No announcement yet.

Lords of Power by FORMO Toys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To each their own. I think there are some cool designs and some potential here, but I don't intend to pay $30 for a figure with the old school 5 points of articulation.

Comment

I'm breaking my silence just to share this interview (conducted by Joe Amato from the Fans of Power YT channel) with Emiliano Santalucia about Formo Toys and the Lords of Power action figure line:

I think this action figure line is an awesome start for a such new small company like Formo Toys that was founded by Emiliano and his friends. And let's just hope the QC of the factory they're working with will meet the expectations of the fans.
      I'll try my best to support this line from its inception to the day it blossoms to something bigger; hopefully.

Formo Toy's YT channel link:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp4...iATUemxOUOOtvw

Comment

• Andy
        Andy
        Taking the Circular Path
        Andy commented
        Editing a comment
        Emiliano mentioned wanting to do mini comics eventually but not having the time to do it. I highly recommend the services of Danbrenus who has the skills to pull it off flawlessly!

I like the look of the translucent blue on the Geenie guy. For me anyway, it helps improve a figure I wasn’t too keen on. Still not a fan of the geenie lamp on a pole though….(sounds like a Vince Russo stipulation match, lol)

I’d rank them:

1) barefoot barbarian
      2) green guy based off Mark Taylor’s b-sheet
      3) Jack Kirby styled armour
      4​​​​​​) Sharella with a Z
      5) Derlok
      6) geenie
      7) Pantera

Comment

I guess I kind of stepped away from the dot org for a bit. Now I'm playing catch up and thus finally getting to what the dot org thinks. They seem to love it.

Comment

With cheesy 80's intro & everything. I really like some of the art stills that fly through the video.
          “Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.” ~Bertrand Russell

Comment

Got to admit, nicely done.

Doesn't make me want to collect the line. Makes me want to listen to heavy metal music.

Originally posted by Andy View Post

With cheesy 80's intro & everything. I really like some of the art stills that fly through the video.

Comment

Pre-order announcement..
              “Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.” ~Bertrand Russell

Comment

If heavy metal was an action figure it would be this line. Still doesn't make me want to buy it. I don't think I'm a fan of this.

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                Pre-order announcement..

Comment

• Andy
                  Andy
                  Taking the Circular Path
                  Andy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lol. You're not the only one. I've seen many of comments about being turned off... especially about Pantera. Which ironically is also an American heavy metal band. Though I really thought everyone would want a translucent blue genie in their life. J/k lol

• Mathius
                  Mathius commented
                  Editing a comment
                  How are they not going to get sued over "Pantera" ? Also curious if they have Mark Taylor rights?

• Andy
                  Andy
                  Taking the Circular Path
                  Andy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I thought alot about that too but someone else said that unless the cowboys from hell have an action figure trademark, there shouldn't be any issues. (I'm not IP expert BTW, I just don't think it will even show up on their radar...but if it did they'd probably like it or at least crack up with shitty grins on their faces.)

Emil did a podcast talking about Mark Taylor and it almost sounded like a collaboration or something along the lines of passing on his work with permission.

I'm actually most surprised they can get away with Barbaros since he has been documented as an early He-man concept.

Ok. Andy, what you are saying about Emilio, Mark and a podcast helps me understand the approach this line is taking. And thus softening a bit my opinion on things.

Which is I'm not high on the line itself and where (the angle) they are coming from. But IF there was some kind of permission or some kind of conversation to produce his work or just to preserve it then that I can understand and respect.

Comment

Originally posted by MIDOR View Post
                  Ok. Andy, what you are saying about Emilio, Mark and a podcast helps me understand the approach this line is taking. And thus softening a bit my opinion on things.

Which is I'm not high on the line itself and where (the angle) they are coming from. But IF there was some kind of permission or some kind of conversation to produce his work or just to preserve it then that I can understand and respect.
                  Around the 16:00 & 45:00 mark while he talks about the Adversary...
                  Andy
                  Taking the Circular Path
                  Last edited by Andy; 01-01-2022, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	PicsArt_01-10-05.33.58.png Views:	0 Size:	1.28 MB ID:	57728
                    Welcome to our sixth newsletter.

We are only 8 days away from opening up the pre-orders for Lords of Power - The Beginning!

Since creating toys takes so much time, we thought about offering sweet extras for this first wave: our Early Bird Kit, containing a foldable cardboard Castle Dragonstone that you can use as a backdrop once the figures arrive at your door!

But while you wait, you can populate your display with 5.5” scale cardboard punch-out figures.
                    • Pre-orders open January 18th, 2022 at 12:00pm (noon) EST on formotoys.com and will close on March 6th, 2022.
                    • You can pre-order the full set of 6 carded Lords of Power figures. Each figure also includes a part of the Divine Armor! Complete the Divine Armor figure with the full set of 6 figures. Individual figures will go on pre-order March 7th from our network of retailers and distributors around the world.
                    • The Full Power Set of 6 Wave 1 Lords of Power Figures includes the Limited Edition Early Bird Kit- $200 plus shipping & handling - The Early Bird Kit includes a 26.5" by 18" fold-out cardboard Castle Dragonstone, a sheet of 5.5" punch-out cardboard characters, and a poster by Mat O’Toole. The Early Bird Kits will be individually numbered and shipped out around May 2022. The figures are estimated to ship in last quarter of 2022.
                    • You can also pre-order the Regular Set of 6 Wave 1 Lords of Power Figures- $179.94 plus shipping & handling - without the early bird kit.
                    • There are no limits on how many Full Power Sets and Regular Sets each customer can pre-order.​
                    • Formo Toys will ship worldwide. Partnering with USPS, FedEx, UPS, DHL & more.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	PicsArt_01-10-05.33.09.png Views:	0 Size:	1.84 MB ID:	57729

I don't know if there's a comic in the works but the art here is sweet!

Click image for larger version  Name:	PicsArt_01-10-05.33.32.png Views:	0 Size:	1.96 MB ID:	57730

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X