2014 Club Etheria: Are you in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Club Etheria: Are you in?

A whole lot of POP madness this year. Are you excited, or do you wish you never started collecting these figures? Discuss.

I wasn't planning on getting this, but I like Light Hope.

Like you all know, no sub for me... ever !

But I'll buy the figures that look good and that are done properly, with decent quality.

Right now, Entrapta would get my vote... but we all know it's wiser to wait for the final product and the preview before we take any hasty decision.

Comment

I'm not a POP fan, so I'm not signing up for this sub.
      I'm glad for the POP fans that want this, and also glad I can avoid all these POP characters in one mini-sub.
      ....Although I will get a Light Hope figure. I think he looks cool, so I'll add him to a MOTUC shelf somewhere. Too bad for me he's a sub-only figure, making him a more expensive figure to obtain on the secondary market.

Comment

• Widukind
        Widukind commented
        Editing a comment
        Good, but I think you need to start praying right now that Light Hope's translucent plastic doesn't shatter like the previous MOTUC figures with translucent plastic (Green Goddess, Roboto but also Fearless Photog's cracking lens).

• Croc-O-Bite!
        Croc-O-Bite! commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, but I can't help myself. I've always been a sucker for translucent figures. I wish I knew why.... but I'm sure once the MOTUC figures you've mentioned do break on me I'll be cured of my fascination of translucent figures.

Just finding out that this sub will have a total of 7 figures.

Comment

Most likely I won't because I'm not into POP, however I'm interested in Light-Hope and Double-Trouble if I find them reasonable on the secondary market.

Comment

Got to admit, I like it! And that light hope figure, whilst nothing like light hope, is a killer figure!!

Maybe, it's because it reminds me of a certain avatar!!!

Comment

I think of Light Hope as just a Crystal Castleman... but he will make a nice addition to the POP section of my collection.

Comment

• Novelty
              Novelty commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice name, Crystal Castle man. At least he's not all pink, but the nice translucent pink plastic is a good design call.

Yeah, I'm in.
            "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

Well I enjoy the entire line so consider myself in!

6 figures which include the sub exclusive and it helps fulfill the wants and needs of many POPperz (and knocks off a lot of the vintage list)!

(Light Hope-Sub Exclusive) with...

1. Double Mischief
              2. Madam Razz n Broom
              3. Entrapta
              4. Sweet Bee
              5. ????????
              6. Mermista(?) (possible 30 pack)

I may even add an extra order to my normal amount.

Comment

It just goes to show you that Neitlich knows what kind of figures fans like, which is why Light Hope was made the sub draw. He knows damn well that the UNO is a piece of crap, which is why he still continues to keep it a secret... even though the secret is out, go figure.

Comment

• Y2Greg
                  Y2Greg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ya, I don't see how revealing Dorko last summer would have helped. It was a calculated move. Draego-Man was a nice sub lure for the 30th, as Light Hope will be for the POP sub.

I'm gonna sub. Double Trouble is one my most wanted remaining. Entrapta looks really good to me too.

Comment

Totally in. They had me at Entrapta, and Light Hope looks really cool. Razz isn't my thing, and I'll probably sell Double Trouble as she doesn't look great to me. Sweet Bee is also a pass, but with two more slots to reveal I'm hopeful. I'm guessing Mermista will be the $30 figure, and we will probably see either Spinerella or Perfuma as the other slot.

Comment

I'm OK with Razz and I hope Lighthope will have some sort of cardboard cutout to represent the Filmation version of him, but I'm in for 2 subs as usual.
                    “Censorship always defeats it own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion." ― Henry Steele Commager

Comment

I'm in for one. Light Hope is an interesting design choice and total sub lure. I wonder why they kept Double Trouble's helmet so large since they don't have to worry about the action feature? She would be a win if they had slimmed it down a bit. The helmet solidifies that Sweet Bee will have her Filmation look, which means that is most likely how we will get Angela. Glad for those that are Filmation fans, but I find some of the cartoon looks boring compared to the original figures

Comment

This is awesome news for PoP fans yes? I would have liked to get this (Light Hope looks great!) but I just lost my job so all my toy collecting has come to a screeching halt.

Comment

• Captain Atkin
                          Captain Atkin commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Sorry to hear that. Hope things pick up soon for you.

Nope, I have never subbed and never will. Though I do find it amusing that once again the all included sub we get shoved down our throats each year never has all the figures it's meant to. As for dos of these yeah I doubt they'll even make it to that due to sell out * wink wink*

Comment

I'm in. Wanted Razz and Entrapta, Double Trouble is icing and I really dig Light Hope. After these announcements, I only want/need Angella.
                          Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

I just watched Pixel Dan's walkthrough. So if the POP sub doesn't go through, they'll move those figures as the first six figures of 2015.

The line will be DOA if that happens

Comment

• Anti-Guru
                              Anti-Guru commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Oh absolutely, The first six months of all POP is not something many fans will want. But I think the POP sub will sell like hot cakes.

Pixel Dan's video walkthrough almost convinced me to buy an extra sub. I have to tell myself I don't need an extra Castaspella or Razz or village girl from episode #13 I'll kick myself in the foot if the $30 figure is Granita.
                            “Censorship always defeats it own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion." ― Henry Steele Commager

Comment

Well, I just took the plunge. Here's to 7 more low quality adult collector figures.

Comment

• Draego-Man
                                Draego-Man commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Lol!!! I just bought my sub as well.

• Mechanizor
                                Mechanizor commented
                                Editing a comment
                                You guys are hilarious, and I'm sure TG will be laughing his off yelling SUCKERS if ever sees your posts here! LOL

It looks like they designed the new Double Trouble figure to have the same rotating "Man-E-Faces" style head that the original had. Design wise, I think that this was a mistake, as the figure looks like she has no jaw at all, and the helmet looks way too big. I think that most fans would have preferred two seperate heads that could be switched back and forth, with a smaller helmet. The smaller helmet given to her in the mini comics and books would have looked much better.

Another major issue with this figure is that she doesn't come with a snap on Horde emblem. One was designed for Shield Maiden Sherrilyn that could have easily been used on this figure.

The official Mattel photos for Double Mischief appear to have added shadow under the jaw with photoshop to make the figure look more attractive to potential buyers. However, the photos taken at the convention by the Fwoosh show that she has no jaw at all!

"We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

• JimPansen
                                JimPansen commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I guess the first pic is the proto and the second from the final figure.

• Mechanizor
                                Mechanizor commented
                                Editing a comment
                                WOW, now that's pretty bad! Probably they'd fix her by the time she gets released...

• Widukind
                                Widukind commented
                                Editing a comment
                                One more flawed POP figure ! Who's next ?

I see what you mean... WOW!

Even the neck piece was dumbed down.

Once again we have an action feature taking precidence over aesthetics in our MOTUC adult collector line.
                              Last edited by Anti-Guru; 02-17-2014, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Yeah, this is really stupid. How hard would it have been to do two heads? Even if the head went in bald and then the helmet/hair attached to that to cut costs. Who cares about a dumb action feature. This decision basically ruined the figure. Another woman that looks like a dude.
                                "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

They actually could have made her look great and still have the action feature, but with Ruben at the helm... it just wasn't in the cards I guess. And if you compare the two, the production one lost some paint apps. SHOCKER!

Comment

Ruben screwed up yet another vintage figure, since we saw in the walkthrough that Double Trouble/Mischief is the production sample ! PLEASE fire this guy !

In the walkthrough video, LIEguru stated that the December Etheria sub figure will be more expensive because she has more unique features, ans will cost $30. I bet you that it's Mermista (2 lower pieces : one human, the other mermaid/fish)...

Comment

• Anti-Guru
                                      Anti-Guru commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      The December figure is Mermaid Disguise John Spector with Prismatic Time Portal. He wasn't in the cartoon but who gives a crap.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X