No announcement yet.

Who would YOU cast in the HE-MAN movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would YOU cast in the HE-MAN movie?

Who would you like to see play He-Man and the other Masters of the Universe characters?

Kellan Lutz was mentioned years ago after the Twilight Saga. He is playing Hercules in the 2014 movie. He was already built well and gained muscle for the Hercules movie. In my opinion he would still be a great younger He-Man with options for sequels. His female fanbase doesnt hurt either

Here are move pics Greek attire that show the potential IMO:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-Hercules.html

On a sidenote I always thought the power sword to be the size of a gladius.

Thor's younger brother, Liam Hemsworth, looks like a good fit for He-Man to me.

"We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

I agree about Thor's brother. I keep seeing those posters of Chris in that race car movie. His long blond hair, and shaved face. He looks perfect. and since obviously they would not use Chris, His brother could easily do the job. They both have that young boyish charm, with a great masculine look. I feel so awkward saying that! lol. but i hope you guys know what I mean.

Comment

My wife wants Thor to play He-Man. She's unbiased as they come as she knows nothing about the super heroes/MOTU worlds. Liam looks like he could be a good he-man. Time will tell. I really want a movie. It's time. I don't expect it to be what I'd like to see. But I'm open to new avenues & possibilities.

Comment

Liam Hemsworth is a good actor, and he looks like he could easily transition from Prince Adam to He-Man on film. He also has a huge female fan base, which doesn't hurt. I suspect he is in the top 5 list for contenders. Oh, and lets not forget that he acted alongside the great Dolph Lundgren in Expendables 2!
          “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

If a MOTU movie ever does get made, I'd like to see ALL unknown players. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. Studios rely on big name stars to sell tickets. Talk about no faith in their product. LOL! The main players need to be some unheard of body builders from Europe or something. The female leads should be unknown, up and coming performers.

Comment

Kellan Lutz is so far the only viable option for a young, fresh, in demand actor that has the look and physique to be He-Man, and enough of a fan base to pull in a whole new generation of fans. His acting chops could use a little seasoning.

Originally posted by Black Zodac View Post
              Liam Hemsworth is a good actor, and he looks like he could easily transition from Prince Adam to He-Man on film. He also has a huge female fan base, which doesn't hurt. I suspect he is in the top 5 list for contenders. Oh, and lets not forget that he acted alongside the great Dolph Lundgren in Expendables 2!
              I had the pleasure of spending quite of bit of time in Liam Hemworth's company last year. He may be polite, and he may be popular with the ladies, but he about is about as interesting a sack of dried fish. He's also not that good of an actor.
              Last edited by Sky Runner; 01-08-2014, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Liam Hemsworth looks good for the part, and I have enjoyed his movies. As for him possibly being boring in real life… I will say that most actors who I have met in person tend to seem "off" when around us normal folk
                “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

Just came across these pictures of Liam Hemsworth with a lion. He looks pretty comfortable with a big cat next to him.

Comment

A heavyweight body builder.

I don't want some stringy pretty boy playing he-man.

Comment

• zombihamma
                      zombihamma commented
                      Editing a comment
                      BOOM! read my mind!

I'll do some googling tonight, but honestly, outside of Kellan Lutz, I can't think of anyone who would fill those fuzzy boots. Hollywood would have to find a virtual unknown, because the A-Listers just aren't making the cut it seems.

All I can say is, no wrestlers, ex-wrestlers and wannabe wrestlers... Wrestlers are excruitiating to watch on film outside of WWE.

Comment

I'm going to risk playing in the road here and throw in my two cents under two different scenarios:

If the movie's going to lean more towards campiness/family friendly/FILMation, my vote still goes to Seann William Scott. The guy can get in good shape and look cut, but h'ed just need to considerably bulk up. He's already established as a decent comic actor and after seeing "Southland Tales", I'd really like to see him in more dramatic roles.

If we get something more akin to the early mini-comics, I'd like to see Tom Hardy take a shot at it. Most of the time I see folks chime in on their expectations of a He-Man actor, they want a Shakespearean actor wrapped in a bodybuilder's frame. Let face it, that's nigh-impossible. Tom Hardy is a versatile, respectable actor and is no stranger to changing his physical look from role-to-role. He's going to be bringing Mad Max back in the reboot, and I'd love to see him do the same for He-Man.

Again, I'm casting He-Man, not Prince Adam. Just throwing that out there.
                      I make my own MOTU video games. Wanna see?
                      http://www.dailymotion.com/wallbie
                      http://wallbie.deviantart.com/
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/wallbieswarriors

Comment

• Captain Atkin
                        Captain Atkin commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Seann William Scott would certainly make for a likable He-Man. He is a good actor, and can handle fight scenes well. He was great in the hockey movie Goon. I think he could also handle playing the fun-loving Prince Adam without difficulty.

• Draego-Man
                        Draego-Man commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I would DESPISE him in the role of He-Man. NO WAY!!! He is a comedic actor, not a serious one.

• wallbie
                        wallbie commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hey, at least no one's crapping on Tom Hardy as He-Man. LOL

As far as Seann William Scott being "a comedic actor". *ahem* Michael Keaton as Batman *ahem* Like I said, check out "Southland Tales" and you're going to see plenty of comedic actors successfully going against type.

Lutz bombed in Hercules, he will not get another chance.
                      “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
                      Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

Honestly, I'm not sure ANY of these guys would make a suitable He-Man. Maybe they could do what Star Wars did and cast some unknowns? He-Man's portrayer just has to be big, beefy, agile enough for the action sequences and a decent enough actor to execute the dialogue without being some lunkhead.

Comment

So you're the casting director. Whose going to be the faces in the MOTU film? Have fun... and please, for the sake of all that is decent in film, no suggesting wrestlers as He-Man. Vomit. Vomit. Vomit...

Chord Overstreet as Prince Adam, hot young fresh face with acting chops, dreamy looks and a killer body. He'd bring in the GLEE fanbase, and we'd be thankful for it!
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2218.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	34128

Rose Leslie as Teela, Yep, she's already proven herself a take no BS warrior chick. Catch her now while she's on fire! She would entice the GOT fanbase.

Name:	405.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	34139

Kevin Durand as Ram Man, a cool character actor that is comfortable in make up, has played many unique roles in action/sci-fi. Stands an impressive 6'6''!

Name:	Kevin-Durand-safe.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	34135

Tilda Swinton as Evil-Lyn, a gifted actress who has played powerful, commanding, and vicious women. If you don't know her, get out from under your rock. After a flawless 87 performance by Meg Foster, she's next in line for this role!

Name:	Tilda-Swinton-80.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	34137

Sendhil Ramamurthy as Keldor/Skeletor, an out of the box choice, this muscular, talented, drop dead gorgeous Eastern man could be an amazing Skeletor, and yes he is an actor, and capable of speaking without the exaggerated Indian accent he had in Heroes.

Name:	Sendhil+Ramamurthy+AFI+FEST+2008+Tribute+Danny+Zwtm7Ln7exRl.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	34141

Michael Fassbender as Tri-Klops, handsome, talented, and has already sold us on X-Men as Magneto, amazing man for this role. Skeletor will have to share the screen with the master tinkerer. His presence would bring along a few X-Men fans.

Name:	NEr2hQuLPUnQvv_1_2.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	207.8 KB
ID:	34138

Robert Maillet as The Beastman, billed at a massive 7'' and with a few creature make-up roles to date, this beastly, and strangely handsome giant would be a perfect fearsome furred henchman.

Name:	latest?cb=20120307152440.jpeg
Views:	69
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	34140

More to come later. Discuss.
                          Last edited by Sky Runner; 01-06-2015, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Deborah Ann Woll as Teela

Amy Adams as Queen Marlena

Colm Feore as King Hiss

Mila Jovovich as Evil-Lyn

Anthony De Longis as Tri-Klops

Comment

Idris Elba would be a great MAA!! we need a black main character in MOTU - and he's got a sexy moustache.

also i'd like to see Rachelle Lefèvre as Teela.

and Meg Foster should make a cameo - Evil-Lyn in "old woman" disguise!

Michael Fassbender would be good for Keldor.

Comment

Idris Elba is done with sci-fi fantasy roles. Dude is a dick now, but I'll always remember him fondly from the WIRE.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Here-...r-2-68054.html

“Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
                                Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

I don't know at all who I'd cast for any roles in particular.

When I was younger I always wanted Matthias Hues to play Skeletor someday.

For some reason Maggie Grace keeps popping up in my head to play a role. Maybe Sorceress.
                                  “Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.” ~Bertrand Russell

Comment

Have only given thought to a few characters - or at least only a few stand out at the moment.
                                    Liev Schreiber might make a good Duncan/Man-At-Arms, or King Randor.

Michael Sheen could probably do good as Skeletor/Keldor. Certainly had the look for it in the Underworld movies - and didn't mind his acting either.
                                    For some reason Nick Frost comes to mind for Ram Man.

Comment

Here are some candidates for the movie...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X