. Although the toyline is winding down, there's no point in stopping now.

Also I don't really have a problem with the filler material since I want the line to expand, I'm not stuck on vintage stuff only. Sure I may hate Dekker like there's no tomorrow, but I'd rather buy all of the figures at the Matty price, instead of spending $60-80 for a single figure and potentially pay even more in international S&H fees on eBay. Why waste $80+ on a single figure when I could get at least 2 for that same price and have a complete collection instead?

Comment

The future is not set in stone for me, but as of now I plan on buying one 2015 subscription. The deciding factor for me will be based on what figures they have in store for us that year. I love the NA figures, so if they did showcase a New Adventures mini-sub, I would buy one.
      "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

I will buy 1 Filmation sub. And I'd be down for another Filmation sub. POP I'm on the fence with. A big hell no to an NA sub. If they presented me with an NA sub it'd just be appalling to me as a MOTU fan. Don't give me this crap about an all inclusive line. Nobody would care if NA was off that list. A few/loud fans would but that's it. Sorry...not really.

Comment

I will buy a subscription. Like Wintor, I'm into this line for the expansion, so I would've preferred the original roadmap with all the obscure characters and concept figures, blah blah, but I also consider the PoP and NA figures as an expansion, since they were not legitimately part of the original MotU toyline, and now that most of the vintage figures have been made, I hope they'll bulk up those other factions (and maybe squeeze in a few more odd-balls [hey, that's a great name for a new character: ODD-BALLZ - Evil Master of... nevermind]).

Comment

I'm in will be until it;s all done. Depending on some factors the only thing I could imagine contemplating is maybe reducing the amount of subs...

Comment

I have been a double completist - MOC and opened - since day 1. No point changing that now. Might as well get at least 2 subs for 2015 and whatever mini subs there will be. I am not a huge fan of NA and Acala, but the expand the line and keeps those fans engaged so that is good. I'm hoping to complete the Horde and PoP.
              “Censorship always defeats it own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion." ― Henry Steele Commager

Comment

Now, now.. lets not start calling fellow world members conformists. Some of us want the convenience of getting all the figures every month without the hassle of DOS and ebay mark-ups. We are all suffering from Mattel's nonsense whether we are cherry pickers or sub holders.

Comment

• Pinch
                  Pinch commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah I don't want he hassle of paying double on some figures. The ones I don't want I can sell. I've sold most of the 2014 stuff so that I've wanted to. Still need to sell 2 Hydron figures & 1 Flutterina.

• Novelty
                  Novelty commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, why be stupid and pay double the price of a figure from a reseller when I can pay the normal price by getting a subscription? The sub works for me since I'm a completist.

• Nemisythe
                  Nemisythe commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Despite most issues we still get the figures (unless you're cherry picking) and for that I feel ya pain but for the most part you're welcome for getting figures you want by me subbing and investing blindly! at the end of the day I have a pretty amazing collection and I could care less what Scott and any dept staff say or do until it stops my collection.

I'm in for the 2015 sub and the POP mini. My issues with the line aside, I want to complete my collection.

Comment

Time well tell. I won't just buy into a sub blindly.
                  “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

Originally posted by Robzilla View Post
                    ...and the POP mini.
                    Has a POP mini sub been confirmed yet?

Comment

• Pinch
                      Pinch commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I was wondering the same thing. I wish Filmation would get a continuation sub.

• Croc-O-Bite!
                      Croc-O-Bite! commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm with you Pinch. Still plenty of Filmation characters I wouldn't mind, plus if it's Filmation, it can still include POP.
                      ...But if it is POP only, then that would at least give my wallet a break. Not interested, even if I do re-sell most of them.
                      And most importantly, that would give POP fans 6 figures out side of the regular sub, then maybe that makes room for a figure like Prahvus in the regular line. Either way works.

• Robzilla
                      Robzilla commented
                      Editing a comment
                      A lot of those in the know have said it's going to be a POP sub. Time will tell, but I tend to believe those who demonstrate a good track record with these things.

I've already planned on subbing for 2015. I have a buyer lined up for the POP stuff I don't want, as well as any NA (mostly Galactic Protectors) I'm not interested in. So I feel I'm safe no matter what is released.
                    And if an upcoming mini-sub is a faction I'm interested in, I'll take the plunge on that too.

Comment

As long as it isn't a "Concepts of Brand Managers and DC Comics Artists" mini-sub, I'm in.

Comment

I'm in. There is a rumor the mini sub this year is gonna be PoP and I am definitely down for that. As for next year I am in. And I will also hope for another mini sub for next year focused on NA. NA really needs some love and that will be the only sub I ever buy two of.
                        By the Power of Eternia! I want a Club Primus!

Comment

• Novelty
                          Novelty commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I hope you get your NA sub at some point. Maybe in 2015 or 2016!

I'm sticking to this line until hell freezes over - or it ends, which is likely to come first. Collecting this line is one of my few indulgences, and I LOVE looking at my collection. It makes me very happy to have so much COLOR in my room. I love getting a new figure every month, even if it's one I'm not very excited about. I'm really going to miss it like mad when this line stop coming out every month. This is my most favorite toy line EVER. The POP characters, especially, mean a LOT to me, and having them in plastic are another reminder of the wonderful lessons I learned from the cartoon as a child, and a reminder to appreciate the beauty around me and be a little kinder to those I interact with.

Comment

• Novelty
                          Novelty commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I will miss your monthly videos once this line is over. I can't believe over the course of the line you have moved and changed jobs and so much more. Good times!

• Kevenn
                          Kevenn commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks, Novelty!

Depends on if they play more "No DOS" games this year, and if the exclusive figure is worth it. I subbed for 2013, but didn't sub this year because they held Fang Man and Clamp Champ hostage for non-sub holders (a low blow to those who pick and choose, or not financially able to commit to all the figures), and wouldn't reveal what Unnamed One looks like.

If they do a second sub in 2014, it's a sign that MOTUC is yet again *not* in trouble (what businessman allocates more resources to a sinking ship?) and how low they'll go to spin that will determine whether they have guaranteed sales for a year from me.

I of course want most of them, if not all, someday... but I've been around the toy-collecting block enough times to know that when a line ends, no one cares anymore and dumps their collection for cheap- I'll fill in the holes then, rather than reward dishonest salesmanship with my CC number for another year.
                        “What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."― Salman Rushdie

Comment

I plan on being in for at least two.

Comment

Originally posted by Y2Greg View Post
                            As long as it isn't a "Concepts of Brand Managers and DC Comics Artists" mini-sub, I'm in.
                            Right there with you.
                            “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
                            Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

Never have subbed before, always sort of enjoyed the thrill of the hunt on sale day. Now that day-of sales are dead in most respects the line is essentially over for me personally. I do hope the line continues for those interested in subbing, but those price increases have to be deterring some.

Comment

Still undecided on the whole thing. Cost is going to be the main factor.

Comment

Originally posted by paulioscorchio View Post
                                  Still undecided on the whole thing. Cost is going to be the main factor.
                                  The same here. Also I want to know the first few reveals before I commit to another Lieguru sub! Money is very tight these days especially when I have other favorite brand and hobbies I seriously need to budget for.

Comment

• Novelty
                                    Novelty commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    What is the Anti-Guru way? And sadly he will only announce the first 4 or 5 figs in the sub at SDCC. He always does

If he's smart, he will reveal most of the line-up. All he's got to do is tell the fans that the line up will not change, but the chance of a figure being pushed back or delayed is always a possibility. Since we are so close to the end, I think it would be a nice gesture to announce the figures from January to October 2015 at the very least. Since we are allegedly getting just A listers, I don't see the risk of letting the fans know what's to come. It would probably help sub sales at this point.

If he wants to have reveals for cons, he can do it with small vehicles, random stuff, etc.
                                  Last edited by Anti-Guru; 02-11-2014, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anti-Guru View Post
                                    If he's smart, he will reveal most of the line-up. All he's got to do is tell the fans that the line up will not change, but the chance of a figure being pushed back or delayed is always a possibility. Since we are so close to the end, I think it would be a nice gesture to announce the figures from January to October 2015 at the very least. Since we are allegedly getting just A listers, I don't see the risk of letting the fans know what's to come. It would probably help sub sales at this point.

If he wants to have reveals for cons, he can do it with small vehicles, random stuff, etc.
                                    Well, lying and concealing the truth is TG's strategy to stretch out the line with crap and sneak in his own concept and favorite figures and items. And if he reveals most of the sub, it might work against him or against his dreadful agenda! So I don't know if he would take such a chance!

Comment

• Anti-Guru
                                      Anti-Guru commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      It's wishful thinking on my part. A real love letter to the fans would be a well deserved break from his bullshlit, and just give us a full year of truth, justice, and the anti-guru way.

• Mechanizor
                                      Mechanizor commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      It's probably easier to wish for a Jet-Sled drops on his head and takes him out of commission! Not that I like Eternian violence...

I'll buy whatever as I'm a completist. I just hope the whole line ends soon.
                                    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

If the mini-sub for 2014 is POP/Filmation, I'm most likely in. After this year, I am leaning heavily toward dropping the line.
                                      Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X