MOTU 2019 Film Toyline Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTU 2019 Film Toyline Thoughts

So we know a film has been announced for a December 2019 release. It also goes without saying there will likely be a toyline which will be out just in time for the holidays. How do you hope to see it handled? Should we expect an Imaginext line similar to what's happening with Wonder Woman? Would you like to see Classic and 200X design variants released with movie designs in the same way most of the Marvel movie toylines have been handled? Are there any other movie tie-ins you would like to see?
    I make my own MOTU video games. Wanna see?
    http://www.dailymotion.com/wallbie
    http://wallbie.deviantart.com/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/wallbieswarriors

I think they need to look at how Hasbro is handling Star Wars, and try to emulate that success in the toy stores.
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Are the Star Wars toys a success because of Hasbro or the brand itself? I think it's the brand and collectors loyalty to it. There are plenty of complaints about Hasbro's decisions with the toy line.

Comment

One of my biggest toy dreams was and still is to see a real LEGO branded MOTU line, not MegaBloks or other Chinese clone brick based brands, but I know it won't happen, probably ever!
        However I'll be more than happy just to see a decently articulated full fledged 4 " MOTU line with creatures, vehicles and playsets, but I have a feeling I won't see this happening either!

Heck, I don't know if we ever gonna see MOTUC vehicles, creatures and Playsets continuing either at this point, Snake-Mountain anyone?!...

Comment

• Captain Atkin
          Captain Atkin commented
          Editing a comment
          Doubtful that you will see MOTU LEGO, as LEGO and Mattel are competing toy companies.

• Mechanizor
          Mechanizor commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I know, especially after Mattel has purchased MegaBloks.

movie toy lines are usually 1 wave & just the main characters. expect 4 or 5 figures of the main characters only, maybe 1 vehicle & some role play toys for kids. that's how most movie lines go these days. any secondary characters won't get toys.
        http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Comment

• Mechanizor
          Mechanizor commented
          Editing a comment
          True, if the Toy line was only based on the movie...

For the retail line (aimed to kids) I expect 2 waves (Vanilla He-Man, Core characters to the movie, wave 2 "Toy inspired variant that may or may not be in the movie" He-Man and some of the missing core folks.) I don't mention skeletor due to the rumor of Skeletor not being the villain. Maybe 1-2 vehicles and Castle Grayskull (featuring the only version of Sorceress in the line... I know jerk move but Mattel).

Now I'd expect Mattel to work a deal with Super 7 to do a "Classicized" Movie Club with the core characters for the Adult Collector.
        I ♥ Glimmer!

Comment

• Captain Atkin
          Captain Atkin commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't take much stock in that rumor about Skeletor not being in the film. Skeletor is the most popular and iconic character in MOTU.

• Jyrki
          Jyrki commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed with Atkin. After all Skeletor is most known villain in MOTU.

• Crespo
          Crespo commented
          Editing a comment
          I loathe that rumor as well, but since it's going around and this is SONY we're talking about... IT COULD Happen.

i'm not going to daydream or do some kind of movie fan fic because:

1. Let's not look past the movie itself.

2. let's not rush things.

3. I will believe a movie when I see it. and even then I still probably won't believe it.

I have no idea how I would make the movie look like or the approach to characters like Cringer and Orko.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X