Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting considerations from Sky High's bio...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting considerations from Sky High's bio...

Allright. You all know I don't give a damn about the bios, but I just read Sky High's bio, and something drew my attention. Here it is :

During the Second Ultimate Battleground, he led a squadron of Blaster Hawks into battle combating the Horde Boa Jets and King Hssss’s new Snake Strike Squad.
    Blaster Hawks are part of the vintage vehicles. I really liked them as a kid, and they were fun to play with.

"Boa Jets" never existed before. There were Bola Jets (with an L) in the New Adventures of He-Man toyline. But never Boa Jets. Is it still one of those infamous LIEguru's spelling mistakes and approximations ? Maybe. The funny thing is : the name BOA Jets refer to a snake (the boa constrictor), but here, it belongs to the Horde... Weird, to say the least.

Then there's that Snake Strike Squad, which never existed in the past.

So, we have 2 new things right there: a Snakemen's corps named the Snake Strike Squad, and a new Horde vehicle named the Boa Jet.

I wonder if this could be a new possibility to introduce new characters and new vehicles... and I pray to God that if there's anything new like that, the designs will be left to the Four Horsemen, not to LIEguru or to Reuben Martinez and Mattel design !
    Last edited by Widukind; 02-23-2014, 11:24 AM.

It's just more of Neitlich thinking he knows how to write anything or be creative. Boa Jets probably is one of many spelling errors. I wouldn't give him too much credit for coming up with a new "Boa" jet, (with the play on the snake theme) concept... He'll steal someone else's idea before he comes up with his own.

New vehicles? Don't hold your breath.

Comment

• MegaGearMax
      MegaGearMax commented
      Editing a comment
      The designs of the Snake Men warriors came from two of the five animation models from the MYP cartoon. They weren't created by the 4H.

• Widukind
      Widukind commented
      Editing a comment
      To be precise, the Horsemen took SOME of the 200X snakemen and got some inspiration from them. We don't have the exact replica of these snakemen. So, MegaGearMax, do you think that the Snake Strike Squad might be the 3 other 200X snakemen warriors left !?

• MegaGearMax
      MegaGearMax commented
      Editing a comment
      It would be a pleasant surprise if the SSS were the 3 remaining MYP models, but I doubt it. Those guys might be more new TG characters, like Fang-Or.

TG mentions new things in bios in the hopes that fans will pick up on them and will ask for them in Classics. Snake Man-At-Arms (In MYP, it was supposed to be a temporary transformation, but in TG's canon it was permanent) was targeted by the Snake Men specifically so that he could build stuff like vehicles for them. Blast Attak is rumored by fans to be one of these creations.

Comment

• Widukind
      Widukind commented
      Editing a comment
      In my canon, Blast-Attack is like he was in the vintage 80's MOTU line : an evil warrior. I don't undesrtand the will to make Blast-Attack a snakemen : he's certainly not snake-themed, and the fact that he appeared in a mini-comic with King Hssss (and please not that this mini-comic was not even part of the mini-comics released with the toys) isn't enough to make him a snakeman either.

As to him being an invention of Snake-Man-At-Arms... sorry, but in my canon, Man-at-Arms became human again after his snake-slavery, and he certainly didn't die because of Clamp Champ ! Snake MAA is a heresy as far as I'm concerned.

• Y2Greg
      Y2Greg commented
      Editing a comment
      Blast-Attak is an Evil Warrior, I agree! He was listed as one in the original cardback!

• MegaGearMax
      MegaGearMax commented
      Editing a comment
      I only "like" Snake Man-At-Arms because it gave us his 200X costume. The second I opened that figure up, I put that Snake head into my leftover accessories bin and replaced it with the moustached head.

And I agree about Blast Attack. I count him as an Evil Warrior too. The first time I saw him was in STAR Comics' MOTU #7.

When I read the "Snake Strike Squad" part of the bio, I suspected that it might be referring to the unmade Snake Men vehicle that was shown in the Masters of the Universe magazine (Summer 1986 issue). The vehicle was called the Rattle Trap.
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

• Novelty
      Novelty commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice. This is the first time I've seen this

• Mechanizor
      Mechanizor commented
      Editing a comment
      Very cool concept for sure, I totally forgot about this one!

• Kumkani
      Kumkani commented
      Editing a comment
      I remember having that magazine, I wanted those vehicles so bad, this one the most, then the frog what was the third one??

Originally posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    When I read the "Snake Strike Squad" part of the bio, I suspected that it might be referring to the unmade Snake Men vehicle that was shown in the Masters of the Universe magazine (Summer 1986 issue). The vehicle was called the Rattle Trap.
    BRING ME A SQUADRON OF BATTLE RATTLE TRAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
    Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

For some reason, this made me think of Fox Force Five. Maybe we'll eventually learn Castaspella once was part of a group called Fox Force Five.

Comment

This is just another poorly written load of Neitlich garbage. Forced, inaccurate and uncreative. It's like he pulled the names from his stolen vault archives and just randomised them into a bio.
        "The first condition of progress is that there is no censorship"

Happy in his folly, the fool embraces the devil...

IDH Custom toys

Comment

My mental image of the "Snake Strike Squad" is a group of generic Snake Men warriors piloting quick-striking flying vehicles designed by Snakeman-at-Arms. But that's just me.

And Blast-Attak is just weird. He has been since I got him on January 23, 1987, when I read the mini-comic that came with him that made him into a Snake Man tool, and then saw him alongside Evil-Lyn, Beast Man and Ninjor in the Power Tour that evening. And for some reason, he always 'felt' like an Evil Hordesman to me, despite him fighting the Horde on his cardback. Perhaps it's the technology thing ...

However, it's an easy thing to clear up, since Skeletor and King Hiss are uneasy allies in vintage continuity. Just have one of them build him, find him unreliable, and give him to the other.

And I wouldn't take the Star comic appearance too seriously, even if it gave us one of the few good uses of Faker in the US. Why? Because the very next issue has Snake Face and Sssqueeze working for Hordak.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X