Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pop Culture Shock 1:4 Statues and Busts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop Culture Shock 1:4 Statues and Busts!

I think a thread devoted to this expensive but beautiful statues is needed
    To recap:
    Pop Culture Shock is releasing a series of high-end 1:4 scale MOTU statues based on the Filmation cartoon.
    The characters announced so far are He-Man (shipping in March), Beast Man (currently up for preorder), Teela (preorder coming soon) Teela and Evil-Lyn.
    PCS is also releasing a 1:1 scale bust of Skeletor.

I'd love to see reposted in this thread all the teasers and images available for these statues. I'll start with the latest one, Teela!

These are so cool, Wish I was rich so I can collect all this stuff.

Comment

Yeah these are some great statues of our favorite characters. But I'm not really into such large pieces. Space is an issue and so is cash. I'd take some smaller scale statues like the 200x NECA Staction series. Those were awesome & would love to have every vintage/Filmation character done from that line of statues.

Comment

Some pictures from last February of the first tease of the Filmation He-Man head sculpt.
        "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Originally posted by Pinch View Post
          Yeah these are some great statues of our favorite characters. But I'm not really into such large pieces. Space is an issue and so is cash. I'd take some smaller scale statues like the 200x NECA Staction series. Those were awesome & would love to have every vintage/Filmation character done from that line of statues.
          One of the reasons we probably won't seen anything like that in the near future is that Mattel doesn't allow their licensor anymore to create items that are too close to the scale of the toys.
          For example, Icon Heroes Castle Grayskull couldn't be much larger than that. For the same reason, PCS can't do anything too small.
          If NECA and the 4H were trying to do the Stactions today, Mattel would have said a big no.

Comment

• Pinch
            Pinch commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow that is terrible news. Love.....loved the Stactions and still do. But why won't Mattel let a licensor create more Stactions? They're not exactly action figures. But are they just too close in scale to be considered an action figure then?

• RoboSteveo
            RoboSteveo commented
            Editing a comment
            That sucks, but I do understand where Mattel is coming on that one.

Oh, man, Teela is so perfect!
          “A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Aren't they releasing Trap Jaw as well? I'm sure I've seen a teaser for it similar to Teela's

Comment

Yes, Trap Jaw too!
              Here is the teaser image.

Comment

Just posted!
                A first pic of the output for the Teela statue (the output is the physical object obtained by the digital file)
                (a bigger version is visible on FB, here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...ntions_comment)

Comment

These statues are really awesome. But again they are just way too expensive for me. With keeping up with the Classics,ICON Heroes & trying to buy Vintage MOC/MIB items. Finding extra cash is hard to find. If they could have dropped them down to the point where Mattel doesn't consider them action figures. I might be on board to get these gems.

Comment

A larger picture of the Teela statue.

Comment

That Teela statue is pretty damn sweet John. I almost wish she had the sword in her hand instead of the blaster. But that's a small complaint.

Comment

That most likely is the exclusive version with interchangeable hands.
                        The regular version should have shield and sword

Comment

Originally posted by Emiliano View Post
                          That most likely is the exclusive version with interchangeable hands. The regular version should have shield and sword
                          Damn....now I really want one. I wish they were cut down in scale a little though.

Comment

It's a wonderful statue.

Comment

I'm interested to see the back of the statue...

Comment

• GREP-A-TOR
                                GREP-A-TOR commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Giggity.giggity giggity

beautiful sculpts .. from what I saw in the pictures these are sculpted Digitally first using Zbrush .. then 3d printed.. amazing

Comment

Yep, they are all sculpted in zBrush, then printed, I think by Ownage, which has the best quality. They really seem to do a great job and the art direction is very good on these

Comment

I got an email to confirm my address for the He-Man statue. Looks like they will ship in mid May. I can't wait!

Comment

How much is this selling for?
                                    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

The regular version is around $320. The exclusive is long sold out. Not sure what it is going for on ebay.

Comment

Wow, way too expensive for me.
                                        "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

These things are really cool, but they don't have a place in my collection. Statues just big pretty toys waiting to be knocked over by my rambunctious cats.

Comment

http://toynewsi.com/ig.php?mode=albu...art=0&sl=22334
                                            Pics of painted Trap Jaw!

Comment

These statues look amazing!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                              Working...
                                              X