12 Inch Vintage Line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 Inch Vintage Line?

Anyone see this? Would you buy large vintage figures?

Funny how no one on that other website has noticed that Skeletor has He-Man's arms, not his own.
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Yeah Scott said in the video it's a tester to see if there's any reactions or interest in this. I would say something like the way Gentle Giant handles the Star Wars figures. I am game for this and hope it's reasonably priced.

I think the He-man arms were thrown in to show they have already have some of the characters lined up if it gets an approved reaction and they go thru with it.

Comment

Not something I'd go for, but I applaud Mattel for trying to come up with different things that might get people's interest in the line.

Comment

Will these be done by Mattel in-house? I'm almost 100% certain that these will look awful...
        “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

As much as it pains me, I cannot support Scott Neitlich, who is MattyCollector, who is MOTUC. There is no way I am going on that Merry-Go-Round of Insanity again. Give the freakin license to Gentle Giant aka an actual professional line who doesn't troll their own customers.
          “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
          Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

I would buy He-Man, Skeletor, and Hordak. That's it. I don't have room for many of those in my collection.
            "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

I'd like to see how they turn out colored and in final prototype form, but I am definitely interested in these.

Comment

I'd probably do original 12 back (rather than 8 back), but that's it.
                "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

Originally posted by Nemisythe View Post
                  Yeah Scott said in the video it's a tester to see if there's any reactions or interest in this. I would say something like the way Gentle Giant handles the Star Wars figures. I am game for this and hope it's reasonably priced.

I think the He-man arms were thrown in to show they have already have some of the characters lined up if it gets an approved reaction and they go thru with it.
                  What video, could you post a link please?

Comment

I'd buy a 12 inch line.

Even at $70.

Comment

Originally posted by MIDOR View Post
                      I'd buy a 12 inch line.

Even at $70.
                      According to Scott, these figures if they ever make it to production, they're not going to be less than $70 each, he said anything between $70-$90, or it could even reach $100 a piece!
                      Goodluck...

Comment

I cannot sufficiently emphasize "no" enough without resorting to profanity.
                        Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

I'll down to buy these, but not for $80+, especially if they're hollow like we all know they will be. I've been looking for the similar size/style bootlegs from South America & Europe, in nice shape, for a few years now.

These guys have to understand, with this, the Mini-Masters, and the new Super Powers line too- the customers know how much reuse they've got at this point, so marking them up to a 500%+ profit margin just won't work this time, if they want to actually move units.
                          “What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."― Salman Rushdie

Comment

I would LOVE to get these giant size figures but with the Mattel money machine calling the shots we fans know we are in for a wallet lashing. Up to $100 a piece? Get a grip Matty.

Comment

70$ minimum!?!? What a rip-off!!!
                              “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

At that price range I'd probably just buy Skeletor and He-Man. Maybe Beast-Man and Man-At-Arms too, but that's it.

Comment

I hope they won't get made, because it'll be hard to say no to the evil warriors, especially Trap-Jaw!

Comment

Cool idea, but the price is ridiculous.
                                    Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

Comment

These things are cute, and if the mock up was painted (lazy Scott, really lazy) it would certainly give a better idea of what we can expect.

Honestly, between my 200X line (that I still display and appreciate) and my growing MOTUC, I just don't have the space. I enjoy having a large collection, but I don't need yet another MOTU toy format. I commited to buying MOTUC, and got screwed over by Mattel' lousy customer service. I said never again.

The price point is disgusting. $80? Mezco doesn't giant format 14'' figures for half that. There are even those 3 foot tall superheroes at TRU for less! Yes, yes I understand mass retail line, but come on?

$80 is insane for plastic, solid or not.
                                      Last edited by Sky Runner; 02-18-2014, 07:31 AM.

Comment

I don't know if they're really making money hand over fist on these. On one hand, this line is pretty popular with some fans. Many hard core vintage guys won't buy them on principle because of the cost. When you get them in your hands, they feel like they should be $40-50 or less. On the other, the main characters (luke, han, vader, feet, etc.) which everyone wants and pays $$$ for, are not freely available and most of last years releases were heavily discounted at a number of online shops. So basically, maybe they did amazing numbers on Fetts and Vaders but not so much on the lesser known characters. Here in Europe these are imports (as are the 30" figures) and shelf warmers because of their size and shipping prices, they're sold for a huge markup, and stores simply don't order more than one or two, or any. One of my local shops has a bunch of these for almost 150euro and the 30" figures for 90euros each, for over a year now. If they don't go back to do reissues of the main guys, I can't see that line continuing. And I can't see many fans beyond myself getting really excited for jumbo vintage MOTU figures, and I would only buy a few, like Skeletor, Beast Man, He-Man, Teela… I mean, I'd love to get them, but they should really look at what people are *actually paying* for the vintage MOTU jumbos and base it around that, those are the guys who are going to be all over these, but not for really more than $50 a piece.
                                        “What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."― Salman Rushdie

Comment

I made a thread about the idea of continuing the vintage line where it left off, but I can't seem to find it. But... I think it would be a better idea than these 12" monstrosities. Since most vintage MOTU figures are relatively easy to find, I wouldn't remake the vintage figures... but just a continuation with all new variants and original characters. Naturally the line would need a version of He-Man, Skeletor, Teela, etc., so how about a Pre-Eternia version, all new design, but in the vintage style. If they want to take the line into space or the future, they can take the NA formula and convert that to the vintage style. Take some classics figures and make them vintage too, like The Mighty Spector LOL! ... but you get the idea. There are so many possibilities, but will remain missed opportunities.

Comment

Not me....nothing makes these things scream $70....

I can get Leader Class Transformers for $45 and they actually do more than just stand there and swing punches at the waist. And for $100....I can get Hasbro MP Transformers and things like the 24" Metroplex....sorry, not paying $70 - $100 for this thing, and I pay $80 for the MP Bot cars....

If it was a 12" super detailed MOTUC figure, fully articulated and all....I'd likely buy He-Man and Skeletor....but still not for $70 a piece....I don't give a damn if they're rotocast or solid....at a 12" scale like this....they're not likely for kids anyway....make them rotocast....$50....bam.
                                          Last edited by shadowfall1976; 02-20-2014, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X