MOTUO wave 7.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTUO wave 7.

The MOTU Origins wave 7 is up for pre-order from the BigBadToyStore, the new wave consists of 4 figures:
    • Buzz-Off figure
      • Mini comic
    • Jitsu figure
      • Mini comic
    • Sorceress figure
      • Mini comic
    • Stratos (Mini Comic) figure
      • Mini comic

Thanks for the heads up! I just went and bought 2 sets. Looking forward to these guys.
    “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

You're welcome.
      I've pre-ordered only one set, because I might be able to get another set from Amazon (or Target) later on... So far I'm just sticking to two copies per figure, one loose, and one MOC.
      However I only got one of the She-Ra and Orko figures and still in their packages!

Comment

WAVE 7?!?!?!?!?!?!

I swear every time I turn around a new wave is popping up. Not that I try to keep up with the latest wave news. Looks like a decent wave.

I think the only waves that made it my way is the first couple waves. And those didn't last very long. All there is He-Man & Skeletor. The deluxe figures started to pop up but no more.

Comment

Originally posted by MIDOR View Post
          WAVE 7?!?!?!?!?!?!

I swear every time I turn around a new wave is popping up. Not that I try to keep up with the latest wave news. Looks like a decent wave.

I think the only waves that made it my way is the first couple waves. And those didn't last very long. All there is He-Man & Skeletor. The deluxe figures started to pop up but no more.
          Remember this checklist of the previous waves just to keep track :
          https://forum.hemanworld.com/forum/m...gins-checklist

Comment

All the waves...

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Searc...e+wave+origins

​​Wave 3 sold out..
            https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...Details/145762
            Last edited by Andy; 09-02-2021, 07:44 PM.
            “Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.” ~Bertrand Russell

Comment

thanks ya'll.

(not from the south. just felt like saying that word).

Comment

A couple of YT videos from Toy Habits and Retro Toy Escapades talking about the upcoming releases, expectations and whatnot (To keep you excited or less excited ):

Comment

Someone has his/her figures from this wave already?!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1632308150899.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	56941

Name:	1632327037935.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	56942

Name:	1632327106299.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	56943

Name:	1632327188681.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	56944

Comment

The cardback artwork of this wave:

The main easter eggs are: Sy-Klone, Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna and Modulok... I doubt we'll see the mini-comic "Monster of the depth" in a figure form anytime soon, but I'll piss my metal loincloth if we do!

Name:	1632372541722.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	424.0 KB
ID:	56982

Name:	1632372478981.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	373.6 KB
ID:	56981

Name:	1632372416402.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	432.9 KB
ID:	56980

Name:	1632372354376.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	412.0 KB
ID:	56979

Comment

These were also found in Singapore:

Name:	1633064772796.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	466.0 KB
ID:	57028

Comment

The figures look great. I'll buy an extra Sorceress to change out the legs that came with the Temple of Darkness Sorceress. Jitsu is the winner for me from this wave.
                        “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

Excellent news. Looking forward to most of the figures in this wave. As with many of the other Origins figures, I like how the new sculpt/articulation really improves the figure(s). For example, back in the '80's I felt the Vintage Sorceress & Buzz-off figures were just OK. However, these new ones are huge improvements! Well-done. I.e., I'm glad they didn't just go with straight re-releases for this new line.

-I may pass on Stratos; not thrilled with the variant color(s).

-Jitsu looks amazing; I remember one of the early Filmation cartoons had a Jitsu-like character working for Skeletor, but he had a huge, oversized hand - not a gold one like the figure (not sure if the character was the same). In any case, excellent update!

-Sorceress is nice as well. I like how she can hold the staff with both hands.

-Buzz-off looks great. However, as with the Vintage one - I think the figure looks better without the cheesy hat/cap on....so I will put that aside when I display this.

Comment

Well, someone on You Tube found Jitsu and Buzz-Off and made a little video about them:

Comment

Recently got the Origins Jitsu, Sorceress, and Buzz-off. Excellent figures. As I said in my previous post, I like how the added articulation makes these figures obviously superior to the original '80's versions. But, thankfully they have essentially the same sculpts.

Comment

I stumbled onto this today. I'm supposed to be strictly and seriously watch what I spend but couldn't say no.

The "funny' they were with the rest of the line. They were on an end cap.

Sorceress--Never had or wanted as a kid.
                                Jitsu--Had. Liked
                                Nekkid Stratos--A character I never wanted
                                Buzz-Off--Never had or wanted as a kid

My rose colored nostalgia glasses made me support the line and made me remember my childhood and how much the line meant to me. So I couldn't say no.

Comment

We're still getting Wave 6 by me, but I've only found them once when Stinkor or Webstor was available. I ended up buying a second Webstor online. The Eternian Goddess seems to be a shelf warmer at Target and also the Beastman has been available every time, although not multiple copies like the Goddess.

Some less reputable (not saying they're bad, just that I haven't heard of them or they're not big players) websites are pre-ordering Wave 8 already.

I have Wave 7 on pre-order from EE, but haven't received any status updates. They cancelled my Mosquitor order, so I had to pay the extra $2 on BBTS.

Comment

So is anyone getting their Wave 7 (or Eternian Guard) preorders from EE or BBTS? I thought they were major players in the collector market, but I'm still waiting on my preorders from EE while clearly other places are getting them.

Oddly enough I picked up a naked Stratos at Target like a month ago, but I've never seen anything but Wave 6 since and they had nothing else from Wave 7 at the time.

Comment

• Mechanizor
                                      Mechanizor commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Vintage Skeletors?! Those could be third part sellers selling via Amazon!... If you wanna get items directly from the main site, click on the Amazon.com tap on the left site of the page when it's available.

As for the direct shipping of the box without an outer box, usually that happens when you choose Frustration-Free packaging instead of Standard Packaging, however Amazon sometimes does send items naked without the outer boxes on their own without a prior notice, it happened to me with medium/large LEGO sets and kitchen appliances!

• Mathius
                                      Mathius commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      I meant vintage head sculpt Skeletors? Are we talking about the same thing? Either way I'll check into it, but they were all "shipped by Amazon."

I didn't start buying Origins until Wave 5 was already on the shelves, so I'm not sure what wave the vintage head sculpts fell in. I heard they were made to replace the original sculpt that people didn't like (and doesn't make sense with Faker), but there were plenty of Wave 1 He-man/Skeletors to still be had, and I've never seen a Vintage Head He-Man or Skeletor on the shelf. I had to buy them all online.

• Mechanizor
                                      Mechanizor commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Oh, I thought you were talking about the actual vintage Skeletor figure which could've been very $$$ if it was sealed!

As for the vintage head Origins He-Man and Skeletor, I believe they were released in the 3rd or 4th waves right after the deluxe versions that came in with two heads each.

BTW, shipped by Amazon doesn't neccessarily always mean sold by Amazon, there is a difference just you know!... Always check the "seller" and their return policies even if their prices were tempting.

All in all, this line could be one of the best retro remakes from Mattel if the distribution shenanigans are fixed. There are a lot of figures and other units to be made still.

I’ve been away from this site for a bit basically because how frustrated I’ve been with not finding Origins figures here in Canada since the before Christmas. If you want to call me out for pouting then I couldn’t really argue that point with you, lol.

I was downright ticked off about missing out on Webstor and Stinkor (two of my top figures from the vintage line), as well as a few other Origins figures that have eluded me at non-scalper prices have left me not really caring about this line any more.

Then this Thursday happened. I actually found the full wave 7 at my local Walmart. Jitsu has always been near the top of my list, so I was dreading missing out on yet another major villain (major to me anyways).
                                    Happy to have finally stumbled upon some Origins figures at regular retail price, but still pretty bummed out about all the figures I’ve missed out on though. It’s really put a damper on my enthusiasm for this line….

Anyways, just wanted to say how much I love this Jitsu figure, especially keeping the shiny judo chop hand like the original.

Comment

Originally posted by Croc-O-Bite! View Post
                                      I’ve been away from this site for a bit basically because how frustrated I’ve been with not finding Origins figures here in Canada since the before Christmas. If you want to call me out for pouting then I couldn’t really argue that point with you, lol.

I was downright ticked off about missing out on Webstor and Stinkor (two of my top figures from the vintage line), as well as a few other Origins figures that have eluded me at non-scalper prices have left me not really caring about this line any more.

Then this Thursday happened. I actually found the full wave 7 at my local Walmart. Jitsu has always been near the top of my list, so I was dreading missing out on yet another major villain (major to me anyways).
                                      Happy to have finally stumbled upon some Origins figures at regular retail price, but still pretty bummed out about all the figures I’ve missed out on though. It’s really put a damper on my enthusiasm for this line….

Anyways, just wanted to say how much I love this Jitsu figure, especially keeping the shiny judo chop hand like the original.
                                      I have two Targets near me I frequent and the one closest to me has consistently been stocking Wave 6 for a while now, while the other one has had Wave 7 for so long that it's basically just a single peg full of naked Stratos nobody wants at this point.

I was 2 seconds away from taking all the Naked Stratos and setting them in the bulk aisle just to see if they'd finally restock the shelf and maybe get some Wave 8.

Comment

I miss Target. Wish they hadn’t thrown in the towel so quickly up here in Canada….

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X