MOTU Eternia in Origins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTU Eternia in Origins?

What are the chances to see MOTU Origins Eternia playset made?

Click image for larger version

Name:	1632453578222.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	496.6 KB
ID:	56987
    Not a chance! Keep on dreaming...
    14.29%
    Only if it gets a crowd funding.
    71.43%
    A good chance if the other major playsets were made first!
    14.29%
    Only it was released in a separate modular sections to combine afterwards as a single set!
    0%
    Probably will happen as a totally new smaller set without the monorail play feature.
    0%

If guys you look back at the advertised prices back in the 80's of Eternia ($90) and Castle Grayskull ($30) respectively, and today's CG's asking price ($75 MSRP), you could only guess if the Eternia playset is to be made, it will probably go for between $300 and $400 depending on the features and the amount of units produced... Or will it actually go beyond that and reach the collectable premium price range of ($500-$700)?

Comment

I suspect if it happens, it will be a pre-order item. It would all depend on sales.
      “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

Originally posted by Black Zodac View Post
        I suspect if it happens, it will be a pre-order item. It would all depend on sales.
        From the PC Mattel panel, in the questionnaire section, they said right now their doing 2 vehicles per year, and as for the playsets, Ruben Martinez has hinted it depends on the timing and such, and they're looking for also multiple options including DTC (direct to consumer/pre-order) items and/or crowd funded items...

I'm only guessing here that Castle Grayskull is very iconic and very popular and that's why it was allocated to the casual retail market, where Snake Mountain and the Fright Zone aren't as known or as popular and could become DTC items, and if things go well, Eternia might be a crowd funded item due to its size and anonymity or a DTC item.

Whatever the case maybe, I hope we the hardcore fans would be able to get all the items without any issues... 30-40 years ago things were so different and there was no e-commerce for kids and adults to get access to toys and collectables.
        Now it's a lot easier for most to have a chance at getting such items if they're readily available without the mercy of the extreme limitations of exclusivities!

We shall see...

Comment

First of all, great vintage '80's MOTU ad in the OP. It looks like it's taken from a 1986/1987 Sears holiday catalog, or something similar.

I remember seeing the massive Eternia playset in TRU sometime in the late '80's. I had stopped collecting MOTU by that time, but it still looked like a great toy. However, the large size gave me pause. I.e., not only was it expensive (by late '80's standards), but I definitely had no place to put this.

I hope this is re-made for those who want this, but I doubt I would get it - again, due to the size & expense. I agree that it would probably cost $400-$500 (if not more) in today's market. I also agree it definitely wouldn't be a mass-retail item due to the size & cost. If it were made at all - and that's iffy.

Yes, I can see it as being made if it were crowd-funded....possibly similar to the great Kickstarter-funded Star Wars Sail Barge that came out several years back. I didn't get this either due to the size & expense - but, it is an amazing toy!

Comment

• Mechanizor
            Mechanizor commented
            Editing a comment
            I think you should get it especially if it's only a crown funded item.

If you decided to keep it that's great, but if you decided to sell it on the secondary market later on, I assure you'll make a good chunk on your investment.

Nothing really shocks me anymore. I could see Eternia being made. I could also see it being very expensive.
          "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Atkin View Post
            Nothing really shocks me anymore. I could see Eternia being made. I could also see it being very expensive.
            Would you buy it if it happens, and sell the vintage version if it was up to par?

I cannot remember if you're vintage completest or not!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X