March Figures: Hydron, NA He-Man, Fang Man, The Unnamed One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March Figures: Hydron, NA He-Man, Fang Man, The Unnamed One

Oh look... Fang man didn't really sell out after all.
    http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/...orp/#more-3745

Wasn't Fang Man subscriber only...? So...one of my subscriber benefits just evaporated. Again.
    Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

Fang-Man is the customer service remaining stock, at least that's what normally TG claims!... Probably at one point Horde-Troopers might show up as well!

Comment

• GREP-A-TOR
        GREP-A-TOR commented
        Editing a comment
        I am sure they will now. They will not be on Early Access, they will just be shown on a sale today when the previous months/quarter sales were low. They are guaranteed to push numbers up for Scott, as many people combine figures - or try too.

Originally posted by Dark Angel View Post
      Wasn't Fang Man subscriber only...? So...one of my subscriber benefits just evaporated. Again.
      Oh yeah... LOL! IIRC, Fang Man was originally supposed to be day of, but Neitlich made a knee jerk decision to make him sub only for some tactical reason. He's been doing this with random figures ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by Anti-Guru View Post

Oh yeah... LOL! IIRC, Fang Man was originally supposed to be day of, but Neitlich made a knee jerk decision to make him sub only for some tactical reason. He's been doing this with random figures ever since.
        Also, there are many other fans on the Org who have also suggested before to tie certain figures to the subs, so the subs could go through and the line won't die! Many people out there are simply too naive and believe every marketing trick there is! And of course Neitlich would use any advantage he can get!

Comment

They chose not to sell Fang Man to pressure people into getting a Filmation sub.
          “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

Remaining Customer Service Stock. Suddenly found boxes in a warehouse. Donated figures from Mattel employees. Yet some people will wholeheartedly believe any manure that Scott shovels their way, ignorance is bliss.
            “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
            Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

I frankly don't really care this month...I suppose if I am charged, I better get the figures in good shape, but they go straight to the Cabinet of Undesirables once I have them in hand.

Comment

Hydron probably he has the worst bloated armor thus far!

Comment

Originally posted by Mechanaizor View Post
                  Hydron probably he has the worst bloated armor thus far!
                  I think it's Sea Hawk. That figure really suffered from it in my opinion.

Comment

• Nemisythe
                    Nemisythe commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I second that.

• GREP-A-TOR
                    GREP-A-TOR commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I third that. He Bro did a step by step fix and even used a digital micrometer to show the changes. Big difference when the arms are down.

I predict Hydron will be the cheapest secondary market figure out of the whole line.
                  "The first condition of progress is that there is no censorship"

Happy in his folly, the fool embraces the devil...

IDH Custom toys

Comment

• GREP-A-TOR
                    GREP-A-TOR commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I agree, I am going to to have to bundle him in a trade to move him.

Oh right, I almost forgot we were getting that cheap looking UNO garbage this month.
                  "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

Fang Man was obviously held back to sell more subs. This type of (continuing) behavior was why I didn't sub this year.

I'm skipping Hydron and will buy him when everyone dumps theirs on eBay and Amazon for $15 or less in the summer.
                    “What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."― Salman Rushdie

Comment

I'm actually looking forward to Hydron, sure I wish they would stop with the horrible thick armor, but I still like the look of the figure. Just to throw it out there, why not instead of figuring out the best place for the tabs to connect they just get rid of them all together and glue the shirts or in this case scuba suit on the buck like they do the female figures? It would seem to fix the problem in my mind.

Comment

I may buy an extra Fang Man just for the spare parts. The Sword of the Ancients looks better than the swords that Blade comes with, so I may give him the extra sword. I might also swap Goat Man's blue boots with Fang Man's red boots, as I think the red boots would look better on Goat Man and they don't have the loose ankle problem.

"We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

I know this doesn't negate the look of Hydron but when you think about it, space and deep sea water suits are in some case bulky. So this is how I've let it pass. Plus the fact I was never a fan of NA and am just warming up to them a little and am seeing Hydron's wear as a hybrid suit which allows him to function in both environments.

I'm debating on maybe trying to pick up some Fangmen as some that I received had a problem with their knees slightly off the peg. But thanks to some with some reheating I was able to get them back in place, so may not be neccessary. But with the Asbury Park Comic Con in Jersey in April I have to try and consolidate to prepare for that and possibly trying to score some Goatmen!

Comment

• Captain Atkin
                            Captain Atkin commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You might want to microwave a cup of water for 2 minutes, and then put Fang Man's legs in the hot water. That should loosen the legs and make them easy to fix.

Got my club renewal. Can't wait to get these figures and put them in the cabinet with the other undesirables! -_-

Comment

Fang Man is a maybe for me, if he makes it to All Access. Beyond that... well, got no choice for TUO and just not interested in NA He-Man and Hydron.

Comment

I was not excited for NA He-Man (I'm not a big NA fan.) But the figure came out incredible. One of the best in the line. Highly recommended.
                              “What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."― Salman Rushdie

Comment

Should I get a 2nd NA He-Man for display? I don't usually like to buy doubles, but have made a few exceptions when I think the variant is different enough to warrant it (i.e., Fisto, Moss Man, Trap Jaw, Whiplash). I refuse to buy 2 Dekkers though for example. I sometimes consider getting another Teela, Man-At-Arms and Bow. Anyway, what do you think about NA He-Man, is it worth it?
                                "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

• Captain Atkin
                                  Captain Atkin commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Yes! He has two very distinct looks, and both look cool on display

I was considering getting another NA He-Man too.

Comment

Originally posted by _RZ_ View Post
                                  I was not excited for NA He-Man (I'm not a big NA fan.) But the figure came out incredible. One of the best in the line. Highly recommended.
                                  And sold out, unfortunately. I was going back and forth on picking one up on Monday, but I guess that decision's been made for me.

Comment

So, the usual people got their March figures REALLY early... and one was nice enough to post pics of the UNO. Looks like the leaked pics are IN FACT, the UNO.

Behold!! The love letter to the fans... GORPO.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...nd-pics-inside!!!

And the second head is just a variation.

Comment

Originally posted by Anti-Guru View Post
                                      So, the usual people got their March figures REALLY early... and one was nice enough to post pics of the UNO. Looks like the leaked pics are IN FACT, the UNO.

Behold!! The love letter to the fans... GORPO.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...nd-pics-inside!!!

And the second head is just a variation.
                                      Horrible figure and completely dishonest hype, per usual from Scott. He makes this line incredibly difficult to enjoy. Question, though: who are these "Usual People" ? it's clear that Mattel/Scott favors certain fans and provides them access and samples. Is this what you were referring to? Who are these people? I assume they are the typical sycophants that litter the ORG.

Comment

So the extremely limited stock of a figure which had no DOS due to "logistical reasons" is still for sale? And yet there are morons who get surprised by this...

***guru is the worst liar I know... pretty cool huh?
                                        Last edited by barrasco; 03-13-2014, 08:24 PM.
                                        “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X