What characters do you want to see in the new movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Captain Atkin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2013

What characters do you want to see in the new movie?

What characters do you hope make an appearance in the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie? Sound off below!
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man
  • Jktotten
    Heroic Warrior
    • Dec 2013

Only the essentials... At least for the first film. Adam/He-Man, Man-at-Arms, Teela, Sorceress, Randor, Marlena... I hope they don't try to fill it full of extraneous characters, a la "X-Men: The Last Stand". No Stratos, Ram Man, Man E Faces, etc... Unless the story calls for them, of course. But I hope they don't sacrifice story development for random character cameos!

Comment

• Mo-Larr
      hello
      • Dec 2013

If we got a Trilogy...

Episode 1: Heroic Warriors vs Skeletor
      Episode 2: Heroic Warriors vs King Hsss
      Episode 3: Heroic Warriors & Pop vs Hordak

Comment

• Nankeiro
        Ocean Warlord
        • Dec 2013

Straight up? Hmm... MAA, The King and Queen, Teela, Skeletor, Mer-Man, Beast Man... It has to be made in a way they release the characters in a very smart way...

Comment

• TechTrek
          Heroic Mechanic
          • Jan 2014

the king and queen should be minor characters. along with sorceress. (minor as in time on screen, not minor importance) as far as the heroic group. Heman, Teela, BattleCat, Man at Arms. (with possible rammy, mek and stratos). The villains should just be Skelly, with Lyn, Beastman, Triclops and trapjaw. I don't think people should be worried about 'balance" of these characters. because they are side characters, we should understand that they are minor, and fun to see, and hopefully will be done well, but I do not want to see a MOTU movie without them. the characters, and fun is what makes it so good!

Comment

• Y2Greg
            Nostalgic Eternian
            • Dec 2013

For the Evil Warriors - Skeletor, Panthor, Screech, Beast Man, Mer-Man, Evil-Lyn, Jitsu, Night Stalker, Blade, and Whiplash. Then for the Heroic Warriors - He-Man, Battle Cat, Man-At-Arms, Stratos, Fisto, Stridor, Teela, Charger, Ram Man, Man-E-Faces, Sorceress, Zoar, Gwildor, and Extendar. Castle Grayskull, Snake Mountain, and Zodac too!

Comment

• Black Zodac
              Heroic Warrior
              • Dec 2013

I would like to see Zodac (or Zodak) in the first movie. The more Cosmic Enforcers, the better
              “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

• Pinch
                To the Ends of the Earth would you follow me...
                • Jan 2014

He-Man Battle Cat MAA Teela King Randor Zodac Ram Man Skeletor Beast Man Evil Lyn Trap Jaw Mer Man Count Marzo

Comment

• TechTrek
                  TechTrek commented
                  Editing a comment
                  interesting choice with Marzo, he would be crazy cool in a movie!

Personally I'm really flexible here. Comic themed movies with large casts of characters can sink or swim. I loved every film in the X-Men franchise and had very few gripes about them (and the few that I had were superficial fan boy stuff that I easily forgot), even with all their mutant silliness and their lame made for movie mutants (like that flying fairy chick that was played by Lenny Kravitz's daughther, bleck) they were popular, faithful, enjoyable and highly rewatchable movies. Yes fanboys, even the "wrapped up in 1 movie pseudo Dark Phoenix story with no Shi-Ar" X-Men 3 was a good film. At least in my opinion. Heck, I even forgave the use of the Internet meme "I'm the Juggernaut, b-itch!", because the timing was sheer genius! I spat my soda.

Some things work for film, and some things do not. I have my own personal visions of how a MOTUC movie will flow, and how characters will look. While I would not have the main cast look like they were ripped from the pages of the Filmation bible, highly faithful interpretations could actually fly onscreen if handed correctly. I would love to see a cast of 10 core characters, with others popping up through the film, either during flashback sequences, or mentioned as heroes, legends, or frankly just killed in one awesome sequence.

Im sure some people would love for Meckanek to get lengthy screen time, but I'm okay with him being quickly dispatched by Clawful, cementing him as a true menace, and not some bungling babbling, buffoon, only to have Ram Man exact vengeance for the loss of his beloved friend during the movies final battle. However, maybe just having Clawful crush the skulls of a few royal guardsmen would appease Mek's fans and allow him a presence in a future film.

Honestly, this film has so much potential if the material lands in the right hands, I'm happy to just withhold my opinions and my own personal desires and see what develops. If a film about fat hobbits, beer guzzling dwarves, and endless hordes of terrifying man flesh craving Orcs (man flesh, heh) can soar into a billion dollar film (I'm the) juggernaut (b-itch!), why can't MOTU?
                Last edited by Guest; 01-08-2014, 06:05 AM.

Comment

• Grayskull
                  3D Tinkerer
                  • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Mo-Larr View Post
                  If we got a Trilogy...

Episode 1: Heroic Warriors vs Skeletor
                  Episode 2: Heroic Warriors vs King Hsss
                  Episode 3: Heroic Warriors & Pop vs Hordak
                  I agree with this!
                  Episode 1 should have: Heman, King and Queen, Teela, Man at arms, Sorceress, Stratos and Ramman, Evil warriors: Skelly, Evillyn, Merman, Triklops, Beastman and Trapjaw

Episode 2 should add: Mossman,Fisto, Zodac, Clawful, Webstor, Kobra Khan, King Hiss and his snakemen

Episode 3(based on "Secret of the sword") should add: Hordak, Mantenna, Catra, Leech, Grizzlor, Scorpia, She-ra, Bow, Glimmer, Angella, Spikor, Whiplash, Buzzoff, Mekaneck

Comment

• Croc-O-Bite!
                    Filmation sucks
                    • Dec 2013

I'm hoping it's just the 8-back characters, with the inclusion of Evil-Lyn. I think less is more in an origin movie, and I'd hate for a character to get "Baned" (as in 1997 Bane) just to squeeze them in.
                    I'd also hope the movie would follow the original mini-comics.
                    The main reason why is because doing the Adam/He-man secret identity thing will be really tricky to pull off in a movie..... You either run the risk of not having He-man in the story enough while trying to tell the origin story, or you run the risk of falling into the trap Filmation did where it seems like every time you turn around Adam's doing the transformation scene yet again.
                    I just think the odds of telling a better story could happen without the secret identity baggage, and sticking mostly to the original 8-back characters would help, if they're not going in the Filmation secret identity direction.

Comment

• Jktotten
                      Heroic Warrior
                      • Dec 2013

Masters of the 80s did a just-for-fun video on new movie casting. http://youtu.be/w1rXxnXA-XA I like some of the casting and I like the basic character choices...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X