Super 7 movie Conan figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super 7 movie Conan figures

I’m putting this thread here because of how cartoony Conan’s head sculpt turned out in final production. I think he’ll actually fit in with MOTUC figures now, because that head sculpt looks nothing like the prototype.

http://thefwoosh.com/2021/01/super7-...fighter-conan/

I’ve quietly defended Super 7 as being not that bad, as I’ve been extremely lucky with all my Super 7 Classics/Ultimates being QC free. My thinking was I couldn’t have been the only one receiving good quality dip...
    I don’t consider having to heat up a figure’s head first to do a swap a big deal (I’ve always erred on the side of caution with all my figures anyway), and even though Super 7’s shiny plastic is annoying that didn’t bother me either because using a spray can with a clear matte finish is such a simple fix (of course I’d prefer not having to do it).
    But this head sculpt is indefensible if you were looking forward a movie version of Conan. It looks like a movie accurate costume with a cartoon head slapped on. And hopefully it’s just the lighting, but the shininess of this plastic looks be be even worse. Did the factory seal the paint with Turtle Wax and buff the figures to a perfect shine??

But on the bright side for me, I may now order this figure because of the cartoonish head and add him to one of my MOTUC shelves. I originally passed on this line because I found them too realistic to fit in with my Classics figures, as I did with the MOTU movie figures.

I’m curious to see reviews of the rest of the wave now.

Hmm, I think his portraits' plastic and the sculpt are a bit too soft looking and a bit shiny for my likening. The portrait with the open mouth is a bit creepy looking and not in good way, IMHO!

The rest of the figure and the accessories look good though... I skipped on S7's offering after Snake Mountain, because they're unpredictable in all aspects!

Here's a video review of the figure from Toy Bro:

Last edited by Mechanizor; 01-31-2021, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Thanks for posting the review.

The glossiness on the skin colour is even stronger in this video than the Fwoosh review
      Those eyes make me instantly think of manga. Call me crazy though, I want the figure more now for my MOTUC shelf than I did before

Comment

Originally posted by Croc-O-Bite! View Post
        Thanks for posting the review.

The glossiness on the skin colour is even stronger in this video than the Fwoosh review
        Those eyes make me instantly think of manga. Call me crazy though, I want the figure more now for my MOTUC shelf than I did before
        I cannot see him fit well with the average MOTUC figures, maybe closer to the movie figures! But that's just me...

Comment

I have a sort of “Preternia” shelf, with Vikor, Vykron, Eldor, Battleground Teela, Wun-Dar (w/ custom shoulder gear), Oo-lar (I freaking hate that name, FU Scott!), among others. I think he’ll fit in there for me, just maybe not it the front row.

Comment

Originally posted by Croc-O-Bite! View Post
            I have a sort of “Preternia” shelf, with Vikor, Vykron, Eldor, Battleground Teela, Wun-Dar (w/ custom shoulder gear), Oo-lar (I freaking hate that name, FU Scott!), among others. I think he’ll fit in there for me, just maybe not it the front row.
            Yeah, it makes sense with those figures, but if you place him next to Spikor, Man-E-Faces, MAA, Trap-Jaw, Mer-Man, Skeletor etc, he would look a little out of place IMHO.

Comment

• Croc-O-Bite!
              Croc-O-Bite! commented
              Editing a comment
              I don’t disagree.

Just seeing this figure for the first time. The yelling face looks like it's from a wallace and gromit episode. The frowny face is better by default but looks like a young Val Kilmer. I don't like that elbow joint. that piece sticking out when you bend the forearem up. It looks nice though.

Comment

That's a hard pass from me. I'm amazed that Super 7 is still chugging along an there's been no news on how Snake Mountain sold and at what quantity.
              “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
              Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

More Conan the Barbarian video reviews from Toy-Bro are up, starting with Thorgrim:

Rexor:

Thulsa Doom:

Comment

Originally posted by GREP-A-TOR View Post
                  That's a hard pass from me. I'm amazed that Super 7 is still chugging along an there's been no news on how Snake Mountain sold and at what quantity.
                  I'll be surprised to see those SM numbers published to the public!
                  Brian isn't dumb to take such a "risky" task by not making a nice chunk from it. Sales persons will always say: Oh we're barely making enough (if any) to cover our costs!
                  They already ran the numbers beforehand and established the pre-orders to see if it's a go or not. Remember also that third party merchants were also involved, and those people will also need to make a profit otherwise no one would bother!

Comment

So I ended up placing an order for Pit Fighter Conan and Thulsa Doom from a Canadian retailer and they finally arrived this week.

I think Thulsa Doom turned out to be an awesome figure. It helps that the only ‘flesh’ on the figure is the face, so the shine is minimal. But actually, the shine is hardly noticeable, nothing like most other Super 7 releases on the Classics buck. I’m impressed with how much soft rubbery plastic is used in the proper instances, like the cape, hair, and skirt. So glad I decided to get him, as I was thinking of only going with just Conan. Thulsa Doom turned out so well that it makes me wish I had ordered the MOTU movie figures, especially if the softer plastic was used for capes and such like with TD. (I don’t know as I never actually watched any in hand reviews or read and in depth reviews of the MOTU movie figures).

Conan I’m glad I got too, despite the glossiness of the skin tone (matte spray will fix that) or the cartoony face. The range of motion on the head is good thanks to the use of the rubbery plastic for the hair and straps on the helmet. I think the less than realistic headsculpt helps him fit in better on my Preternia shelf.

I also have the iconic pose movie Conan preordered, but that’s supposed to go with my Thulsa Doom so hopefully his headsculpt actually looks like Arnie once released

Comment

• Mechanizor
                      Mechanizor commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm glad that you're enjoying them... Congrats.

I kind of regret not collecting this line. Those are great looking figures!
                    “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X