Power-Con exclusives teaser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power-Con exclusives teaser

From the teaser pic, it looks like a Filmation repaint Hordak, Leo Faker, Horde Trooper, and dark face Grizzlor.
    Val said something about the packaging being even bigger than last year’s LoP 5 pack

I’m curious to see how Leo Faker turns out and what accessories he comes with. I hope it’s the bare minimum and a retail version is the deluxe version with all accessories. No matter what accessories the Power-Con does or doesn’t come with, it’s going to be crazily overpriced anyway, that’s why I’m hoping the retail version is the better version (even if it means I probably won’t find one)

A mockup by a fan:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1619750078339.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	413.1 KB
ID:	55344

Comment

As cool as I'm sure this will be, these figures will no doubt be way overpriced. At least the Target exclusive is reasonably priced in stores. This will be way overpriced and out of reach for many. The red trooper is a gimmick to try to get collectors to buy more than one set.
      “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

Weren't the 5 LOP figures part of the Power-Con 2020 exclusives and now some of them are being released single carded sometime this year?

These might end up being released single carded at one point down the road, especially the red Horde Trooper, and the Filmation colored Hordak

Comment

• Black Zodac
          Black Zodac commented
          Editing a comment
          Only Mer-Man so far, and he has less paint apps.

• Mechanizor
          Mechanizor commented
          Editing a comment
          Ture, but also the LOP Beast-Man's pre-orders went on BBTS's shop a while back and were sold out (at least for now), so there is some hope for some these exclusive figures to get a release in the future under the "mini-comic" banner!

From the Org's main page:

From Power-Con:

Mattel has provided us with a look at the Power-Con 2021 exclusives. Once again, they have delivered some incredible fan collectibles that are sure to be exciting for many MOTU fans!

Reveal #1
        MOTU Origins: Horde Multi-Pack
        $150.00 each plus S/H
        Nothing can stop the Evil Horde, and that goes for their awesome figure variants. This MOTU Origins 4-Pack will contain blue-skinned Hordak, dark Grizzlor, a crimson Horde Trooper, and a shadow Horde Trooper.

Reveal #2
        MOTU Origins: Faker 2-Pack
        $60.00 each plus S/H
        What’s better than a MOTU Origins Faker that comes with an orange cingulum militare and Havoc Staff? How about a beast his can call his own? That’s exactly what you get with this 2-Pack of “Leo” Faker and Dupli-Cat, his robotic feline mount.

Reveal #3
        MOTU Origins: “Secrets of Grayskull” Accessory Pack
        $30.00 each plus S/H
        Now that fans have the outstanding Origins Castle Grayskull available for their collection, Mattel expands upon it to make it even better! This pack comes with the castle’s humanoid robot, a 3D dungeon grate that includes a tentacle, and the Spirit of Castle Grayskull. These accessories are a must-have to complete your Grayskull display.

Pre-orders begin next Saturday, May 15th! Details will be posted very soon about the pre-sale. Keep an eye out for more Power-Con 2021 updates, and we hope to see you this September 11 & 12 in Anaheim, California.

Name:	pc2021-accessories-grayskull_full.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	166.4 KB
ID:	55371

Name:	pc2021-faker-2pack_full.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	203.1 KB
ID:	55370

Name:	pc2021-horde-4pack_full.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	242.3 KB
ID:	55369

Comment

I thought I'm gonna fall in love with Origins, but now it's becoming more and more an Org's property when it comes to the cooler units!?

Also what's up with these exclusives to Walmart, Target and now the Org?... We can't even get ahold of the regular figures at MSRP anymore!... What the hell Mattel!

Comment

• MIDOR
            MIDOR commented
            Editing a comment
            The dot org exclusiveness doesn't bother me. It was the price. I know there are logical how's and why's on the price but MAN! They expensive.

• Mechanizor
            Mechanizor commented
            Editing a comment
            My issue with the exclusives is that they’re made in very limited numbers, so if you cannot get your hands on them right away, you gonna end up a lot more than their asking price on the secondary market, which typically what usually happens because scalpers they’ll always find their ways to snatch them up somehow!

Did they give Blue Hordak the Fisto/Jitsu treatment? nice.

Comment

• Mechanizor
            Mechanizor commented
            Editing a comment
            Are you gonna get this set?

• MIDOR
            MIDOR commented
            Editing a comment
            I barely know what's going on. so, no. As you now can tell I don't pay attention to power-con news and information.

• Mechanizor
            Mechanizor commented
            Editing a comment
            You'd save some money then...

The Secrets of Grayskull pack is actually reasonably priced IMO, so of course it’ll sell out before I get a chance to buy one.

Even the Faker pack isn’t at Val’s usual price gouging standards. (isn’t it usually $30 for a cat, $15 for a figure? So ‘only’ over priced by $15? That’s really not that bad for an exclusive). As much as I’d like a Leo Faker, not sure it’s worth it unless I can sell off the cat.

but that Horde 4 pack, come on…… $150 for 4 $15 figures? That’s the type of scalping we’ve grown to expect. I get they’d be more than retail releases, but that’s more than double retail per figure FFS.
          I prefer the retail versions anyway, just hope I can actually find them eventually

Comment

• Black Zodac
            Black Zodac commented
            Editing a comment
            My understanding is Val no longer has a say in what the Exclusives are. Those are now all decided by Ruben at Mattel.

• Mechanizor
            Mechanizor commented
            Editing a comment
            That Secrets of Grayskull pack should've been a mass production, NOT an exclusive!... Sigh!
            Hopefully it will be easier to obtain.

About Dupli-Cat, those front claws: does the armour fit over top the paws, or is that an entirely new sculpt from the knee joint on down?
          If it is a new sculpt, I wonder what else it will be used for? Maybe a Battle Cat for the new kiddie focused Netflix cartoon line?

Comment

The claws appear to be a new sculpt. My guess is they are designed for the new kid cartoon. The design/idea for Dupli-Cat is definitely "borrowed" from Joe Amato's popular Copy-Cat custom design. Mattel had "Liked" the Copy-Cat design on Joe's Twitter feed, but they recently removed their Like.... read into that as you will....
            “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

Originally posted by Croc-O-Bite! View Post
              About Dupli-Cat, those front claws: does the armour fit over top the paws, or is that an entirely new sculpt from the knee joint on down?
              If it is a new sculpt, I wonder what else it will be used for? Maybe a Battle Cat for the new kiddie focused Netflix cartoon line?
              At first I thought it's just new sculpt lower front legs and paws, but now I'm not so sure, it might be a fitted armor, especially if they're reusing them for the new Netflix's Battle-Cat toy!

Hopefully we'll get some new pics soon...

Comment

Originally posted by Black Zodac View Post
                The design/idea for Dupli-Cat is definitely "borrowed" from Joe Amato's popular Copy-Cat custom design. Mattel had "Liked" the Copy-Cat design on Joe's Twitter feed, but they recently removed their Like.... read into that as you will....
                Wow. That looks like a Neitlich move right there. They even copied the metallic face.

Comment

Wow. That looks like a Neitlich move right there. They even copied the metallic face.
                  Right now, Joe Amato is talking about it on his podcast Fans of Power episode 268. Check it out on You Tube...

Comment

GDL's podcast are talking about the MOTU reveals and Power-Con 21 exclusives in this video/stream:

Comment

MOTU has always had parts reuse, so with that in mind, what do you guys think could be reused from the Grayskull robot?
                      What character could reuse those thighs?
                      How about potential reuse for the crotch piece?
                      What character could reuse those forearms?
                      It looks like the biceps have the same pattern as the thighs.

I’m drawing a blank at the moment so I’m curious to see what ideas we can all come up with.

Comment

I was kind of wondering that myself. And my knee jerk reaction is no one.

I can only guess that they could only be used for a new and original character.

I don't think I can come up with a character let alone one that has to reuse parts. That's why I didn't get in the create a character contest.

If you can come up with something then A+ for you.

MOTU has always had parts reuse, so with that in mind, what do you guys think could be reused from the Grayskull robot?

I’m drawing a blank at the moment so I’m curious to see what ideas we can all come up with.

Comment

I'm not sure if any of the NA He-Man characters would be suitable for those parts!... However, I remember Ruben from Mattel asking the fans in one those 2019 panels if they like to see new characters in Origins, and maybe that's what they're aiming for when starting new sculpts like in this figure.

Comment

I'd love to get all thre3e sets but if I had to prioritize
                            1) Grayskull set
                            2) Faker
                            3) Horde

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X