Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rio's Visor to be Removed from final product?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rio's Visor to be Removed from final product?!?!?!

Someone asked why the visor was now being shown when Scooter was saying it wasn't made or included.

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/5481006368

Scooter answered by saying "I'm actually not 100% if the visor piece will be included."

This is an outrageous response! Of course it should and MUST be included. It is a fundamental component of this figure. They can't possibly cheap out on this given that it was sculpted. What a bloody smack in the face to the fans that would be. Yet another classless move by this company and brand manager.

NO VISOR, WE RIOT!!!
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

That would be ridiculous. Part of the reason that the visor was there on the original figure was to keep the guns balanced when they were placed over his shoulders. It is an iconic part of the character. It is too important to leave off of the final design.

"We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

And how we suppose to riot, by asking for a refund?

Comment

Just changing the expression "No Rio, We Riot" that many fans have been using in calling for Rio Blast to be made.

If he's gonna be made, he needs to be done properly without shortcuts. No excuses.
        "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

It's pretty easy to let Matty know this is unnacceptable- there are a few easy ways.

1- Cancel your credit card and cancel your sub in September. Why people don't do this more often, I don't know.
          2- Tell your credit card company to no longer accept charges from DR. DR is labeled as a "high fraud risk" for most major credit card companies, and from most reports it takes less than ten minutes.
          3- Return the toy as defective to Mattycollector.com. Call their call center and tell them it is broken or damaged. Return it with a post-it note attached, telling them to stop cutting corners.

This is the type of shit that happens when people give their support blindly to a toy line. They already have your card and money, in effect, so why should they deliver on their end?
          “What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."― Salman Rushdie

Comment

• Dark Angel
            Dark Angel commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, I wouldn't cancel my sub or card, but simply return the figure as being "incomplete" or "missing parts," and request a refund rather than an exchange.

• Mechanizor
            Mechanizor commented
            Editing a comment
            - Cancelling the Sub should be only the last resort, and normally won't change much the outcome for the rest of the year!

- If you wanna return a figure, you probably should refuse the delivery, and if you end up getting it because your delivery person simply left the package without a signature and you insisted to return the figure for a refund, most likely DR won't reimburse you for the shipping charges, and you end up costing yourself again for shipping it back!

Before we get too concerned, a question: Does the current brand manager actually understand what Rio's visor is? That it is part of the backpack/gun assembly, and not a helmet or extra part of the head itself? Because he really is ignorant like that, you know...
          Last edited by Dark Angel; 02-19-2014, 12:13 PM.
          Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

The Fwoosh has a fairly substantial gallery up. The visor is clearly an integral part of the flip over guns, so unless they are removing the entire backpack, I can't imaging they won't be a part of the final toy.

...and I personally think the headsculpt looks fine in better lighting. Not one of my faves, but fine.
            Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

If they can give Flipshot 2 heads, a jetpack, removable missiles, arm cannon, and visor... then there is no excuse for Rio Blast to be missing his stuff. I don't care what Neitlich says about raw materials and petroleum prices.

Comment

The only logical reason that I can think of for Toyguru to not include the visor with Rio Blast would be that he plans on including it with a less desired figure. Thats right... pack the cool visor with a less popular figure as a "favor" to the fans, so that they buy that figure to complete their Rio Blast.
                “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

I'd post a complaint on the Matty forum about this for Scooter to respond to but I was banned there too for asking questions that exposed him in one of his lies.

Comment

• shadowfall1976
                    shadowfall1976 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Not surprising, I had posts deleted for asking simple questions, apparently they'd rather make go away instead of making excuses for to at least give some answer....

Bullshit to me....plus I wasn't rude or anything, I just asked simple questions.

Originally posted by Dark Angel View Post
                  The Fwoosh has a fairly substantial gallery up. The visor is clearly an integral part of the flip over guns, so unless they are removing the entire backpack, I can't imaging they won't be a part of the final toy.

...and I personally think the headsculpt looks fine in better lighting. Not one of my faves, but fine.
                  I agree, I cannot see how they could skip the visor without making the backpack looking incomplete! LIEguru is also a Dumbguru.

Comment

Well it just seems like ***guru doesn't know what he's talking about... what a huge MOTU fan that guy is... I guess you can apply the expression "taken for the ass" to all of those who believe he is.
                    Last edited by barrasco; 02-19-2014, 07:59 PM.
                    “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

This is just Scott being inept as usual.
                      "The first condition of progress is that there is no censorship"

Happy in his folly, the fool embraces the devil...

IDH Custom toys

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Horse View Post
                        This is just Scott being inept as usual.
                        Yes, because he's sooo damn busy jumping from one task to another, that's why he also has like thousands of posts on the Matty forums and spends a lot of his work time lurking around the Org forums!

What an awesome job for $90k-$100k if you ask me!

Comment

I'm wondering if he thinks people are asking about the 200x eye piece or something- losing the visor makes absolutely no sense. I can't think of any vintage MOTUC figure that was missing a vintage accessory off hand, can you? That would be an unprecedented screw up.

Comment

Par for the course at this point. Nope, can't honor the past when "guru" doesn't care about it. If we are "lucky" he will pack with Dare so folks support his Son of He-Man figures

Comment

I held back and was polite when Rio was released on that other forum, but I did ask about the visor. Scott just has not clue.

If it is not included, someone will make an aftermarket accessory, and I will pay it.
                              “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
                              Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

Scott didn't even know what they hell he was talking about when he was asked about Hydron....

And what pisses me off about him is the fact that he passed himself off on Toy Hunter as a MOTU expert....he's no more an expert than I am, he played with the toys is all he did, then got lucky enough to be able to kiss ass at Mattel and get put over MOTUC. When it came to the line, he had to dig through boxes of **** left by the original lines designers and managers to get a grasp on what was needed for MOTUC.... Expert my ass....

Comment

I'm actually not 100% if the visor piece will be included. We should be able to confirm by Sdcc.

This was his reply....why is everyone up in arms about this anyway though? He didn't say it wasn't for sure yet.... Like I said, he originally said Hydron's tanks or something wasn't coming with him....boom, there they are.... Scott is clueless within the lines he manages....no wonder Ruben slips the bullshit under his radar like he does, and Scott Isn't aware of it....he is clueless.
                                  Last edited by shadowfall1976; 02-20-2014, 09:01 AM.

Comment

• _RZ_
                                    _RZ_ commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    I worry because it would be easy for Matty to not include it and Scott pull another "Well, it can't be THAT big of a deal because no one mentioned it online before" or just claim it was too costly to produce that part.

• shadowfall1976
                                    shadowfall1976 commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Point is Scott is clueless, and doesn't have a clue what's up, he was wrong about stuff before, and will be wrong again. If you want to know if a figure is coming with something....seemed the best person to ask no matter how shitty his work is Ruben, he would know more than Scott who is coming with what.

I think he's just trolling... He knows more than he leads us to believe, but he likes to play dumber. He knows when a serious product question is asked, and he doesn't give a definitive answer, the fans bring out the pitchforks. He LOVES that. He is a genuine troublemaker. I bet he comes to this site and reads the hate and just laughs, saying to himself, "God I love me!" His arrogance can't possibly get any more twisted.

Comment

Originally posted by Anti-Guru View Post
                                    I think he's just trolling... He knows more than he leads us to believe, but he likes to play dumber. He knows when a serious product question is asked, and he doesn't give a definitive answer, the fans bring out the pitchforks. He LOVES that. He is a genuine troublemaker. I bet he comes to this site and reads the hate and just laughs, saying to himself, "God I love me!" His arrogance can't possibly get any more twisted.
                                    So you're saying Scott is the Unnamed One?
                                    “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

• Anti-Guru
                                      Anti-Guru commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Yes, Scott Neitlich is for all intents and purposes... The Unnamed One.

• barrasco
                                      barrasco commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Three thumbs up!

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X