Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MOTUO wave 6 cardbacks' artwork reveals upcoming characters!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTUO wave 6 cardbacks' artwork reveals upcoming characters!

Here is an image revealing the amazing artwork on the cardbacks of MOTUO wave 6 (LOP Beast Man, Enternian Sorceress, Webstor, Stinkor), and surprisingly Savage He-Man, Buzz-Off and Moss Man make an appearance as well! However, Only Buzz-Off was on the leaked/rumored list of the upcoming figures!

Click image for larger version  Name:	1629521032115.jpg Views:	0 Size:	515.0 KB ID:	56489

Those top two are definitely my jam. With all the insistence on re-branding, rebooting, re-imaging, etc., why or why can't I get a true sword-and-and sorcery MOTU series???
    Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Angel View Post
      Those top two are definitely my jam. With all the insistence on re-branding, rebooting, re-imaging, etc., why or why can't I get a true sword-and-and sorcery MOTU series???
      Well, Mattel still gives swords and magic staffs in their toys and cartoons, but not the content!

Mattel, I want He-Man wielding his iffin BATTLE AXE instead of the sword once in a while, is that much to ask for?

Comment

Some fans have the wave six in hand already:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1629664706568.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	488.0 KB
ID:	56497

Comment

"Green Goddess" must not have been unique/copyright-able...
          Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

• Mechanizor
            Mechanizor commented
            Editing a comment
            That's my guess as well.
            Remember the Classics version? She was labeled as "The Goddess" from what I remember!

• Dark Angel
            Dark Angel commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd forgotten, but yes, you are correct - at least on the outer box. I have a MIP one somewhere, that's the the only reason I remember.

I can’t wait to get Stinkor, always liked the figure’s colour scheme and glad he’s coming with the smell.

Comment

The Malaysian YT channel Retro Toy Escapades has the wave 6 figures in hand, and he'll review them soon:

Comment

Originally posted by Mechanizor View Post
              Mattel, I want He-Man wielding his iffin BATTLE AXE instead of the sword once in a while, is that much to ask for?
              Yes! The artwork on the packaging of the early figures, vehicles, and beasts had He-man carrying his battle axe instead of the Power Sword. It wasn’t until Filmation came along and ruined everything ​​​​​​.
              The packaging artwork was so much more in line with those original mini comics. I hope the artwork on Origins packaging continues this way and depicts He-man with the battle axe more than the Power Sword.
              Filmation pretty much ruined the Power Sword for me as a kid. All it was ever used for was defecting laser beams, crushing rocks as if He-man was on a freaking chain gang, and digging trenches to divert rivers.

The battle axe deserves it’s time to shine again!

Comment

Originally posted by Croc-O-Bite! View Post
                Yes! The artwork on the packaging of the early figures, vehicles, and beasts had He-man carrying his battle axe instead of the Power Sword. It wasn’t until Filmation came along and ruined everything ​​​​​​.
                The packaging artwork was so much more in line with those original mini comics. I hope the artwork on Origins packaging continues this way and depicts He-man with the battle axe more than the Power Sword.
                Filmation pretty much ruined the Power Sword for me as a kid. All it was ever used for was defecting laser beams, crushing rocks as if He-man was on a freaking chain gang, and digging trenches to divert rivers.

The battle axe deserves it’s time to shine again!
                Well, sadly Filmation basically stripped off the barbaric/ (Conan-esque/Frazetta) nature from the He-Man character and added more "sissiness" to his alterego the Adam character, even though he wasn't depicted like that in the vintage mini-comic most of the time. That's not the type of MOTU I was/am aiming for, not when I was a kid and not right now!...
                The battle-axe was always and will always be the main weapon for He-Man at least in my own universe, and I'm sure a lot of MOTU fans feel that way but don't have the loud voices to speak up.

Heck, I might even imagine Adam as a totally separate character from He-Man the barbarian, the Green Goddess as the true protector of Grayskull, Snake Teela as a maid warrior with Magic, and the Sorceress as a lone wise shaman for He-Man or Eternos. and Orko just her goofy assistant/servant...

Comment

Really looking forward to this wave. The Green Goddess is from the original 1982 mini-comics, and looks incredible - though I know it's using the same mold as Teela.

The Beast Man looks great as well - fantastic sculpt.

Webstor was one of my favorite Vintage MOTU figures, but the original version had a big problem re: the "web" tangling up in the back-pack. Hopefully they've corrected that for this version.

Stinkor is a hilarious figure, and one I'm also looking forward to getting again. Only in the MOTU line would they make an anthropomorphic skunk - LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by man-e-faces View Post
                    Really looking forward to this wave. The Green Goddess & this version of Beast Man were from the original 1982 mini-comics. Excellent figures! AFAIK, this Beast Man has never been made as a figure before.

Webstor was one of my favorite Vintage MOTU figures, but the original version had a big problem re: the "web" tangling up in the back-pack. Hopefully they've corrected that for this version.

Stinkor is a hilarious figure, and one I'm also looking forward to getting again. Only in the MOTU line would they make an anthropomorphic skunk - LOL.
                    I wish I can make a correction in the title of this thread, this wave suppose to be wave 7 and not 6, but I'm not a staff member here!

BTW hello and welcome aboard Man-E-Faces... FYI this Beat Man suppose to be a recolored version of the Lords of Power Beast Man from the Power-Con 2020 exclusive set (which was based on the earlier concepts of MOTU), and not the early 80's mini-comic version of "red" Beast Man:

Click image for larger version

Name:	mastersoftheuniverselordsofpower29_full.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	521.4 KB
ID:	56724

Comment

Originally posted by Mechanizor View Post
                      BTW hello and welcome aboard Man-E-Faces... FYI this Beat Man suppose to be a recolored version of the Lords of Power Beast Man from the Power-Con 2020 exclusive set (which was based on the earlier concepts of MOTU), and not the early 80's mini-comic version of "red" Beast Man:
                      Thanks for the welcome - glad to be here. Also thanks for the clarification re: the Beast Man figure. I made the correction in my post. I did not know about the previous Beast Man figure that looked similar to this one. In any case, this new version is much more "animalistic" than the original '82 version. Looking forward to getting this, and the rest of the figures in this wave.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X