No announcement yet.

MOTU Mega Construx Sighting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mech, that description is certainly a surprise. Will be interesting to see what the set factually is.

The Hordak Strikes and Landshark sets are available for preorder on BBTS:

Hordak Strikes

Landshark

Then on Amazon, I found this:

Havoc Staff Exclusive

No price, no means to add to cart at this time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	61MtBD+oNBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	56623

Name:	71UHHE1ZQxL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	56624
    Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

• Andy
      Andy commented
      Editing a comment
      That is sweet! When I clicked on see all buying options it comes up with $299.97
      Last edited by Andy; 09-03-2021, 05:57 AM.

• Mechanizor
      Mechanizor commented
      Editing a comment
      I've seen it before not long ago, but I thought it wasn't an official set!

If it's $300, might as well be a real magical staff that takes you through a portal hole to Eternia or Despondos!... Seriously though, even it's made out of real LEGO bricks; it won't cost more than $200 max, probably between $120-$160 more likely!

• Black Zodac
      Black Zodac commented
      Editing a comment
      $300 is pretty pricey.... but man, that Havoc Staff is awesome!

I forgot to show this off before. My buddy who's a lego guy sent me a link that has all the instructions for MotU in PDF form in case someone ever wants to piece together whatever.

Castle Greyskull PDF
    https://support.megabrands.com/en-us...stle-grayskull
    Other MotU PDF
    https://support.megabrands.com/en-us...f+the+universe
    “Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.” ~Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Mechanizor View Post
      The five pack set is being shipped, mine hasn't yet, but here are some images from someone who has received them in hand:

Click image for larger version Name:	1627247577029.jpg Views:	1 Size:	224.2 KB ID:	56060

Click image for larger version Name:	1627246670728.jpg Views:	1 Size:	167.7 KB ID:	56059

Click image for larger version Name:	1627246286103.jpg Views:	1 Size:	164.4 KB ID:	56058

Click image for larger version Name:	1627246042732.jpg Views:	1 Size:	214.9 KB ID:	56057

Click image for larger version Name:	1627245587520.jpg Views:	1 Size:	234.8 KB ID:	56056
      Click image for larger version Name:	1627245542061.jpg Views:	1 Size:	222.6 KB ID:	56055

Click image for larger version Name:	1627245506037.jpg Views:	1 Size:	208.4 KB ID:	56054

Click image for larger version Name:	1627245127535.jpg Views:	1 Size:	342.9 KB ID:	56053

Click image for larger version Name:	1627244587336.jpg Views:	1 Size:	348.4 KB ID:	56052
      I finally got my two sets of these today!

Comment

• Mechanizor
        Mechanizor commented
        Editing a comment
        Great to know, it looks like yours and mine are from the same batch...

Hopefully MCX would reveal more characters and sets over at Power-Con this weekend in addition to what we already know is coming.

• Dark Angel
        Dark Angel commented
        Editing a comment
        Got mine today and OMG Man-E-Faces is the best Mega minifig yet. I am totally down with this little dude, wish I could get a second w/o buying the whole set...

• Mechanizor
        Mechanizor commented
        Editing a comment
        The Man-E-Faces suppose to be in the advent calendar, however I'm not sure if this set is still happening or not... I'm assuming he'll be available in an upcoming set down the road.

And I agree he's awesome.

Ok, here is a pic of what it could be the "Hordak Strikes" and the Land Shark sets from the upcoming Power-Con perhaps?!... I'm not sure yet if Hordak Strikes is a buildable figure like the description we've seen earlier on, or actually this Monstroid set that comes with She-Ra, Hordak and Rio Blast(?):

Click image for larger version  Name:	1631328420301.jpg Views:	0 Size:	185.9 KB ID:	56722

The Land Shark set obviously comes with BA Skeletor and the regular vintage version of Roboto...

I wonder why in hell people still take such a fuzzy picture in 2021, do they still have flip phones from the early 2000's or something?

Edit: From Pixel-Dan's video streaming from Power-Con, the Hordak Strikes is actually the Monstroid set, but the fuzzy third mini figure is actually Prince Adam and not Rio-Blast!
      Last edited by Mechanizor; 09-11-2021, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• Dark Angel
        Dark Angel commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome set and two great, much needed characters! For the minicomics fans, if that is Adam it must me the old minicomics coloration...

It has been said at Power-Con that MCX Snake Mountain will be released later on, but no pics as of yet!

Comment

• Dark Angel
        Dark Angel commented
        Editing a comment
        That's kind of a big yikes from me...I mean, I want it, but I am literally approaching critical mass with the toy collection over here...

• Mechanizor
        Mechanizor commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm like just you, but that's why I'll be selling at least 50% of my LEGO collection, 80% of my unopened MOTU Classics and my design/hobby books!... Especially after signing up yesterday for a new toy brand by the 4HM; Cosmic Legions.

Sometimes it's better to enjoy the quality and the uniqueness of what you have (and create) over the quantity of what you owe, and it's good to recycle stuff from time to time.

Better pics of the "Monstroid" set:

Name:	ME13TZ1O_o.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	56807

Name:	ME13TZ1N_o.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	56806

A better pic​​​ of B​​A​ Skeletor and Roboto from the Land Shark set:

Name:	ME13TZ1T_o.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	56808

Comment

The Havoc Staff is actually $65 (Not $300) at Amazon and available for pre-order:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1

Comment

Boxed pics of monstroid & land shark sets
          https://toynewsi.com/241-40434
          “Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.” ~Bertrand Russell

Comment

I just opened the 5 pack with He-Man, Skeletor, Teela, Faker, and uhm...Beast Man today. I'm a little disappointed.

I first saw these things at a flea market where someone had the Beastman single pack. I got home and googled them because it looked pretty cool. A tiny articulated, detailed figure.

I had trouble getting these things out of the molded plastic and had pieces shooting across the room before I could even see what they were. Thankfully I was able to collect them all, but honestly these things are too small for my clumsy hands and there's no way in hell I'm paying $274 for a building block Castle Grayskull when I can get a real one for origins for $80.

Comment

• Dark Angel
              Dark Angel commented
              Editing a comment
              OK, well, this is a sightings thread. Maybe you want to start a separate thread for a review but it doesn't really sound like you have anything constructive to say.

Originally posted by Dark Angel View Post
            but it doesn't really sound like you have anything constructive to say
            If by constructive you mean only positive-glowing-Iagreewitheverythingyousay, then no. I think you need to deconstruct the word constructive. But since I don't understand the point of a Sightings thread apparently, I'll just bow out of the conversation.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X