Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Novelty
    replied
    It got 97% and it's going to be produced. No reason to worry boys and girls. We knew there was no danger of it not going forward the day it was announced. We have been through Trollguru's scare tactics so often hat I'm more or less immured to it

Leave a comment:

• perim
    commented on 's reply
    I was wondering. Went back, checked my invoice for the subscription, see $50 plus 10.29 for shipping. So I wait for July and the first figure.

• darkhawk411
    commented on 's reply
    It's not $20 for the fig and $40 for shipping. It's $25 for the fig and anywhere from $10-$15 for shipping. That makes one figure cost between $)35-$40. This is if you're in the states it's more if you're international.

• Mechanizor
    replied
    Originally posted by Anti-Guru View Post
    From Toy Hype USA:

Toyguru confirmed that Club Etheria is still less than 100% of the quota they need to begin production. If this mini subscription does not go through, then all of the vintage POP characters will not be released in Classics. Help support this subscription and future subscriptions like this (Filmation, etc.) by supporting this one.

LOL! Whatever.
    http://www.toyhypeusa.com/
    Huh, this TG guy never cease to amaze me with his BS!!!
    The more anxious people are with their questions, the more fear mongering they will get!

Leave a comment:

• perim
    commented on 's reply
    I'm in shock. By your figures, 20+40 is nearly $60-70 per figure. I can manage it, but no WAY is that even reasonably close to fair shipping.

My God, what have I done?

• Anti-Guru
    replied
    From Toy Hype USA:

Toyguru confirmed that Club Etheria is still less than 100% of the quota they need to begin production. If this mini subscription does not go through, then all of the vintage POP characters will not be released in Classics. Help support this subscription and future subscriptions like this (Filmation, etc.) by supporting this one.

LOL! Whatever.
    http://www.toyhypeusa.com/

Leave a comment:

• Anti-Guru
    replied

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/8641051568

The above link confirms that Neitlich considers ALL remaining vintage characters "A list". So by this logic, no fan should have a reason to complain if the Etheria or Eternia sub contains even the most obscure or unpopular vintage figure and/or variant.

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/6751061568

Then this above link completely contradicts the first link. For someone that does nothing but lie, you'd think he'd be a pro at it.
    Last edited by Anti-Guru; 03-11-2014, 01:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Anti-Guru
    commented on 's reply
    Not sure what gave you that idea, but yeah... expect to pay nearly $40 or more for one $27 action figure after taxes and shipping. Regardless of what people think, Mattel DOES overcharge on shipping and in some cases will charge tax twice. This isn't just opinion or theoretical, it's fact. But it doesn't stop Neitlich or apologists from denying it.

• perim
    commented on 's reply
    I need to sit down then. I understood the most I would pay is ten dollars S&H for each figure, topping at $30 not including taxes. If this is true, then I've been ambushed and I am really REALLY not happy about it.

Live in Kentucky, so we will see what I have to pay.

• Mechanizor
    commented on 's reply
    It depends on where you live, in my case I pay at least $14.09 for a single figure and I live in the same state from where it ships, California! Then they charge me sales tax even on shipping, that's about $3.42, so in essence I end paying $42.51 for a $25.00 figure, go figure! ;-b

• perim
    replied
    Not a way to inspire confidence in the operation. Especially to the tune of $60. I know MattyCollector has had issues in the past, but are they really so persistent as to be worried?

Leave a comment:

• Novelty
    commented on 's reply
    Welcome to the club. Watch your credit card and your order status very very closely just in case you get overcharged or figures get shipped to the wrong address or whatever. Heh.

• perim
    replied
    My first subscription ever with MattyCollector.com. Really, I bit for Razz and Broom, since I remember them from Filmation and, starting in July, to have a shot at the MOTUC figures I missed. Did not realize I would be charged for the July figure on top of the sub, which kind of miffed me, but I guess I gotta learn the hard way. Ah well, I can afford $30 a month for now. Now, between now and then, I gotta get the cartoons and re-watch them again in order to appreciate what I am paying for!

Leave a comment:

• Anti-Guru
    replied
    That's why the fans should be careful with what they ask for.

Leave a comment:

• Mechanizor
    replied
    Originally posted by Draego-Man View Post
    This is hilarious. I have to say that on some level I hope the entire line fails. Then again, I really want to get all the vintage figures first.
    As I understand it, the MOTU vintage figures are guaranteed to sell well, so even if the entire line goes south, it'll be stupid for Mattel to stop releasing the vintage characters.

The whole concept of the "subscription" was created by the fans so they won't miss on their beloved characters, and TG just took advantage of it to guarantee the extra profit... It's all a marketing scam to lock people in, the more unpopular figures they sell by force, the better Mattel's profits. That's also why TG is pushing for the Son of He-Man era or whatever crap he can shove down people's throats.
    Last edited by Mechanizor; 03-07-2014, 08:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Draego-Man
    replied
    This is hilarious. I have to say that on some level I hope the entire line fails. Then again, I really want to get all the vintage figures first.

Leave a comment:

• MegaGearMax
    replied
    The fans have BEEN using scare tactics. THIS time, the shoe is on the other foot.

Usually, it's the Vintage Purists who threaten not to subscribe if there's too many POP, NA, 200X, etc.

NOW the POP fans don't want to subscribe if their most wanted figures (Angella and Mermista) are held back to 2016, which they fear will not happen.

Leave a comment:

• Mechanizor
    replied
    Originally posted by Anti-Guru View Post
    Many fans are threatening not to buy the 2015 sub if the POP sub doesn't go through. Even the fans are starting to use scare tactics.
    I'll be very surprised if any of the subs don't go through! Not to mention most of those who normally moan and bitch end up buying the subs while hiding their shivering tails behind their legs, and that's where Neitlich use his marketing powers to give you more crap through out the year to bitch even more until you ditch...

Leave a comment:

• Captain Atkin
    commented on 's reply
    Same as it ever was / same as it ever was / same as it ever was / same as it ever was.

• Anti-Guru
    replied
    Many fans are threatening not to buy the 2015 sub if the POP sub doesn't go through. Even the fans are starting to use scare tactics.

Leave a comment:

• paulioscorchio
    replied
    I'm in. Similar to NA, I like how the POP girls have been translated to Classics. That said. Double Trouble's head looks hideous.

Leave a comment:

• Anti-Guru
    replied
    Maybe we should start 8 or 9 Etheria sub support threads... so the word gets out.

Leave a comment:

• AdultCollector
    replied

I am super excited for Madame Razz! My #1 all time favorite wishlist figure. Already ordered my subscription and commissioned Chris Faccone for this supporting art.
    Last edited by AdultCollector; 03-04-2014, 01:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Battle Ram Man
    replied
    I'm not in. I'm not anti-POP or anything, but I have to limit my collection to those figures I'm most interested in

Leave a comment:

• Jsting
    replied
    Well im sure you guys know pop is not my favorite but that light hope figure! Man its what UNO should've been so i sold out and got the sub. Although most of those figures will be up for sell light hope will be my UNO.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X