February: Glimmer & Modulok arrival thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February: Glimmer & Modulok arrival thread

Got my renewal email, that's a good sign.

My subs page says due for renewal in 1 week. I don't reliably get either sub reminders/sub confirmations or tracking emails anymore, for whatever reason. Has been hit or miss since at least August of '13. Everything has gone through fine, mind you, I'm just not always get notified...
    Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

And STILL no Modulok or Glimmer preview by Pixel Dan !?! Could there be something wrong with these figures !? (Yes, for Glimmer, we already know there's actually something wrong with the crotch piece : the weird skirt/leotard thing)... Seems like Neitlich tries very hard to hide figures until the very last moment, and this doesn't please me at all !

Comment

Originally posted by Widukind View Post
        And STILL no Modulok or Glimmer preview by Pixel Dan !?! Could there be something wrong with these figures !?
        Dan is just a little busy at the moment

http://pixel-dan.com/hey-guys-im-pixel-dad/
        "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Atkin View Post

Dan is just a little busy at the moment

http://pixel-dan.com/hey-guys-im-pixel-dad/
          Good for him that he became a dad ! Personally, I may pass on many figures if Dan doesn't preview MOTUC items for a while... I don't like to buy blindly, especially with the kind of QC issues MOTUC has.
          Last edited by Widukind; 02-05-2014, 10:28 PM.

Comment

I didn't realize Modulok was coming so early. 2 figures plus the Mini Masters. Sounds like a great month.

Comment

Looking forward to modulok, even without a review. Glimmer on the other hand may be going up for sell.

Comment

I'm super excited this month. Glimmer AND Modulok!

Edit: And pardon my vanity, but post 100!
                Last edited by Novelty; 02-06-2014, 12:04 AM. Reason: Post 100!
                “Censorship always defeats it own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion." ― Henry Steele Commager

Comment

When you become a father, your entire life changes.

Comment

• Robzilla
                    Robzilla commented
                    Editing a comment
                    As well as priorities.

• Battle Ram Man
                    Battle Ram Man commented
                    Editing a comment
                    When you're a new dad, you're usually running on a few hours sleep a night. At least I did.

I've been looking forward to Glimmer ever since I heard she was being released. Modulok I'm kinda on the fence about. He was never one of my favorite characters. I might sell him.

Comment

Modulok was never one of my favorite characters either, but I've come to regard him as an essential part of the Horde. While his character as a collection of evil body parts does nothing for me, I think of him more as a bit of a shape shifter, able to morph his body into different combinations (extra head, legs, etc.)

Comment

Still waiting for my shipping notice, but I don't think I'll see it until the end of next week or so... Modulok looks awesome, the 4HM did him well, and I need to buy one extra copy of him for sure.

Comment

I have been charged, finally. No heads up email prior to today, no invoice email as yet.

Comment

I've been charged as well, and I think I'll be getting my shipping notice this weekend.

Comment

I got my renewal notice today, and with my last shipment of Two Bad I had him in less than a week after it renewed. So hopefully I'll have mine by next Monday or Tuesday. I can't wait to see Glimmer, and with the inclusion of Modulok I only need Scorpia to complete my Horde collection.

Comment

Eep, renewal notice today! 3 each of Glimmer and Modulok done!
                              “Censorship always defeats it own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion." ― Henry Steele Commager

Comment

Surprisingly, I just got my shipping email, and the package should be arriving this Friday, but through Fedex! (Again? I thought I signed up for UPS!!!)

Comment

• Robzilla
                                  Robzilla commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  They dropped UPS, which I'm actually ok with. I notice I get my shipments quicker and with less hassle with Fed Ex.

Invoiced, not shipped. This is typical, as I use snail mail. Wish I'd known they dropped UPS, I'd have signed up for FedEx.

Comment

My figures are heading off on its trip across the US. I hope it makes it scheduled stop at Anchorage... tomorrow

Comment

Dan had (and Scott confirmed a while back IIRC) that they didn't get samples in time to ship to reviewers.

Comment

Just got my Two Bad today.
                                      "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

It seems that Glimmer didn't get Loo-Kee and Kowl included. Guess we'll find out more on Sunday!

Comment

Originally posted by MegaGearMax View Post
                                          It seems that Glimmer didn't get Loo-Kee and Kowl included.
                                          They are already losing their shirts by doing a state of the art "skirt" on the figure, because everyone knows that it's impossible to translate the 4HM's prototype into a production figure. Be grateful that you're getting Glimmer, these are just toys!
                                          “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

• Anti-Guru
                                            Anti-Guru commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            LOL! please tell me this was you being cynical.

• barrasco
                                            barrasco commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            Sorry, I thought this was April 1st.

In reality I just wanted to see how it feels to say things like that... and it just feels stupid.
                                          “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

I just opened up Modulok, and the joints seem to be flexible/soft enough to minimize breakage in the future. Awesome figure and a lot of fun to assemble, however I wish they've included another torso/hip piece to create two separate figures!

I'll try to get another one on the DOS although it's a little overpriced IMO.

Comment

• Dark Angel
                                              Dark Angel commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              PICTURES!

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X