Mike Cahill on Masters of the Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Cahill on Masters of the Universe

In a recent interview with Craveonline.ca, filmmaker Mike Cahill (I Origins, Another Earth) revealed that he was in consideration to work on the Masters of the Universe film by Sony Pictures. Here are a few excerpts from the interview:

If you get to do Masters of the Universe, will Brit play She-Ra?

[Laughs] I’m not doing Masters of the Universe.

Definitely not?

Definitely not.

Are those the kinds of big movies you got into filmmaking to do though?

No. The big movies that I got into film to do are movies that have spectacle but meaning. I don’t know if you’ve ever read that script.

The Masters script? I haven’t.

It was ultimately a story about brothers which is really kind of interesting, and brothers coming to war with one another, kind of a Cain and Abel story.

How did you end up meeting on that and even being in consideration?

Sony contacted my agents. It was my favorite toy growing up, so I was like, “Hell yeah, I’ll meet.???

Mine too!

I kinda wanted to learn about what they were doing. It’s your favorite too but you didn’t get to read the script. I did. I got a super password protected one, but I certainly wanted to engage just to see what they were going to do, but they didn’t offer it to me. They just had a conversation with me.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n23261[/ATTACH]
    You can read the entire interview at Craveonline.ca
    Attached Files
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

"It was ultimately a story about brothers which is really kind of interesting, and brothers coming to war with one another, kind of a Cain and Abel story."

Well, that is all kinds of interesting. Maybe like an original movie to establish Eternia and concentrate on the royal family? How awesome would it be if the ending had Hordak kidnapping Adora!

Probably won't happen - but sounds better than He-Man showing up on Earth with product placement out the arse.
    “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
    Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

He turned He-Man and Skeletor into brothers, didn't he?
      “A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

• D.M.
        D.M. commented
        Editing a comment
        @Deano_ue Yeah, but what are the chances of movie centering around Randor and Skeletor?

• Captain Atkin
        Captain Atkin commented
        Editing a comment
        From what I've heard, the story would have focused on Adam becoming He-Man, but also dealt with the feud between Randor and Skeletor.

• D.M.
        D.M. commented
        Editing a comment
        Isn't that from techno-katana, magic hating tatooed Skeletor rubbish script? There Randor got killed pretty early in the picture, I think.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X