Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mechanizor
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, rumor has it that MOTU is being purchased now by Nutlich Inc, so keep on dreaming about that Origins 200X Randor dude...

• Croc-O-Bite!
    replied
    That will be great to get 200X Randor.
    He was my biggest want that didn’t happen in the Classics line.

I just hope he gets released before April once MOTU shuts down and leaves Mattel….🤦‍♂️

Leave a comment:

• Mechanizor
    commented on 's reply
    Apparently, this art work comes from the leaked wave 13 card backs!

The wave 13 assortment has these upcoming leaked figures:
    King Randor 200X, Dragon Blaster Skeletor, Snake Face, Snake Teela, Snake Troopers and probably Slamurai... And now Duplico?!
    Last edited by Mechanizor; 01-24-2023, 12:48 AM.

• Mechanizor
    replied
    The next potential upcoming (none Snake Men) figures are shown in this art, 200X Randor and Duplico (Rulers of the Sun):

Click image for larger version  Name:	ME15XFYX_o.png Views:	7 Size:	757.9 KB ID:	58818
    Click image for larger version  Name:	ME15XFYW_o.png Views:	6 Size:	821.8 KB ID:	58819
    Last edited by Mechanizor; 01-24-2023, 12:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mechanizor
    replied
    Someone has some of the wave 12 figures in hand:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1674355029574649.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	188.6 KB
ID:	58804

Name:	1674355090257237.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	204.8 KB
ID:	58805

Name:	1674355151055099.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	200.2 KB
ID:	58806

Name:	1674355212415831.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	406.0 KB
ID:	58807

Name:	1674355548286313.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	401.0 KB
ID:	58808

Leave a comment:

• Mechanizor
    replied
    A quick review of SA Skeletor from Collecting Classics on YT:

Leave a comment:

• Mechanizor
    replied
    Toy Habits has a little article about the teases in the wave 12's art:

Leave a comment:

• Mechanizor
    replied
    Some card art from wave 12 with some hints:

Name:	ME15X1C8_o.png
Views:	40
Size:	467.5 KB
ID:	58785

Name:	ME15X1CA_o.png
Views:	37
Size:	434.9 KB
ID:	58787

Name:	ME15X1CB_o.png
Views:	37
Size:	324.7 KB
ID:	58788

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Mechanizor
    replied
    Origins wave 12 is hitting West Australia's streets already, so it's just a matter of time to get them here in North America and the rest of the world (if there is still any proper distribution left?):

Click image for larger version  Name:	ME15X00G_o.png Views:	0 Size:	1.19 MB ID:	58782

Leave a comment:

• MIDOR
    commented on 's reply
    Hm. Not bad. Don't remember if I have 2002 Snake Armor Skeletor. Probably a why not pick up for me.

• Mechanizor
    replied
    A couple of images of the Snake Armor Skeletor:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Snake-Armor-Skeletor-MOTU-Origins-In-Hand.jpeg?resize=576%2C1024&ssl=1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	160.0 KB ID:	58778
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Snake-Armor-Skeletor-Masters-of-the-Universe-Origins-Card-Front..jpg?resize=768%2C768&ssl=1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	98.8 KB ID:	58779

I've pre-ordered this from BBTS a while back, and hopefully the rest of the wave 12 will be available soon to pre-order/order... I've never gotten this character during the 200X era, so I'm bumped to get this one.
    I really hope more of the major 200X iterations will be made into Origins, if not all of them...

Leave a comment:

• Mechanizor
    commented on 's reply
    Got it... Thanks for painting a better picture.
    Regardless, try enjoying the toys and the experience even though it's all "plastic" at the end of the day! LOL

• man-e-faces
    commented on 's reply
    I live in the Southwestern U.S. (TX), and I shop for MOTU toys both online & in stores. I prefer to get them in stores - given that I can sometimes find them that way & they're typically cheaper than online. I do shop online as well, but online prices sometimes tend to be more expensive. Of course, the increased online prices are arguably worth it, of course - given that even if you're spending more $, you're saving on gas/time/wear & tear on your car, etc.

In general, I find it easier to find Masterverse toys in stores much more than Origins toys. Origins figures are typically very difficult to find in stores - especially the regular carded figures, given the Wave 7 peg-warming fiasco. So, most of the new Origins figures that I've gotten since late 2021 have been online - excluding this recent Mekanek/Ground Ripper set, Leech, and Snout Spout.

• Mechanizor
    commented on 's reply
    Congrats, and this sets rocks as is IMHO. Probably Mekaneck could be released as a single carded figure, or a variant figure down the road.

BTW, where do you live Man-E-Faces? And why don't you hunt those MOTU toys online instead of missing out on them in retail?... Sometimes the extra few dollars you spend on each figure will save you time, commute money and aggravation down the road... Assuming you live in an accessible location.

All my MOTU collection aside from the 200X days is 100% online experience.

• man-e-faces
    replied
    I recently picked up the Road Ripper (AKA "Ground Ripper") and Mekanek set @ retail (Target). Excellent set! It's one of the few new Origins toys I have been able to find @ retail in the past couple of years - given that Wave 7 is still peg-warming.

I'm glad that this figure & vehicle came together, since I strongly believe that if they were only available individually - they would have been much harder to track down. I.e., I don't think I would ever have seen the Mekanek on an individual card - it would certainly have been extremely HTF (especially given that any non-deluxe carded figures beyond Wave 7 are tough to find, anyway). And, the Ground Ripper/Road Ripper is an iconic/popular & somewhat small vehicle - so would probably have been tough to find (on it's own) as well.

And, as it stands - this set seems to be selling well.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I was disappointed due to this newer Origins Ground Ripper not having the previous version's "rip-cord" feature; and, Mekanek doesn't have the "waist twist" feature of the original toy, enabling you to turn the figure & extend the neck that way. However, now that I have the set I'm getting used to this not having the earlier, Vintage features. The main elements still exist - i.e., you can still roll the "Road Ripper" on the floor, and you can still give Mekanek an extendable neck. I also like the second head that's included for the Road Ripper, which is a nice touch.

Leave a comment:

• Mechanizor
    replied
    I just saw this posted on the official MOTU instagram page by Mattel. I wonder if this is a hint of the next vehicle in Origins?:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnUp75PuqFM/

Name:	ME15VPIY_o.png
Views:	67
Size:	1,022.1 KB
ID:	58725

Leave a comment:

• Mechanizor
    replied
    Here is a little something that was posted on a UK based site, and I took a screenshot of it:

Name:	ME15QQYP_o.png
Views:	88
Size:	437.3 KB
ID:	58683

- Skeleoton Warriors 2-Pack set
    - Screech/Skeletor 2-Pack set.
    - Snakemen 4-Pack set, and that could have different assortment, my hope it will be: Lord Grasp, Lady Slither, Reptilax and Terroar.

Leave a comment:

• Mechanizor
    commented on 's reply
    Why in hell the Horde Troopers variants (red and black) weren't offered like this to this day? Sigh...

• Mechanizor
    replied
    Now Space Sumo Origins from the Rulers of the Son sub-branch is offered on MC as a single carded figure on Dec 14th 9:00 AM PT:

https://creations.mattel.com/product...n-figure-hdy27

Click image for larger version  Name:	zziczgkwyqhysvoezzru_6dd8fa2b-16de-4ca7-b838-8936587ed7aa.jpg?v=1670614512.jpg Views:	0 Size:	466.0 KB ID:	58654

Leave a comment:

• Mechanizor
    commented on 's reply
    Finally the Wonder Bread dude has arrived...

Now Camo Khan is due to arrive next week.

• Mechanizor
    replied
    More bigger pics:

Name:	226f0b247db52eb683c71470cc53027a.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	373.5 KB
ID:	58648 Click image for larger version

Name:	ce622962ccc50c1fc13c0d1b9e34b618.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	364.8 KB
ID:	58649

Name:	91bfa8906de48eec2c1f0df3627ebc09.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	379.9 KB
ID:	58650

Leave a comment:

• Mechanizor
    replied
    Someone from the other board has posted this:

This is from my contacts in the industry, posted in the speculation thread a few weeks ago-

Wave 12 (Spring 2023)

Tung Lashor
    Snake Armor Skeletor
    Hypno
    Roboto minicomic redeco

Wave 13 (Summer 2023)

Snake Teela
    Snake Trooper (not sure if this is a Snakeman army builder or a Snake Horde trooper)
    Slamurai
    King Randor redeco (probably 200x)

Deluxe Wave (Summer 2023)

Dragon Blaster Skeletor
    Snake Face

Exclusives

Moss man (Walmart)
    Infiltration Guard (Online retailers)​
    Even though it sounds more likely these are the correct SKUs, Mattel could change things at any given moment...

Leave a comment:

• Mechanizor
    replied
    A bigger pic of mini-comic Roboto:

Name:	1670613446153806.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	202.1 KB
ID:	58645

Leave a comment:

• Mechanizor
    replied
    Origins wave 12 pics found their way online:

Name:	1670615693764586.png
Views:	46
Size:	931.1 KB
ID:	58643

Leave a comment:

• Mechanizor
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, but he got stock in Kansas so far! Assuming that what they've sent correctly...

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X