Views:	82
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	53216

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6688__scaled_800.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	53217

Battle Armor Macho Man at Arms..who woulda' ever thought!
    “Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.” ~Bertrand Russell

Comment

I'm not into WWE, not since when I was a teen, but man some of these are a must have for me!
      Last edited by Mechanizor; 07-19-2019, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Here is Pixel-Dan's video:

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	D_3tEVRVUAAJNW6.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	53250

Comment

Hands on look at the MOWWEU figures:

Comment

• Mechanizor
              Mechanizor commented
              Editing a comment
              So the arms are also removable and can be interlocked with the Origins figures! Now that's just rad!... WWEternia is where these guys are from! LOL

Well, interesting, to say the least. A few of them would mix in well with MOTU. Definitely some cool possibilities for customizing.
            "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

@ the 9:28 mark, I wish I could actually hear what Trips said and also that helmet would make a cool playset.

Kofi totally marked out and was speechless. ????

“Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.” ~Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Mechanizor
                Mechanizor commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't know who Kofi (a wrestler?) is, but I'm very happy for him seeing his incarnation as my one of my favorite characters of all time!

• Croc-O-Bite!
                Croc-O-Bite! commented
                Editing a comment
                Mech, yes Kofi is a wrestler. Not that I really follow wrestling any more, but I do remember reading over on the fwoosh some time ago that Kofi is the once wore a Battle Cat themed outfit at a pay per view (maybe even a Skeletor themed one once too?) so I think it’s safe to say he’s a MOTU fan, so he’d probably be more stoked than any other wrestler to be represented in this line
                Last edited by Croc-O-Bite!; 07-21-2019, 09:35 PM.

• Mechanizor
                Mechanizor commented
                Editing a comment
                That makes sense, he mentioned that he was a fan of the property in that video after all. :-)

So Bill Benekie said these mashups will be ready for this Christmas.
              I wonder why the year delay for Origins. I would think these two lines selling at the same time would help promote each other when factoring in the customization possibilities.
              It’s not like they’re waiting for the movie, as that has a 2021 tentative release date.

Comment

Originally posted by Croc-O-Bite! View Post
                So Bill Benekie said these mashups will be ready for this Christmas.
                I wonder why the year delay for Origins. I would think these two lines selling at the same time would help promote each other when factoring in the customization possibilities.
                It’s not like they’re waiting for the movie, as that has a 2021 tentative release date.
                My thoughts exactly!

Also, why announce the Origins line now when you have more than a year to launch it?!... I hope this new line won't lose momentum (I'm referring to the adult collectors here) by the time of its launching date.

Comment

Mech, this is what I was referring to in my comment in the post above...
                  https://www.google.ca/search?q=kofi+...yg2x094eKKyMbM

Comment

Thanks Croc... I wonder if Kofi portrayed as a villain or as a hero in that wrestling world?!... Yeah I know, I can look him up, maybe later on. :manefaces:

I wish none of these figures will come with any "English" language text on their outfits like Randy Savage's Macho-Man, but probably they will!

Comment

• Andy
                      Andy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah Mech Kofi Kingston has been a babyface (good guy) for several years now. He's totally a He-man and the Masters of the Universe fan.

Referee John Cone (a member on that other forum) has talked before about Kofi collecting MotU in a podcast or something.

• Mechanizor
                      Mechanizor commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks Andy for the info... It's cool to know celebrities also collect plastic toys, aside from the common fancy cars, watches and vintage musical instruments!

• Andy
                      Andy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If I remember correctly, Cone said Miz was a big fan of MotU too..then of course Zach Ryder and Curt Hawkins (the hosts, also wrestlers) are serious figure nerds including MotU. I also think I read somewhere that Finn Balor is a toygeek but not sure if he's into MotU...

Originally posted by Mechanizor View Post

My thoughts exactly!

Also, why announce the Origins line now when you have more than a year to launch it?!... I hope this new line won't lose momentum (I'm referring to the adult collectors here) by the time of its launching date.
                    I was wondering the same thing. I mean...I could understand it if this line was based on the movie,then they'd understandably want the line released closer to the film. But this is a "regular" line.

Comment

• Andy
                      Andy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Mattel and their timing..SMH!

WWE would totally bring fans over to MotU and probably vice versa!

So in case you didn't know...
                    Kofi Kingston is a member of a team called the New Day. The other members include Xavier Woods & Big E Langston, they have a move called the unicorn stomp hence all of the unicorns in their theme. Anyways when you twist the unicorn horn you get all three faces of the New Day.

Attached Files

Comment

• Andy
                      Andy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No Problem Mech.

I still wish I could tell what HHH said when he presented that helmet... because it totally looks like it could be used as the WWEternia Castle just like Grayskull

• Mechanizor
                      Mechanizor commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah, when I saw that skull-faced helmet I thought it was a new playset at first made for WWEternia... Who knows it might actually happen down the road. :-)

• Andy
                      Andy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      HHH wears that helmet. His was made by Tom Savini and I believe is made of actual metal where that one looks to be plastic.

I think that they are kind of using this line to pay for the tooling of the Masters Origins line, since WWE already is a proven seller at retail.
                    My guess is that the delay on Masters at retail is tied to hoping to have a movie about ready to go in 2021.

Comment

• Andy
                      Andy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I believe you are correct. One can assume that the Battle armors, Stratos, Fisto, and Clawful are on the horizon...

• Mechanizor
                      Mechanizor commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Smart thinking darkhawk, maybe this is actually the main reason behind Origins' delay. :-)

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X