Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sideshow Masters of the Universe Statue Collection!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sideshow Masters of the Universe Statue Collection!

Sideshow has just announced that they are producing an exciting new Masters of the Universe statue collection!

A message from Sideshow:

Sideshow is very excited to announce that we’ll be producing Masters of the Universe Statues, beginning with He-Man and Skeletor! Those attending San Diego Comic-Con will have the power to see the first statue from this brand new line in person. He-Man fans, be sure to sign up above to get updates on this upcoming release!

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/whats-ne...-the-universe/
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

From what I can see he's looking new, fresh, interesting, & awesome.

I see lots of new costume elements and guess what...no pants...hear that Hollywood?
    “Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.” ~Bertrand Russell

Comment

I'm not a fan of this. I'm not a fan of he-man's new look.

Nothing against the time and effort that went into the stature.

Comment

I'm digging this. This feels like something out of a movie. I also really like the new red cross design on the armor.
        “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

I love this style and I might actually collect them if the price is right!

Comment

I think this is the best He-Man statue yet. If the price is right I might get it.
            “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

I like the style a lot, the ornate almost Celtic style fits He-Man IMO. I absolutely love this sword! I do not like the skull shoulder pad. It size draw's the eye towards it when I'd rather be looking at his face or chest symbol. This face looks more like Conan rather then He-man. He doesn't have to smile, but but he also doesn't have to look exactly like Frazetta's The Barbarian...I know the cross is iconic, but given that it's so heavily stylized, they could have it at an angle so it's kind of in between the 200X symbol and the original cross. My preferred symbol is the stylized H that appered on Battle Armor, Thunder Punch and Flying Fist He-Man. DC comic's embelishment that it's the standard of Zoar makes me like it even more. Besides that "h" would be more heroic looking then a giant skull on your shoulder.

http://frankfrazetta.org/images/fran...ebarbarian.jpg

All that said, if this is a preview of what a modern Movie could look like, I'd be happy!
              Once upon a time, good advice was "be kind Rewind"now nobody remembers the past.

Masters of the universe The LOST TALES (a series of vintage style fan-comics and children's books)

Comment

i don't buy statues but i hope this re-design is based on the new movie
                http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomZodak View Post
                  i don't buy statues but i hope this re-design is based on the new movie

Came on to say the same, really hope this is the direction they take the movie

Comment

Looks great, I think the sword is a great update, the shoulder armour, doesnt work for me, it looks to big and 'world of Warcraft-y' to me ,
                    Armour like this is almost always worn with a full breastplate / suit ,

The skull on the other hand, I love the idea, for me it should be on his belt, but the overall cotume I think is a we bit too fussy, I like my designs bold and chunky, battle worn and functional , detail with in what the costume in made of , wrinkles in leather, dents in metal, etc,. Not detail for details sake

Over all a cool sculpt , but this is more Boris Vallejo , to me we need some one like the shiflett brothers , to Frazzetta it up a bit ,

Comment

As for a movie design, it's kinda too generic fantasy I think some of what makes He-man great is lost, just look at Dan benedict's 'fall of greyskull' movie he-man , he looks great and stays true to the look in a believable way

Comment

Originally posted by zombihamma View Post
                        As for a movie design, it's kinda too generic fantasy I think some of what makes He-man great is lost, just look at Dan benedict's 'fall of greyskull' movie he-man , he looks great and stays true to the look in a believable way
                        Honestly, I would like to see the new MOTU movie in this style:

Comment

I think his designs are great as are the pictures but again , it's a bit too generic for me , kinda like John Carter ( which to be fair wasn't. Bad film, )
                          I just think there was design Mind set in the late 70's early 80's that we just don't have now, and it could be fun and cool to see them in a big budget modern movie , imagine the big chunky designs of the battle ram thundering through a Rudy Obrero inspired land scape firing off missiles Madmax style ,
                          Rather than slick ' Jupiter descending ' 'I can't see the space ship it's moving so fast 'kind of look ,

Not to take anything away from the art work it is very cool on a second look

Comment

• Shawn
                            Shawn commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You make a lot of excellent points!

(also I agree with you about the skull being on the belt as you said in a previous post. Perhaps even as an homage of the GITD Warrior's Ring symbol as a decoration on the main "jewel" of the belt.

Originally posted by zombihamma View Post
                          I think his designs are great as are the pictures but again , it's a bit too generic for me , kinda like John Carter ( which to be fair wasn't. Bad film, )
                          I just think there was design Mind set in the late 70's early 80's that we just don't have now, and it could be fun and cool to see them in a big budget modern movie , imagine the big chunky designs of the battle ram thundering through a Rudy Obrero inspired land scape firing off missiles Madmax style ,
                          Rather than slick ' Jupiter descending ' 'I can't see the space ship it's moving so fast 'kind of look ,

Not to take anything away from the art work it is very cool on a second look
                          I get what you're saying, but you know how Hollywood is these days when it comes to Scifi/Fantasy movies, almost everything has to look more futuristic (or believable) and less cartoony/comic-book-esque... And I think this "generic" sleek Fantasy style might fit the bill if done right... However, if things were just a little less "Spikey", and more rugged with a good amount of vivid colors, the look of this particular universe could be almost perfect.

Funny that you've mentioned Jupiter "Ascending", I just watched it last night on iTunes, some great concept designs in there that just got wasted into a bad film! The direction of the action sequences however were terrible IMO, everything was simply a blur even worse the Transformers movies, maybe because I'm that kinda guy who looks for details and who loves to live each action scene!...

Comment

With a new KING CONAN movie coming out, I hope that a MOTU movie will take some cues from that film. I have a feeling King Conan will come out first. If you go too futuristic with He-Man, you risk coming across like the Flash Gordon movie from the 1970s. I think this statue is a step in the right direction for the look of the character in a MOTU movie. He-Man should look like a barbarian warrior.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Atkin View Post
                              I think this statue is a step in the right direction for the look of the character in a MOTU movie. He-Man should look like a barbarian warrior.
                              In other words, less shiny armors and more leather?... I also think more Axe and less Sword for He-Man.

Comment

Holyshit, these are amazing:

Comment

• Captain Atkin
                                  Captain Atkin commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Awesome. Purely awesome.

The Hordak head on Skeletor's belt is a nice touch.

• Mechanizor
                                  Mechanizor commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  I hope they're reasonably priced, because I simply want them!

Sideshow has posted some fantastic concept illustrations of their He-Man and Skeletor. The artwork was done by Stjepan Sejic, Alex Pascenko, Zane Yarbrough, Ian MacDonald and Zac Roane.

Comment

• Andy
                                  Andy commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  That skeletor concept art is totally badass!

Exquisite art as well, I wonder if the price tag on He-Man says: TBD (to be determined)?!!!

Comment

More info about these in this video:

Exclusives more likely will have switchable heads and/or weapons. Possibly more of these statues are on their way next year (Teela, Man-at Arms, and Trap-Jaw), if the initial releases sell well enough. Evil-Lyn is already in the works!
                                  :trapjaw:

Comment

Here is a little "behind the scenes" interview about the upcoming statues:
                                    http://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/behi...f-the-universe

Comment

Very cool statues but the Skeletor statue is far superior in my eyes... definitely bad ass. However He-Man is missing something for me, he is looking too much like a lot of fantasy video game characters I have played and less like He-Man. Maybe if he lost the shoulder armor, and shin guards it would work better for me. As the most powerful man in the universe he just doesn't need it.
                                      I can usually be found hanging out somewhere between 1980-1989.

Comment

If you're interested, the He-Man statue will be available for Pre-Order on September 24th 2015!... Yay, I cannot wait to get mine, and the rest of the series!

Comment

New pictures of the statue!

Comment

What a glorious art piece! The amount of details on this baby is simply outstanding!... I hope this line sells well, so we get to see more of it!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                            Working...
                                            X