Eternian Royal Guard Origins figure!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eternian Royal Guard Origins figure!

Just up on Bigbadtoystore, an Eternian Royal Guard Origins exclusive figure. To ship in December.

EDIT: Now available at Entertainment Earth with shipping in September! https://www.entertainmentearth.com/p...d=HE-408202950

Last edited by Captain Atkin; 06-12-2021, 06:57 PM.

I've pre-ordered mine with some other MOTU figures and the Castle Grauskull this morning!... However I still have to pre-order the figures that I've missed from BBTS from another online retailer!

Comment

The big news about this exclusive figure is that you can build the vintage style Man-at Arms because it also includes the mustacheless head and his armor:

Click image for larger version  Name:	c451556b-2cf7-44a5-b823-0760f18adc56.jpg Views:	0 Size:	47.1 KB ID:	55582
      The good news is, it doesn't have the Scott Neitlich head we got in the Classics!

Comment

I bought 8 figures. I love building armies! I do hope the make a "head pack" so that we can have some more options than just a white guy soldier

I also hope this leads to an army builder for Skeletor. Hover Bots are fine, but I'd love to see Skeletor get some soldiers too.
        Last edited by RoboSteveo; 06-08-2021, 03:26 PM.
        “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

Originally posted by RoboSteveo View Post
          I bought 8 figures. I love building armies! I do hope the make a "head pack" so that we can have some more options than just a white guy soldier

I also hope this leads to an army builder for Skeletor. Hover Bots are fine, but I'd love to see Skeletor get some soldiers too.
          He's already sold out!
          If you got 8 of him, probably a lot people did even more just to sell them on the secondary market!

I myself got 4, 3 to open (eventually) and one to keep MOC. I'm sure Skeletor will have his own army builders down the road, the same goes for Hordak and the Snakemen.

Comment

I got two, I didn't want to be greedy. I plan to open one of them at least

Comment

The Eternian Royal Guard is now up for pre-order at Entertainment Earth, with shipping in September!

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/p...d=HE-408202950
              "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

He's also back on the BBTS's site:
                https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...Details/166430

Comment

• Captain Atkin
                  Captain Atkin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  BBTS has it listed as December. Entertainment Earth is shipping in September.

• Mechanizor
                  Mechanizor commented
                  Editing a comment
                  True, but neither EE or BBTS are usually accurate with dates from my own experience, it's like hit and miss, and mostly miss...

Here is the packaging of the Eternian Palace Guard:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1627326136531.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	371.5 KB
ID:	56081

Comment

Looks good!

….so would a two pack of those glowing skeleton warriors Mattel! (hint, hint )

Comment

More images from the BBTS:

Name:	0119189d-b48e-4e0e-a5f1-db394ec0bc5d.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	56194

Name:	ac84fe1f-af52-498a-b425-7f4c9bfaa479.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	56193

Name:	98039802-b36d-471c-acb4-84c0841a4088.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	56192

Name:	77dadfda-6070-411c-825a-628d68c3154d.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	56191

Name:	4e9f2bd5-cdd5-4a74-aeb7-4ebaf48998a4.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	56190

Name:	969b24a7-7512-4122-a0f3-4530e1fcac6c.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	56189

Comment

Looks like Rueben put the Man-At-Arms armour on the figure for those promotional shots

Comment

Originally posted by Croc-O-Bite! View Post
                        Looks like Rueben put the Man-At-Arms armour on the figure for those promotional shots
                        Haha, the upside down armor is certainly hilarious, nevertheless it can be used that way to make a new customized character!

Comment

The Eternian Palace Guard is not only a great troop-builder, but an incredible figure with a fantastic sculpt. I remember these characters from the Filmation cartoon. I like how they resemble Man-at-arms, with some distinct differences.

I like how this new Origins version comes with a Vintage MAA head (without the mustache). Very nostalgic, especially since most post-vintage MAA figures have the mustache (which I don't like as much).

Going along with this, I like how the box art for this figure depicts the mustache-less MAA as well.

Comment

• Mechanizor
                            Mechanizor commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I prefer the mustache-less MAA as well, not just only because of the vintage figure, but also because of the first Alcala mini-comics... The mustached MAA looked a lot cooler in the 200X toys/comics and in the MYP cartoons

So yeah this Enternian Palace Guard pack is very desired by many including me for the obvious reasons.

Agree completely about the Vintage '82 MAA being the best version because it doesn't have the mustache. This coincides with the original mini-comics, and definitely makes the character look/appear younger. IIRC the mustache was first seen in the '83-on Filmation cartoon, and IMHO was a pointless, extraneous "addition".

IMHO the original '82 mini-comics are the true source material for the MOTU franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by man-e-faces View Post
                            IMHO the original '82 mini-comics are the true source material for the MOTU franchise.
                            Yup, and I wish it stayed that way...
                            In my own world of MOTU, He-Man is still a barbarian, and Adam is just another separate character.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X